Very difficult NOT to love AAA's these days.

netman

Newly Enlightened
I still love my LOD ce. The only twistie I own with a stiff enough action it never turns itself on in my pocket and a lot of light for a tiny thing. If I have my keys which is always I have my fenix. My Tiablo MA1 is just too easy to turn on; I may as well put a dead battery right in my pocket.

Last edited:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my Preon ReVO SS on my house keychain:
0f4cdd89.jpg

I carry a spare AAA cell in this brass capsule that I made for this purpose:
d8ed17b6.jpg

The cap is threaded onto the tail of the capsule in AA mode in the picture so that the same AAA battery can be used in the ThruNite T10 shown in the picture.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite EDC lights lately have been 2AAA penlights -- usually a Pelican 1920 or Streamlight C4 Stylus Pro. They fit most shirt pockets well and are easier to grip than 1AAA lights. When powered by Energizer lithium primary batteries, modern 2AAA penlights are bright enough and run long enough to serve as EDC lights.

I have several 1AAA lights and always carry one as a backup to my main flashlight. Backups include SS Peak Eiger, SS Peak 3-LED Matterhorn, Fenix SS LD01, Arc AAA, etc.

penlights5.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you're kinda missing the point of the thread...:laughing: It's about my appreciation of AAA lights, not alternatives.

Yeah, sorry.

I thought your post was more about the AAA form factor vs. say an AA or 123 and hence my comments.

Anyhow...

Those are nice lights and I'll search through the posts to figure out what they are and their details.

Thanks, Chris

starbork

Newly Enlightened
No love for the iTP A3 E0S Upgraded? This little guy is FAR and away the light I use most... because, as someone said, it's the one I always have with me :) 80 lumens on high, excellent runtimes on Eneloops (ran it on high for about 45 minutes straight when my car broke down - got hot, but never dimmed!). Only complaint is the tailcap protuberance for a split-ring connector is flimsy, and prevents tailstanding.

One little bonus, as someone else pointed out, is that you can keep it twisted off just to the point that a bit of thumb pressure on the nose will close the contact - effectively giving you a "temp switch" without having to do any twisting.

Anyhow, here's a vote for the iTP A3. Cheers, little buddy!

P.S. I think my first post here? Love the place, long time lurker. Sorry in advance for any breach of etiquette (or other general rookie mistakes :) )

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite EDC lights lately have been 2AAA penlights -- usually a Pelican 1920 or Streamlight C4 Stylus Pro. They fit most shirt pockets well and are easier to grip than 1AAA lights. When powered by Energizer lithium primary batteries, modern 2AAA penlights are bright enough and run long enough to serve as EDC lights.

I have several 1AAA lights and always carry one as a backup to my main flashlight. Backups include SS Peak Eiger, SS Peak 3-LED Matterhorn, Fenix SS LD01, Arc AAA, etc.

penlights5.jpg

I like that Pelican, tell me more please...

Yeah, sorry.

I thought your post was more about the AAA form factor vs. say an AA or 123 and hence my comments.

Anyhow...

Those are nice lights and I'll search through the posts to figure out what they are and their details.

Thanks, Chris

No need for sorry, all opinions are welcome. If you have any questions, ask here.

fabienne

Enlightened
Just realized that I have been quite fond of AAA form unknowingly.
- Peak Eiger
- Thrunite Ti
- Ti Arc AAA
- Preon 1 & 2
- Fenix E1

grazza

Newly Enlightened
Got my Spark SK7 this week. Its a nice amount of light and single mode. I wanted something a little brighter, and not so blue, as my E01.
The only down side is the tiny O ring did not last long. However a few winds of plumbers tape is an adequate replacement.

2619.jpg

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to carry AA lights as my edc, but lately went back to AAA for even more inconspicuous carrying and also largely due to new brands/models that give me UI and (smaller) sized lights that I want.

Taschenlampe Dude

Newly Enlightened
I currently have a Streamlight Microstream and a Maratac. I've been contemplating a Peak Eiger for some time but can't seem to make a decision on which style to get.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Here's my Preon ReVO SS on my house keychain:
0f4cdd89.jpg
The neutral SS Preon ReVo was a classic the moment it was released and very frustrating that one of the Quark superstars was almost immediately discontinued.
My favorite EDC lights lately have been 2AAA penlights -- usually a Pelican 1920 or Streamlight C4 Stylus Pro. They fit most shirt pockets well and are easier to grip than 1AAA lights.
penlights5.jpg
Surprisingly enough, although I didn't really care for the ergonomics of the Preon1, I love my Preon2.

Thanks for posting the Pelican 1920 - I think I need one!

Now what's the name of the one on the left?

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light with the rubber grip on the left is a Inova Bolt 3A. I like the ergonomic grip, but it is only 25 lumens and Inova (Nite-Ize) hasn't updated it as they have with their T and X series flashlights.

The Streamlight C4 Stylus Pro used to be my favorite penlight, but it now is a close second behind the new Pelican 1920. Both provide a forward clicky switch with momentary action.

There are a few reviews of the Pelican on CPF and on the web. The Pelican 1920 is a little brighter than the Stylus Pro, has a larger hotspot, and a thicker battery tube. The drawback is that the Pelican 1920's runtime is rated at 2 hours 45 minutes versus 6 hours 15 minutes for the Stylus Pro. I am still using the first set of Energizer Ultimate Lithium primary batteries in both lights, so runtimes haven't been a problem.

penlights5.jpg

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never really looked into the penlights, but that Pelican is really nice.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of them have found new and better homes :)

P1010568.jpg

I know where one of them lives now :devil:

I agree with the premise of this thread. The Liteflux LFTX2 HAS to be the best AAA around still - not that you can get one though.

And when you get one, one is not enough :whistle:

Got my Spark SK7 this week. Its a nice amount of light and single mode. I wanted something a little brighter, and not so blue, as my E01.
The only down side is the tiny O ring did not last long. However a few winds of plumbers tape is an adequate replacement.

2619.jpg

Nice looking light :thumbsup:

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if off topic, but a quick question: is that a SS tailcap for your T10 I see? And a pocket clip?? Is this a special edition I missed out on? :drool:

No, it's custom. I have a lathe and am not afraid to use it!

The neutral SS Preon ReVo was a classic the moment it was released and very frustrating that one of the Quark superstars was almost immediately discontinued.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the NW version and this one is a second run CW.