• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbely2

Enlightened
Hello Dallas,
Does Peak LED Solutions plan to increase offerings in its Kilmanjaro line of flashlights?
I am particulary interested in pocket style Kilmanjaro that will give light candle mode ability.
Also my guess that it may be interest in multiple LEDs Kilmanjaro version...

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
mbely2 -
Peak's custom center could make you a Kil(i)manjaro 3 LED. (I assume they forgot the "I".)

I'd like to see a AA-6. The run-time wouldn't be anything to brag about, but with a rechargeable it wouldn't have to be.

mbely2

Enlightened
What I am really like to have is brass single LED Kilimanjaro which will be little bit shorter than key-ring style and stands on it tail. The standig ability is important and will make Kilimanjaro to be perfect nightstand light for those night bathroom trips and other in-house activities /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Brass version in my opinion is little heavy for key ring use, but nice to look at and feel good in hands because of its extra weight.

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
[
I have received a lot of request for a 1 LED Ultra-Power AAA to be sent to Craig and Doug. By request I have done so along with additional lights.
The reason for this is because on the New "Snow29" LED that we have been using for about the last month. What does this mean you ask?

This means the output is a little higher now in brightness. We still drive them the same it is just the quality of the LED's have once again got better. I will be re doing all the charts between this weekend and next week.

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

I just ordered and received two Matterhorn (1AAA) Ultra Peaks- one single LED in the HAIII and a Stainless in the 3 Led version. First, I want to mention Peak's excellent customer service, I phoned in my order and the lights were in my mailbox two days later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

The quality exceeded my expectations, fit and finish were first class. But the performance is what's stunning. Dallas A, I think is being modest in saying that they are 'a little' brighter. On Flashlightreview's review, he has the total output of a 3 led Matterhorn as about the same as a Gerber Infinity Ultra. When I compare the Inf Ultra side by side with the single led Matterhorn, the Peak just drowns it- here's a beamshot comparing the two- the single LED Peak is on the right, and that tiny blue dot is the Infinity Ultra. The picture accurately depicts what I saw, and the Peak's beam really is that nice!

705128-Peak%20vs%20Inf%20Ultra%20Beamshot.jpg

The three led version is even brighter than that! In deep twilight it illuminated my neighbor's house 20 yards away bright enough to count the bricks.

Two really first class lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
And here's the beamshot comparing the single vs. the three led Matterhorn Ultra's
705150-Matterhorn%201%20vs%203.jpg

The single is still on the right. The single is very impressive for a 3/4 ounce dynamo, but the 3 LED version ROCKS

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
DallasA -

After you finish updating the more important parts of the site, could you add each LED's wavelength range to the color page, including UV? Or post them in this thread if you don't want them there for some reason?

BTW, why was green restricted to a custom order? Is it not recommended? If you can save me from shooting myself in the foot, please do.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sarius,
I was wondering if you could do me (us) a favor... can you compare the Ultra 3 with a NiMH rechargable and alkaline?
I have these NiMH AAA batteries laying around and they would give a flatter discharge rate than alkalines and that would suit me. If an Ultra on rechargables put out the same as the HO on alkalines, that would be about perfect.
A (turkish) friend of mine really wants my original Peak Matterhorn 3 LED HO so it gives me an excuse to upgrade. I pondered the Arc for a few seconds but can't give up the snow LEDs; quality beam and brightness is a combo I can't pass up.

Sarius

Newly Enlightened
I would, but alas, I don't have any of the AAA rechargables, nor a light meter. I think to really do it, you have to have some way to actually measure what's happening with the beam, especially considering that it should run for several hours with either battery!

I know that Doug at Flashlightreviews was sent some of the new Matterhorns to test, perhaps a special request to him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif ?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sarius,
No problem... just wondering. The battle is between a NiMH fed Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra and the upcoming Luxeon version. It all depends if I run out of patience for upcoming and go with the Ultra now. Sorta the CPF motto, buy both!
Thanks for the beamshots and thoughts on your great light.

