• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha I did the same thing a couple nights ago. Hope you enjoy the light and feel better soon!

ven

Flashaholic
After giving FB a bit of time (do check in daily), the layout is just horrid compared to a forum. Much prefer it here, just so much easier to navigate and read.

Hopefully it will get a little more busy as the darkness creeps in.

flashaholic1

Enlightened
After giving FB a bit of time (do check in daily), the layout is just horrid compared to a forum. Much prefer it here, just so much easier to navigate and read.

Hopefully it will get a little more busy as the darkness creeps in.

I agree, I'm guilty to that as I'm over there as well, but it's just too difficult to keep up with who posted what where/when as far as a timeline and organizational structure is concerned or lack thereof. It's much more streamline here, like you said it's just easier to read and navigate comments and sections here, more organization. But Facebook is easier to hop on see headline posts and updates. I sure do miss the lounge, Idk if it's just me, but I feel more disconnected from the gang since we went to Facebook. :thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
I think it's just a phase (could be wrong), I prefer here but now seems a habit to check in FB. You feel the same about preferring the layout here for ease of use.......how many more must feel the same. Hopefully people will come back here a bit more, but over the years it seems the norm for it to go a little quiet then busy for a bit.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I too prefer it here. Hitting 20,000 posts soon. I think it doesn't hurt to be at multiple places though. Its like a family here but FB is actually good for business. My sales as gone up considerably since I started posting on instagram and FB. :)

So lets just chill here and keep the other gates open. I make an effort to post at as many places as possible to keep everyone in the loop but it is very hard. Lights mods are more complicated by the days as we pushes boundaries farther and farther. Stock lights are now more complicated and harder to mod. I need way more time and money in development so its very hard to just chill around and and posts as much as I did before.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree... Any new release lights should post it on the CPF.. they are easy to find and look back. I am sure someone mention about that too.. I am on CPF, blf and face book..

ven

Flashaholic
Yes agree, Vinh, business you dont want all your eggs in one basket. Be cool if some from FB came here as well(maybe quite a few already do.............dont know).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have so many return customers that don't post on here or anywhere...Before when I first started most of my customers are from CPF so that is why almost all of them post here. Nowadays I get more customers that are not chit chat types. The ones that are on CPF also knows more about mods now so there are much less questions LOL I think....

flashaholic1

Enlightened
I was watching a review video of the X80 by Advanced Knife Bro, and he made a shout out to Vinh and his modded lights haha I thought that was pretty cool. Vinh is making it more and more mainstream and has become common a household name now in the flashlight world. Glad to hear business is doing well :) you definitely deserve it!! Truth be told, when I first got into flashlights, I first learned of Vinh when doing a google search on how to make a flashlight brighter, found this forum, and found people mentioning v54 light, so i'm like wth brand is that? I can't find it on amazon or ebay LOL.. Then I discovered it was Vinh and he was a modder here at CPF, and after reading people's feedbacks and constant praise, I took a chance of sending Vinh my flashlight not knowing if I would get it back, not only did I get it back, but I got it back and better than before! 3+ years now as someone who follows this thread closely and as a customer, and he still finds a way either his personality and character/skills to impress me! Wish you continued growth and success man!:thumbsup:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been fairly quiet too. I still try to read as much as I can, and I truly value the free education I receive. Hope you are feeling better Vinh. You work so hard, perhaps every time you start to have a small collection of extra lights in stock you should plan a "mental health day" vacation day, whatever you want to call it. Tell people you will post the lights for sale but will be unavailable for 24 hours. That way you still have income even if you take a day to relax...just a thought....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have been fairly quiet too. I still try to read as much as I can, and I truly value the free education I receive. Hope you are feeling better Vinh. You work so hard, perhaps every time you start to have a small collection of extra lights in stock you should plan a "mental health day" vacation day, whatever you want to call it. Tell people you will post the lights for sale but will be unavailable for 24 hours. That way you still have income even if you take a day to relax...just a thought....

When you work so much you kinda get used to it and its very boring when you are not working LOL. I can only stop working when I am far away from home.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I was watching a review video of the X80 by Advanced Knife Bro, and he made a shout out to Vinh and his modded lights haha I thought that was pretty cool. Vinh is making it more and more mainstream and has become common a household name now in the flashlight world. Glad to hear business is doing well :) you definitely deserve it!! Truth be told, when I first got into flashlights, I first learned of Vinh when doing a google search on how to make a flashlight brighter, found this forum, and found people mentioning v54 light, so i'm like wth brand is that? I can't find it on amazon or ebay LOL.. Then I discovered it was Vinh and he was a modder here at CPF, and after reading people's feedbacks and constant praise, I took a chance of sending Vinh my flashlight not knowing if I would get it back, not only did I get it back, but I got it back and better than before! 3+ years now as someone who follows this thread closely and as a customer, and he still finds a way either his personality and character/skills to impress me! Wish you continued growth and success man!:thumbsup:

And I really really appreciates your support :)