Search & Rescue lots of throw, with decent flood capability?

BowHunter1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Search & Rescue lots of throw, with decent flood capability?

Well I just ordered the light. I wasn't in a rush, but I found a Eagle Tac MX25L3C XP-G2 kit on a good clearance sale. I had to pick it up. I came out of this a lot cheaper than I feared. So I am very happy. I cannot wait to get this thing! This should do me for quite some time. Don't laugh, I am serious! :grin2:

Where did you find the MX25 on clearance?? And congrats I have looked at this light many times but never pulled the trigger

markr6

Flashaholic

Makes me sick I paid $139 for my non-kit version :( And that was a good deal just a couple months ago.

kkay

Newly Enlightened

Yes, I do understand. There may be a better price in the future, or they may be gone. I didn't want to miss my chance, and was happy with the price I paid. I chose regular UPS shipping though. Not sure when it will finally arrive. Yes, I got the kit version, and that is really what I wanted. Now I have the holster, and the filters. No batteries in this kit, but that was fine by me. I didn't want a kit with a charger either. I already have a good charger. So I am just thrilled. I will know more once I test this baby out.

kkay

Newly Enlightened

I got the flashlight in this afternoon. As soon as I got it, I had to leave town, and visit my daughter. But when I came back this evening, I gave it a mini trial. I like it very much so far. The color is not as cool as I had feared. (that is a good thing, because I prefer warmer lights) It has a little more flood than I thought it would. But that is fine, I like it just the way it is. It will be a perfect light, for what I paid for it. I messed around with it for quite a while this evening. I was impressed with it, and I'm glad I got it. The size is great, and the fit and finish is good. The weight is about what I expected. I like the holster, but wish it had a top flap, for protection. For the time being, I put a small lanyard cord on it. I don't like the ET lanyard clips, because I think it would scratch up the finish on the black, and rub it off. The lanyards are very nice though. I am going to get a clip, or a very small carabiner for it. I will put it on the end of the lanyard, and snap it on my belt loop. That way maybe I won't lose it, or drop it. So far it is two thumbs up! I will know more after I've messed around with it more. I didn't put the filters on yet. It took me forever to get that bezel ring off. But I finally got it, thank goodness.

insanefred

Enlightened

I got the flashlight in this afternoon. As soon as I got it, I had to leave town, and visit my daughter. But when I came back this evening, I gave it a mini trial. I like it very much so far. The color is not as cool as I had feared. (that is a good thing, because I prefer warmer lights) It has a little more flood than I thought it would. But that is fine, I like it just the way it is. It will be a perfect light, for what I paid for it. I messed around with it for quite a while this evening. I was impressed with it, and I'm glad I got it. The size is great, and the fit and finish is good. The weight is about what I expected. I like the holster, but wish it had a top flap, for protection. For the time being, I put a small lanyard cord on it. I don't like the ET lanyard clips, because I think it would scratch up the finish on the black, and rub it off. The lanyards are very nice though. I am going to get a clip, or a very small carabiner for it. I will put it on the end of the lanyard, and snap it on my belt loop. That way maybe I won't lose it, or drop it. So far it is two thumbs up! I will know more after I've messed around with it more. I didn't put the filters on yet. It took me forever to get that bezel ring off. But I finally got it, thank goodness.

Now you need to play with it for a whole week or two before really taking it out on some real search.

kkay

Newly Enlightened

Yes, it is going to take a little bit of getting used to, no doubt about it. I am used to just barely touching the button, to switch modes. I am not used to doing that with turning the head. The compact light really fits my hand quite well. I am very happy about that too.