• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SSC P7 Buck Converter

dperrin

Newly Enlightened
Seems like I have to make two real posts before the PM function will be actived.
I need a driver to run a single ssc p7 from a 11.1v li-ion battery pack that was originally from a Light & Motion metal halide bike light. I think your driver looks exactly like what I need.
I'll send a PM once my account is fully activated.

Cheers,
DP

javiole

Newly Enlightened
Hi Der,

I would like one of your drivers.

Would you send me your paypal address at ?

cheers

Last edited:

TakingVacation

Newly Enlightened
What is the price in US$$ for the P7 Buck Driver. Is the Dimmer available as well??

Thanks

Lelles0815

Newly Enlightened
Hi Der Wichtel,

I'm new in this forum, so i can't write PMs.
I want to build a headlamp for MTB Nightrides by using the following components : MTE SSC P7 C-Bin Flashlight and a Canon BP-945 (7.2V 6000mAh) as battery.
Now i need to know if i can use your Buck Converter for my project.
If it's possible, please send me a email with your Paypal adress, so that i can buy one.

Greets

Lelles0815

javiole

Newly Enlightened
Hi Der,

could I replace the pot in the driver for one that provides: minimum around 3volts and maximum the vf voltage of my P7 (i.e. when 2.8amps are reached) and use it like a dimmer?

cheers,

javi:thumbsup:e

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Yes you can.

you need to change one resistor and the pot.

there is a 10k resistor near the pot. replace it with something about 37k then you will get min voltage of 3V

replace the pot with a 10k and you will have max output of about 3.5V.

so your voltage range is 3-3.5V which should be good for the I Bin P7.
Use a 40k resistor instead of the 37k if you have J Bin P7

javiole

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Der.

I just want to have a lower mode to safe battery having still some decent light. What do you think about this one? current regulated 1.4Amps in on1 and 2.8Amps in on2 at a regulated vf voltage provide by your driver. Or even use a single 4 amc7135 at on1 and DD from your driver at on2 (then the current will be limited by the vf set in your driver.

C:\Documents and Settings\m187330\Desktop\Things\z-power\javiole2.pjg

For a tri-P7, same could apply but using Dowload design and adding 2 slave P7.

what do you think?

cheers,

Javi:thumbsup:e

Last edited:

javiole

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I don't know why I cannot upload my draw. I'm new in here an I cannot make it work!!!

I have put it as my avatar but it is too small to be seen. Or you can try to see it here:

http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/javiole/

can anybody explain why the image I uploaded can be seen just as an icon?

The idea is to regulate the vf voltage with your driver, using the (+), then using the (-) to regulate the current with some amc7135. The (-) that should go from the battery to the LED, would feed two 4*amc7135 boards to regulate the current. One of them is permanently on (then we get 1.4amps at the vf fixed from your driver) when the switch power is on, and the other one is controled by a second circuit in the power switch (an on-off-on switch with 2 circuits). In this last case we get current regulated of 2.8amps at a regulated vf from your driver. So we get two modes off----LOW 1.4amps(about 400lumes)-----HIGH 2.8amps(about 900lumens).

I wish I could post the image because I even don't understand my writting!! could I email (to your paypal email address) the image with the circuit for you to have a look? and let me know your opinion?

cheers,

javiole

Last edited:

Hill

Enlightened
Der Witchel,

P7 driver received - thank you! Now waiting for more components...
Hill

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
Sorry, I don't know why I cannot upload my draw. I'm new in here an I cannot make it work!!!

I have put it as my avatar but it is too small to be seen. Or you can try to see it here:

http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr155/javiole/

can anybody explain why the image I uploaded can be seen just as an icon?

The idea is to regulate the vf voltage with your driver, using the (+), then using the (-) to regulate the current with some amc7135. The (-) that should go from the battery to the LED, would feed two 4*amc7135 boards to regulate the current. One of them is permanently on (then we get 1.4amps at the vf fixed from your driver) when the switch power is on, and the other one is controled by a second circuit in the power switch (an on-off-on switch with 2 circuits). In this last case we get current regulated of 2.8amps at a regulated vf from your driver. So we get two modes off----LOW 1.4amps(about 400lumes)-----HIGH 2.8amps(about 900lumens).

I wish I could post the image because I even don't understand my writting!! could I email (to your paypal email address) the image with the circuit for you to have a look? and let me know your opinion?

cheers,

javiole

That should work but I think it would be better to use a simple opamp and a shunt and some resistors to have it current regulated.

The opamp amplifies the voltage drop over the shunt to the feedbackpin. so you won't have much loss.