Picture of your GIZMO !

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep - mule head on a custom twisty body designed to mimic the standard AA pack. I'm a fan of the stock or 'factory' look but I wanted to carry the light on my keys and I felt that the stock mule + AA pack was just too long. Hopefully it does the trick! I'll need to resist the temptation to replace the emitter and MCPCB. Old habits die hard!

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep - mule head on a custom twisty body designed to mimic the standard AA pack. I'm a fan of the stock or 'factory' look but I wanted to carry the light on my keys and I felt that the stock mule + AA pack was just too long. Hopefully it does the trick! I'll need to resist the temptation to replace the emitter and MCPCB. Old habits dies hard!

For sure you will replace the driver (the emitter is already likely very good). I am holding out hope that you will come up with a 14mm user programmable board that I can put into all my light engines. Would go nicely with my e-mcclicky-switch from you too.

eala

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh that body is hot as heck! :faint:

So it's still a AA Pak?

Thanks and yes, still AA. I realized I had 10 Eneloops but no actual AA lights. I was on the lookout for a new keychain light and wanted to make use of the cells I had on hand. Nothing took my fancy so I thought I'd go high-end-semi-custom lol.

gonefishing

Enlightened
My humble collection.
dc9f9ea79cc4e5003fcce998e641b683.jpg

farmdog

Newly Enlightened
Wow....I have been looking for a flashlight to use around the house, so naturally I went online. I started reading, and a week later I don't have a flashlight and I can't make up my mind because I like to overdue everything.
Custom and modded flashlights? Yes please. The work that is done to these lights is awesome. Kudos to the people who have the talent to do this.
Anyway....I will be here lurking and reading, and probably just pick up something that really catches my eye. Custom or not I will be very happy with all the choices there are for modern flashlights.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
@farmdog You can save yourself a lot of time (and money) and just pick up a stock McGizmo light. Then customize to your taste.

eala

Double Barrel

Enlightened
Wow, you guys have some awesome lights and pics. I have only recently fell in love with Mcgizmos. It took a little while to take the plunge.
Have to say, I love the twisty AA, Matt!

Here's my Haiku lights.

Haiku's XPG 2-AA Pak & XML 1-123 Pak ...oh and a Macs SST-50
u8asemu9.jpg

vagejymu.jpg

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My small collection.
The PD style lights are awesome and "Dad", the XRU on the 2x123 pak is fantastic. This has become my EDC of the month.
20141007_135258.jpg

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greatscout really like the way that 2x123 pak looks with the XRU head. Nice collection!