Sign-up thread for the MillerMods Cree Arc AAA 2-stage (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
I e-mailed Arc to see when they would be selling the natural color anodized AAA's again and Maria said by the end of this month or beginning of Feb. The black ones they have right now are not very consistent in quality like their lights I've bought in the past.

I have several Arc AAA lights that I will be selling as seconds for the next few weeks. If you are on the list then you have priority for these lights but I don't have time to contact everyone about it. If you are interested in a "second" then please PM me. Some of these lights have blemished finish from scratches to wear, but all will have good polished reflectors in new condition. The Cree will be an R2 WC. The power levels can be choosen as usual.

I will also have some that have irregular or floody beam profiles.

kimo

Newly Enlightened
i'll take a second or even two it you have them. .25 and 1.5 sorry if i did this wrong. i don't know what a pm is. thanks

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
"PM" stands for private message. It's like an email that only goes to other forum users. ;) To send one, click on the person's name at the top of their post, then choose the "Contact Info" tab, then click the "Send a private message..." link. If you get an answering PM, you'll see it as an unread message up in the top right-hand corner of the page after you log in. (I think you will also get a pop-up notification.)

Number 30(wow!) on the list checking in! I've made some excellent progress, since I used to be number 77. I hadn't checked this thread since November, and when I saw all the new posts I was afraid I may have missed the boat. Happily, nope, I'm still in the running. I don't think I want one of the "seconds". Not because I'm picky, but because this isn't the greatest time for me to be spending more money on lights. (Just bought a 2nd Zebralight, and a LumaPower Encore. My first foray into 18650-based lights.)

Anyway, I'll be back from vacation the latter half of Feb, and maybe I can get my Cree Arc then. Heck, I'll try to remember to check CPF while I'm gone. I'm getting excited again!

Should I consider dropping my low stage from .50, down to .25? We are getting such good bins these days, that .50 ain't as low as it once was.... I think I'm still okay with the idea of a not-super-low low. My intention is to use the low stage as my normal everyday setting. For crawling around behind computers, squinting at fine print, avoiding trip obstacles when outdoors... stuff like that. High (1.5) will be reserved for situations where shock and awe is required. :cool: Does a .50mA/1.5W combo (still) sound about right for that?

kimo

Newly Enlightened
thanks dave. i figured it out by trolling around, but thanks for the info. ruff times for all, keep chuggin. thanks again kimo

Steelbeach

Newly Enlightened
Please put me back on the list for a 50mA low, 1.0 watt high, head only. I think I was dropped off for not checking in often enough (as in not replying to the "reply if you're still interested") , but am still very much interested. Thanks.

crossroads

Newly Enlightened
I hate to do this, especially since I've been on the list for only a month or so, but I have to cancel. Number 67, 25 low, 1 watt high, best bin available. :sigh:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are unhappy with the ARC heads.

Any chance of switching to Peak Matterhorn heads. They fit the ARC bodies. I believe at one time they were the supplier to ARC.

Plus a stainless steel version of the matterhorn millermod would be cool

p1000017jx3.jpg

Last edited:

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Any chance of switching to Peak Matterhorn heads. They fit the ARC bodies. I believe at one time they were the supplier to ARC.

Plus a stainless steel version of the matterhorn millermod would be cool

p1000017jx3.jpg

The last I remember, the Peak heads weren't deep enough to provide a reasonable focus for the Cree LED. In fact, even older Arc heads won't work with the Cree. It needs to be an Arc AAA revision 4 with the beveled edge. I COULD be mistaken though.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a long time ago that I looked at the single LED Peak and I vaguely recall I couldn't use it because the reflector was cut at a steeper angle and deeper than the Arc.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I just had our second. This time we had a girl and we named her Riley. I'll be back to my regular routine soon.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
Congrats and best of health for the newborn and her mom!

Last edited:

deusexaethera

Banned
Ooh, I want one! Can I get one in olive with the low setting ~10 lumens and the highest high setting available?

I realize the color means I'm going to be waiting for a while, I'm cool with that. I just bought a bunch of Fenix lights -- and an Arc6 -- to tide me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.