DallasA

Enlightened
mbely2 & archangel:

We are looking to increase the Kilimanjaro line in the near future with Multi LED's. For now we you can get a Custom pocket 3 LED from the custom design center.

[ QUOTE ]
archangel said:
DallasA -

After you finish updating the more important parts of the site, could you add each LED's wavelength range to the color page, including UV? Or post them in this thread if you don't want them there for some reason?

BTW, why was green restricted to a custom order? Is it not recommended? If you can save me from shooting myself in the foot, please do.

[/ QUOTE ]

To measure the Wavelength would require equipment I do not have, I will see if the engineers can do this and get back to you on it.

No we do recommend the Green, however the reason it became a custom order is two reasons, one not a common call and second people have different desires when it comes to the color of green.

When I figure out how to stop myself from shoot my own foot I will let you now how I did it. ( Smile )

OK guys,

I got the CP updated and here is the short list to make it easier. Still a lot left to do.

AAA 1 LED HP ( old cp 18 ) New Snow29 37cp 100% increase

AAA 1 LED UP ( old cp 28 ) New Snow29 45cp 65% increase

AAA 3 LED HP ( old cp 54 ) New Snow29 79cp 45% increase

AAA 3 LED UP ( old cp 84 ) New Snow29 110cp 25% increase

AA 1 LED HP ( old cp 18 ) New Snow29 37cp 100% increase

AA 1 LED UP ( old cp 28 ) New Snow29 45cp 65% increase

CR123 7 LED HP ( old cp 126 ) New Snow29 185cp 47% increase
CR123 7 LED UP ( old cp 196 ) New Snow29 220cp 13% increase

The New "Snow29" has been used in our products for the last month as a standard stock item and has meet our quality standards and has now officially take the place of the standard Snow LED.

I am quit happy with the new improvements and look forward to the future.

As always have a wonderful week!

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Are all of these products in-stock and available for immediate shipment?

[/ QUOTE ]

All, except the lug style AAA.

I am aware you are waiting for some lug style bodies, should be by then end of the week.

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dallas,
could let us know when the ocean series is coming out please.

doug

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Are all of these products in-stock and available for immediate shipment?

[/ QUOTE ]

All, except the lug style AAA.

I am aware you are waiting for some lug style bodies, should be by then end of the week.

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I just placed another order. Please ship this order, rather than waiting for the items in my other order to become available.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update, MJ!
I am going to take the plunge and get the lug style Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra. I will have to check if we have a light meter at work so I can test my first generation HP against the newest Ultra. For grins I will test it with a NiMH rechargable and see how well it works and how bright it is.
Time to warm up the Pay Pal account and keep an eye on the mail. I'll keep myself occupied by reading the upcoming reviews of the Kino Bay and thinking about the AAA version.

Brock

Flashaholic
Ok, I broke down and ordered the Matterhorn AAA Ultra 3led. I have the high output 3led so I should go from 54 to 110. I like that!!!

I will post the info on my site as well, keep up the great work!!!

Gliderguy

Newly Enlightened
I just couldn't stand it anymore. I ordered a Caribbean.

I was trying to get a feel for the size of this light.

Go get a roll of pennies. that is almost EXACTLY the size of the light. (well the head is actually about the size of a nickle)

That is pretty small.

one question for MJ:

is the listed weights for the light with or without battery installed?

txmatt

Enlightened
Sorry if I missed 'em, but are there any plans to make a 3 LED Ultra AA (Kilmanjaro) version. In the Matterhorn line, the triple LED is approximately twice the brightness with half the runtime of the single LED. If this applied to the AA lineup, a 3 LED AA Kilmanjaro Ultra would have ~100cp with a 4 hour runtime to 50% which would be a nice combination of brightness and runtime.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dallas A -

Could you post a pic of the Green on the color page when you get a chance? I thought maybe your supplier could tell you the approx wavelengths (and beam angles) of the LEDs.

Oh, and i'll be looking forward to those "not shooting myself in the foot" directions. They'd be even more useful than a pocket torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.