Thrunite is going to release a new lightsaber

klrman

Newly Enlightened
Just nit-picking here, but I don't like the diamond pattern on their lights. Looks like something on a ladies leather purse. Either way, looks like a good light.

It's a European carryall!!!

I ordered it and then canceled it the next day for the same reason. It reminds me of a cheap aftermarket car seat wrap from the 70's.

SKV89

Enlightened
I find these stats interesting for the Catapult V6 when compared to the Thrunite TH4A HI in the different capacities of the batteries and outputs:

• Output mode/Runtime
  • 26650/5000mAh battery vs: Four NIMH 2500MAH batteries
  • -Turbo (1700 lumen; 150 minutes) : Turbo (1050 lumens/56 minutes)
  • -High (950 lumen; 165 minutes) : High (520 lumens/150 minutes)
    -Medium (180 lumen; 9 hrs) :
    Medium (120 lumens/14 hrs)
    -Low (22 lumen; 62 hrs) : Low (14 lumens/93 hrs)
    -Firefly (0.5 lumen; 41 days) : Firefly (0.2 lumens/80 days).
    -Strobe (1200 lumen; 180 minutes):
    Strobe (1050 lumens/150 minutes)

For higher outputs the larger cell really performs, but for the lower outputs the inverse applies.

Anyway, it looks like a great light and I am sure that it will perform well and be have great build quality like their other products.

Wow great observation. Very interesting info!

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not available to buy in EU. FU Thrunite.

Damn. This is no good. Their Amazon.de store is empty as well. Some poop has happened. Just a moment ago I have written an e-mail to them to make the situation clear.

P.S.: Huh. Got a lightning speed response from Thrunite (it took 3 minutes to react in case someone claims that Thrunite is slow to respond):

Dear Thrunite,

To my great sorrow I have discovered that you do not offer EU buying option on your web page. Was that a permanent decision or may we hope for some improvement in this area?

Yours faithfully, Vadim.

=====

It is currently action. We will see in future

A perfect Chinese response, full of mystery :D Understand it as you wish ;)

Last edited:

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
I'm disappointed in Thrunite. This flashlight was supposed to ship out on 5/1/18 (from Thrunite website), now my order says expected ship date 6/15/18. Not cool. :(

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm disappointed in Thrunite. This flashlight was supposed to ship out on 5/1/18 (from Thrunite website), now my order says expected ship date 6/15/18. Not cool. :(

Yea. Same.. thrunute did ok with the tc20. Tc20 was on time or 1 week early.. i dont know what happened to the v6.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Was curious how this light would compare to my newest Vinh modified S200C2 light which I consider to be an "XL EDC" sized light as it relates to power, throw and size. Since the head on the S200C2 is so big I always thought having a 26650 size body (or parallel double 18650's) would work out good.
IF Thrunites numbers are on par with Vinh's sphere and measuring OTF then:

Category S200C2VN TN Cat V6
Head Diameter........1.85".............2.28"
Lumens..............1,450................1,700
Throw.................130K................140K

Since I'm doubting TN is measuring OTF, I'm betting the S200C2VN slightly beats it in performance and with a noticeable smaller size head.
The Vinh light uses a SST40 - I've yet to see it compared apples to apples with the XHP35 HI so I wonder which gives more throw for the same size head and lumens...

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite just got back to me on the shipping delay. Flashlights are shipping this week to anyone that ordered prior to 5/1. The next batch will be shipping out 6/15.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite just got back to me on the shipping delay. Flashlights are shipping this week to anyone that ordered prior to 5/1. The next batch will be shipping out 6/15.

I preordered my thrunite v6 on march, 25th.. no shipping notice yet.. i will update..

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened

Thrunite messaged me that it was shipping this week (last week), however that never happened. What's up with the delay? Very disappointed!

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it !!!! After checking my email every 10 minutes for the past couple days, thrunite finally shipped my catapult v6..