• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well anyway.. tomorrow would be my last day i will order light from vinh, untill he got back from the vacation.

Last edited:

LarryB

Enlightened
The only good protected battery that i can think is the keeppower 18650. You can pick them up or order online at illumn.com

I agree, but the Orbtronic website is also very safe--they tell you exactly what you're getting, including what cell they used (all top quality) all the specs for it, and what current they will allow before tripping the circuit. You can't go wrong with Keeppower, but I have had zero trouble with the high current protected Orbtronic cells as well.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks wim, too much work though! Just tell me what to get and send me a link.

Max power
best deal

runtime don't matter. I only shine in the sky and at trees then go back to recharge. Haha.

Oh you mean the best cell didn't pop out and say "hello... pick me"? Haha I was just messing with ya... you don't want to know how many hours I've spent studying HKJ's reviews... I still don't have a clue. :laughing:

But yeah what NL said on your question. I haven't purchased a protected cell since Elvis was going through his awkward stage.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silver - 30 days (or so I've heard)

Sweet! I'll never see that then.

After you submit your urine:)

Oveready made me take a field sobriety test before they agreed to do any business with me. True story.
unsure.gif

flashaholic1

Enlightened
My Toolvn was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, to my surprise, it was in the mail when I got home today. This little sucker is bright! It's tiny. I've read everyone's comments on the toolvn page and everyone is mentioning how surprised they are by the output. I didn't really buy into the hype. let me say this, you don't really understand how small the light is until you see it and hold it in person. It really makes you question how so much light can come out of something so tiny. It's shorter and thinner than my pinky! hahah

For size reference
toolvn_comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Toolvn was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, to my surprise, it was in the mail when I got home today. This little sucker is bright! It's tiny. I've read everyone's comments on the toolvn page and everyone is mentioning how surprised they are by the output. I didn't really buy into the hype. let me say this, you don't really understand how small the light is until you see and it and hold in it person. It really makes you question how so much light can come out of something so tiny. It's shorter and thinner than my pinky! hahah

For size reference
toolvn_comparison.jpg
I'm a big fan, too!
Just mind the battery, it is easy to deplete it quickly. Very quickly. It's like having a 1 liter fuel tank connected to a V8 engine...

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Oh you mean the best cell didn't pop out and say "hello... pick me"? Haha I was just messing with ya... you don't want to know how many hours I've spent studying HKJ's reviews... I still don't have a clue. :laughing:

But yeah what NL said on your question. I haven't purchased a protected cell since Elvis was going through his awkward stage.
+1 unprotected high drains. You can get Samsung 30q unprotected with a button top if needed.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
My Toolvn was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, to my surprise, it was in the mail when I got home today. This little sucker is bright! It's tiny. I've read everyone's comments on the toolvn page and everyone is mentioning how surprised they are by the output. I didn't really buy into the hype. let me say this, you don't really understand how small the light is until you see it and hold it in person. It really makes you question how so much light can come out of something so tiny. It's shorter and thinner than my pinky! hahah
I have a stock Tool with crappy tint and still marvel at how bright it is with a 10440 in it. I can just imagine ToolVN with XP-l, driver VN2, awesome tint and a runtime of about 37 seconds. lol. Want to trade?

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I was just about to say... wow he did some far-out, groovy work on that light man. Thanks. Nice to see the buggers get put to the test and still trucking.

ven

Flashaholic
NL, its fairly common to get some type of "condensation" under the lens, capo can tell you more as he had similar on the tk75vn. I have had it to, over time it will dissipate............

I put it down to the inside of the light, although it is ipx8 outside, inside the head is not water tight/sealed if makes sense. So when you open it up for a cell swap, the head can get effected this way . For example, your place is nice and warm inside, you swap out your lights cells ready to go out on a winter/snow trek. All toasty, then outside on turbo with lots of heat in the light , cold out of it. There are a few variables that can cause this............. Its possible many dont notice this, not many may check the front during use, even then it could have gone away by the time they do! I have found on the rare occasion it happens, it does not effect anything to my eyes . I have no scientific proof of any of my comments by the way, just observations i have made:) Try and get the light nice and toasty a few times NL, see if it dissipates over some time/uses.................it should!

My q70 does it from time to time, sure its in the design of the light/head.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a multi emitter Thrunite light that had the same issue with moisture STRAIGHT FROM THE FACTORY. I find the larger lights are more prone to it.

MC408

Enlightened
Nice beamshots NL!

Thanks for the info on the condensation fellas. Hasn't happened to me but good info to know.

Thanks for nothing on the batteries Wim, your dragging me into confusion land with you! lol. Jk.

Fortunately the amazing jmayot threw in some protected cells for the tk61vn i got from him, so I don't need to shop for some. Great dude, and took care of me with a sweet package deal. Adding 4 VN classics to collection!

still Curious, why does the tk61vn use protected cells when all his other lights are recommended high drain unprotected?