So I got my A2, now I have a question......

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I guess that those few lights with smudges will become highly sought after, and terribly expensive in a few years. Sort of like the 1909 SDVD penny. Correct me if I got that SDVD wrong.

Bill

lukus

Enlightened
End mill bits will leave tracks on virtually anything machined with an end mill. They are flat bottomed bits that turn like a drill bit and move sideways. The tracks are the path the bit is taking. Lot of work and expense to remove all the machining marks, that's why SF's are so affordable.:grin2:

petery83

Newly Enlightened
Such a timely thread! I just received my A2 today, and was a bit concerned when I noticed the marks right as I was removing it from the packaging...glad it's not a problem with my light!

Cobweb Hunter

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure glad that I don't have an A2 so that I don't feel compelled to join in any forum about a smudge.

clipse

Enlightened
Cobweb Hunter said:
I'm sure glad that I don't have an A2 so that I don't feel compelled to join in any forum about a smudge.

And somehow you joined anyway......hmmmm. :)

Another obsevation. I've read that they threads are machined so that when the head was tightened that the flats on the head would line up with the grooves on the body. Upon further inspection. It looks more like the clip keeps it from tightening anymore. I can turn it just abit further but then the clip digs into the head. Can anyone else confirm that?

This light is freakin sweet. :)

clipse

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
TMK, several SF lights have this decorative line, not just the A2. I don't care for it personally as it seems to form too rough of a surface for the HA to adhere properly. But such a minor detail for a great light.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I just noticed last night that I can do 2 brightness levels with my A2's incan. I press the switch a little and I get a "low" incan, I press more, and it turns on "high". If I press the switch the whole way in, I have to double-tap it to get low, otherwise it comes on on "low". :thinking:

Batteries low?
Dirty contacts?
Nature of the beast?
Circuit problems?

I don't remember any of the other A2's I used doing this.

clipse

Enlightened
greenLED said:
I just noticed last night that I can do 2 brightness levels with my A2's incan. I press the switch a little and I get a "low" incan, I press more, and it turns on "high". If I press the switch the whole way in, I have to double-tap it to get low, otherwise it comes on on "low". :thinking:

Batteries low?
Dirty contacts?
Nature of the beast?
Circuit problems?

I don't remember any of the other A2's I used doing this.

In another thread someplace it was dirty contacts/extra resistance that caused this.

clipse

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Thanks, guys. Will clean the contacts, replace the batts and report back.

Most likely, it's the batteries - they're just about depleted, as far as the incan bulb is concerned. It's a common occurence with the A2, just strange the first time you come across it.

Last edited:

marxs

Enlightened
if the contacts look clean, its the batteries. just happened on my A2 this evening. put it on high and out came a low output incan...to test my theory i let it run and true enough the "moon mode" of the incan laster 20 minutes before completely shutting off.