• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

MC408

Enlightened
I saw that big yellow warning earlier on your page and wondered what triggered it. I see most posts and don't recall anything that stood out as inappropriate. :thinking:

Ok gentlemen, let's all be on our best behavior,

now to change topic, check out this new tower of power!!! :naughty:

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice light mike.. 4 x 26650 will give you plenty of runtime and turbo..

i am looking at manker e14 II.. this light basically use 18650, side switch, and usb rechargeable.. usb charging works on power boost, but not with the driver vn.. driver vn and sony vtc5a will make this light super bright. i am kind of interested in this light.

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
I saw that big yellow warning earlier on your page and wondered what triggered it. I see most posts and don't recall anything that stood out as inappropriate. :thinking:

wow, talk about a toilet plunger :huh:
man you could plunge your neighbors toilet with that bad boy !:D
cool looking, measure it some time, top to bottom, curious how long that thing really is;)

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast

But how do you use the cigar ring? You must have some of the world's biggest hands! :)

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am looking at manker e14 II.. this light basically use 18650, side switch, and usb rechargeable.. usb charging works on power boost, but not with the driver vn.. driver vn and sony vtc5a will make this light super bright. i am kind of interested in this light.

What's the bump with the vn treatment?

Budda and I both tested them and found around 2700 or 2800 lumens on Turbo with the xpg3s. I'm curious what that can be bumped to, but I'll also say that given the heat the light produces already, I would not consider this a light I'd want to overboost. Id be curious what vinh could do to manage the heat better, but if you go from 2700 for 1 min to 3400 for 20s, for example, is that a win?

Satansjester

Newly Enlightened

Budda and I both tested them and found around 2700 or 2800 lumens on Turbo with the xpg3s. I'm curious what that can be bumped to, but I'll also say that given the heat the light produces already, I would not consider this a light I'd want to overboost. Id be curious what vinh could do to manage the heat better, but if you go from 2700 for 1 min to 3400 for 20s, for example, is that a win?

I agree I'd rather have the 2700 lumen for a useable time rather than overheat at 20 sec.
id still consider vinhs mod just to replace the manker UI and QC.
then again we'd probably lose the usb charging, might be a tough choice...

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am not going to post any link.. one guy tested the manker e14 II with lg he2 and he got 3100 lumen @ turn on.

Quad led will make this light hot, but we are not going to use turbo for More than 2 minutes.. i think manker e14 II vn will sell for around $125. I will get it when he released it.. driver vn and 18650 will make this light more desireable.

stock version $65.
Vn version $125 ( guessing ).

EDness

Newly Enlightened
I am not going to post any link.. one guy tested the manker e14 II with lg he2 and he got 3100 lumen @ turn on.

Quad led will make this light hot, but we are not going to use turbo for More than 2 minutes.. i think manker e14 II vn will sell for around $125. I will get it when he released it.. driver vn and 18650 will make this light more desireable.

stock version $65.
Vn version $125 ( guessing ).

IMO the Astrolux S42/S42S is a better option. It's $25 and the 18650 tube is the same as the E14/S41 tube. VN version will probably lose USB charging which i think is the main attraction of the light. Both lights will be direct driven stock so improvement will only be the UI. S42 has the BLF A6 firmware as well.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you beat me to it EDness. I originally thought that this might be the rebadged Astrolux S42 until I remembered that Manker don't make it like they did with the S41/E14.

Let's see what Vinh can do with this one, but the Astrolux looks like killer value for the money. [emoji4]

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg, I have never had a Facebook account, but now it looks like I finally have a reason to. :)

I have had a few of the standard reasons.

Not so standard reason: I was one of the first people to quarantine the Koobface trojan and send it to an anti-virus laboratory to be analyzed.

And lots of other trojan malware. I was on the front firing lines right away with Zbot/Zeus detections and disinfections, and many others.

Facebook. Finally gotta sign up. :)

-------------
Ordered and coming soon: X45vn and TM06Svn .

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have fun guys using facebook.. i will not be signing facebook.

I'm with u NL - I rarely log on to FB.
I joined the group just to support but will probably just hang here for my flashlight fix.

CPF is an escape from normal life where FB is like a concentrated dose of it .... anyways blah blah blah :)

Hope to continue hanging with you guys in the future and thanks to CPF for giving us an alternative to the everyday!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway.. I am kind of disappointed with this website.. I ordered 10 Sony vtc5a on may 1, and 10 Sony vtc5a on may 10.. they shipped the order today for the may 10.. lol. It's funny.. I just send email for the may 1..

toads

Newly Enlightened
The manker e14 and astrolux s41 get way too hot to hold on turbo in about 10-15 seconds. I can't see how it could be possible to get their new versions to shine any brighter without getting the oven mitts out.

Quad LED in a tiny host = H O T