What did you use your flashlight for today?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I sure hope it's not a flea, Poppy. Those little cretins are annoyingly resilient to chemicals. That said, bleach is NOT one of their resistances, so if it was still on your used clothes then the washing did the trick.

If your dog is protected, check your roof. Sparrows are like Uber for fleas, and if there's a nest, your house may see more than one stray bloodsucker.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I sure hope it's not a flea, Poppy. Those little cretins are annoyingly resilient to chemicals. That said, bleach is NOT one of their resistances, so if it was still on your used clothes then the washing did the trick.

If your dog is protected, check your roof. Sparrows are like Uber for fleas, and if there's a nest, your house may see more than one stray bloodsucker.
Thanks Jean-Luc. When I was living in Georgia, my roommate had a cat that wasn't allowed outside. But it often sat by the screened in window. We got infested with fleas!

WE bombed the place with 7 powder, and later vacuumed it up, the whole place had wall to wall carpeting. I can't begin to imagine how unhealthy that was. It did the trick though.

iacchus

Enlightened
WE bombed the place with 7 powder, and later vacuumed it up, the whole place had wall to wall carpeting. I can't begin to imagine how unhealthy that was. It did the trick though.
Bifrenthin isn't that toxic, in comparison to the golden era insecticides. Those organochlorine mixes would really do a number on pests.
Could do quite a number on non-pests too though. It was a trade off.

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
3D Printed a duplicate mount for my D25L and glued it to my CERT helmet, came great!

Now I can just unclip it and use it with the OEM mount any time, so I've not "wasted" a headlamp

1713841614936.jpeg

1713841624315.jpeg

1713841631361.jpeg

1713841637434.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So, one of my co-workers has been screwing around with the Patrol vehicle at my 3rd shift job. (Namely taking it home off the property, and using it as a commuter vehicle on the weekends when their is no vehicle patrol.) One night, I know something is going to happen. She'll get pulled over, or get into an accident, and then I'll have to train someone else to do this job; again. But I can't be bothered to care anymore at that client's site nor the company I work for.

So, noticed something she had written down on a slip of paper. That the P. vehicle was parked up the block on the North side due to running out of gas. Knew that was B.S. but decided to check it out anyway. Just inside the Pedestrian gate on the North side, I see some drunk wearing clown pants. Literally, giant baggie pants with different colored square patches on them. He's just standing there, looking out towards the street.... where his buddies are parked, just looking back at him. None of them saying a word. But I can tell it's not some sort of angry confrontation between them.

Anyway, I walk behind him, approach the large Vehicle gate just next to the Pedestrian gate. Shine my Eagtac P200LR onto the lock, pretending I'm checking it. Slowly turn, and tell the drunk that unfortunately he's trespassing after hours. I then politely ask him to leave. Turns out he's a happy drunk whose willing to do so. As he walks away towards his friends, they wish me a Merry Christmas. (Yeah, it's April.)

I politely wish them a Merry Christmas. Head back to the desk where one of the few outside cameras that still work is pointed at that Pedestrian gate. Car is gone, and so is Mr. Clown Pants. Couldn't care less about the Patrol vehicle. Yeah, turns out her note at the desk was a lie. No clue whom she left it for.