• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

auroreboreale

Newly Enlightened
DallasA: I am considering buying a short-but-lugged High Power or Ultra Power Matterhorn via Pocketlights, as I understand you do not ship to Canada. Is there a way to find out if the Pocketlights stock has the new Snow 29 LED?

Here, just North of 60 where the December nights last 19 hours, a EDC light is pretty much mandatory, while I don't collect flashlights, I sure do use what I have for years and years! The idea that I could get something with a 5 hour burn time which is as bright as a conventional 2xAA Maglite but the size of a half-pencil, is highly attractive!
Enlightenment!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
chrisse242 said:
Nice graphs t.i.n., could you repeat this with the peak running an E2-lithium? I really like this curve, looks like the peaks will last a loooong time on one cell.

Chrisse

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the plan after the current test of the 3xLED Peak completes.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks t.i.n. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Great charts and I look forward to the upcoming 3xLED version charts. After looking how loooong the AAA single LED runs (over 10 hours) I wonder how long a Kilamanjaro AA with one LED HO would operate. Considering an AA has 220% more stored energy than a AAA, I bet it would make it in regulation for 25 hours.
For amusement, could you throw a NiMH AAA in the 3xLED version to see how well in regulates and outputs in comparison? My plan is an Ultra 3xLED running NiMH cells (I have 6 of them laying around so I plan on using them)
Thanks again for the charts!

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a V/I plot of my Peak Kilimanjaro High Power. I have no mean now to post a picture but I can type some readings:

140 ma at 1.7 Volt
120 mA at 1.5 Volt
40 mA at 1.2 Volt
20 mA at 1.0 Volt
0 mA at 0.8 Volt

With this curve, coupled to the fact that the efficiency of the LED increases at lower currents, it stays on for 40 hrs., with diminishing output.

It is matter of personal preference which curve one likes most. I prefer semi-regulated and fully regulated curves, but what I see with the Peak V/I plot ensures a very long runtime and very low lumen maintenance of the LED.

Regards

Anthony

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Data has been plotted for the Peak 3xLED.

PEAK4.JPG

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Data has been plotted for the Peak 3xLED.

PEAK4.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

TIN...thank you for all the time you have spent this weekend doing these chart, I feel bad that you have spent your weekend on this. I just wanted to let you know we are going to send your bodies to you at no charge.

Again thank you for all your hard work!

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
I just got the Matterhorn AAA Ultra 3 led, that was quick. MJ I am assuming this is one of the newer ones? I am asking because either I have a really good high output 3AAA or something is not quite right. I get about 51 peak CP on my meter with the older high output version I bought in January?, then move the same battery to the new Ultra and I get 66. It is a bit more, but not quite what I had hoped. Any thoughts? I keep thinking maybe my "H" version is really good?

I haven't run time tested them yet. I will try to take a side by side tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brock,

can you tell me if you got it from us or one of our dealers. You can send me the unit and I will be more the happy to take a look at it.

PM sent...

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
auroreboreale said:
DallasA: I am considering buying a short-but-lugged High Power or Ultra Power Matterhorn via Pocketlights, as I understand you do not ship to Canada. Is there a way to find out if the Pocketlights stock has the new Snow 29 LED?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could give Pocketlight a call in the am and check on his stock that he has received just to make sure on the ones he has. I will let you know tomorrow for sure.

MJ

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
MJ, Will there be a 2AA Tube for Peak LED Kino Bay 1AA ....

Also It would be interesting to add a KRoll Switch at the tailend...

I did try to fix KRol Switch from the Front.. the Threads were not matching.. however, the diameter was just perfect.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since ViReN is asking,
What about a 2AA tube option for the Glacier Bay? I can do it myself with a Glacier Bay, a minimag and epoxy but... can these be special ordered?

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
MJ, Will there be a 2AA Tube for Peak LED Kino Bay 1AA ....

Also It would be interesting to add a KRoll Switch at the tailend...

I did try to fix KRol Switch from the Front.. the Threads were not matching.. however, the diameter was just perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a Kino Bay a you would need a special head made to go with the pack to work.

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
Since ViReN is asking,
What about a 2AA tube option for the Glacier Bay? I can do it myself with a Glacier Bay, a minimag and epoxy but... can these be special ordered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we do 2AA packs that will work with all CR123 models. You can have to opp. on a Kroll switch or not.

MJ

DallasA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
MJ I sent you a PM, but I got both lights right from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM Replyed...Thank you had a hard time finding it. Will get this taken care of ASAP.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, MJ. The reviews on the Glacier Bay are great---congratulations!

Have you sent the model I'm most interested in, the Caribbean, to Doug and Craig for review?

Thanks,

Andrew

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
MJ,
Thank you so much concerning the information on Glacier Bay 2AA packs. A NiMH powered 2AA Glacier Bay with a "twisty" type head switch is the perfect beast for EDC use under harsh conditions. I will email customer support for the part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.