Thrunite is going to release a new lightsaber

mobilerd

Newly Enlightened
Mine is out for delivery.. i am going to test with different 26650 and see which 26650 will give the most lumen..

I have used several different 26650's in my Olights and Convoy And have not noticed any difference. I am really not a qualified tester. I got the V6 because I was so impressed with my Nitecore P30, another great small thrower. Been playing with the V6 and the firefly is awesome, most of my lights lack that.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used several different 26650's in my Olights and Convoy And have not noticed any difference. I am really not a qualified tester. I got the V6 because I was so impressed with my Nitecore P30, another great small thrower. Been playing with the V6 and the firefly is awesome, most of my lights lack that.

Yea you might be right.. xhp35 are push to 2.5 amp max.. i will give a try anyway.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my thrunite catapult v6 today. Thank you thrunite for the fast one day free shipping. This light is quite small. I tested the light with thrunite 26650, acebeam 26650, and shockli 26650. The lumen output were the same. So it's good to know. This light actually cost $60, and came with the free 26650. I think it's fair price. I got many thrunite lights and driver are very reliable. Thank for thrunite for the great deal.

Here is is a photo comparison
lumintop odf 30
thrunite tc20
thrunite catapult v6
Manker u21

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow NL, the Catapult is significantly smaller than the U21. Thanks for the comparison. How is the throw between the two lights? If I remember you have the U21VN w Oslon right?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow NL, the Catapult is significantly smaller than the U21. Thanks for the comparison. How is the throw between the two lights? If I remember you have the U21VN w Oslon right?

Thrunite catapult is very impressed small light.. it light up alot of lumen in the short distance.. however u21 olson is alot bigger light and reflector is alot deeper, and throw further..

You cant go wrong with both lights. if you like an extreme throw, then u21 olson is for you.

thrunite catapult $60
u21vn olson. $148 - $210.

tonkem

Enlightened
I have the Nitecore P30, how does the Thrunite compare to it?

Thanks for your response.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope my local store will bring in this model

You have a "local store" that sells flashlight brands other than Maglight, Duracell, Stanley or Coast? I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a store within 500 miles that carries lights that weigh less than 1-2 pounds, that are capable of over 150 lumens on several D cells, or a bunch of AA's. The closest thing to a store that sells anything better than sub-mediocre lights is REI or Cabellas. But they have only a few older Fenix lights of low output. There's a gun store that sells overpriced Surefire lights from 2-3 years ago, and similar Streamlights.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
U21 can take the heat from an xpl or sst40 continuously though. The smaller V6 host can't take the much hotter xhp 35 hi (assuming it's being driven at 12v hence its 2000 lumen output rating.) I'd give it only a couple minutes max.

Last edited:

domho8

Newly Enlightened
You have a "local store" that sells flashlight brands other than Maglight, Duracell, Stanley or Coast? I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a store within 500 miles that carries lights that weigh less than 1-2 pounds, that are capable of over 150 lumens on several D cells, or a bunch of AA's. The closest thing to a store that sells anything better than sub-mediocre lights is REI or Cabellas. But they have only a few older Fenix lights of low output. There's a gun store that sells overpriced Surefire lights from 2-3 years ago, and similar Streamlights.
Hi highlander. My local stall is this www.fstoplights.com they also do overseas courier. They carry a few brands like acebeam thrunite zebralight nitecore....
It's about 20mins drive from my home and if I take public transport it's about 40mins.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NW is now up for pre-order. I already have the CW. I'm not really into throwers much...but plan to gift it to a nephew come christmas. Thinking I might order the NW for myself...I do like having the option of reaching out a ways and these sure do that. It does get hot quick...not one you can walk around with on the turbo setting for long. But in real use I guess turbo is just to spot something at distance for a moment...then drop down. Personally I really like the general use...wide beam TC-20...but got to admit I'm liking the Catapult as well. The Catapult seems to impress other folks more than the TC-20, they seem to relate longer distance to being brighter, more powerful. The two light compliment each other well. And at the pre sale price...

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NW is now up for pre-order. I already have the CW. I'm not really into throwers much...but plan to gift it to a nephew come christmas. Thinking I might order the NW for myself...I do like having the option of reaching out a ways and these sure do that. It does get hot quick...not one you can walk around with on the turbo setting for long. But in real use I guess turbo is just to spot something at distance for a moment...then drop down. Personally I really like the general use...wide beam TC-20...but got to admit I'm liking the Catapult as well. The Catapult seems to impress other folks more than the TC-20, they seem to relate longer distance to being brighter, more powerful. The two light compliment each other well. And at the pre sale price...
Any idea on what their definition of NW is? 4500K? 5000K?

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea on what their definition of NW is? 4500K? 5000K?
Well, I can partially answer my own question. I received my "neutral white" TC20 yesterday. It's pretty cool. IMHO, it's at the very far end of what I'd consider "neutral". It's cooler than every other NW light I have. It's not as cool as a CW light, but it's not too far off. If it were any cooler I'd return it. The "neutral white" V6 Catapult I received yesterday is similarly cool.

I should point out that I haven't bought any CW lights in several years (because I don't like them), so I don't have anything recent in CW to compare it to.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm betting their nw is 5000k. A good nice, neutral cct. I got both a cw and nw coming in. When I get them I'l compare them to my 5600k 90 cri nichia, 4500k 80 cri 35 hi, and 4000k 90 cri 50.2 lights.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm betting their nw is 5000k. A good nice, neutral cct. I got both a cw and nw coming in. When I get them I'l compare them to my 5600k 90 cri nichia, 4500k 80 cri 35 hi, and 4000k 90 cri 50.2 lights.
My colorimeter says the HC20 is 4800K (x=.352, y=.368). It looks positively lovely compared to my ugly CW Sunwayman D40A that is a awful 7200K (x=.304, y=.312). During daylight hours now in the house it doesn't seem as cool as it did last night.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my cool white sample in today. It's kinda crazy how small this thing is. It can actually fit in my jeans' front pocket, though I wouldn't want to keep it in there.