What did you use your flashlight for today?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my Ren & Stimpy moment today ( you iidiioottt!!! :D). I decided, starting today, that I was going to clean and lube a random pair of flashlights over the next few days (Spring cleaning, if you will). Out comes the Malkoff EMS Md2 and Ra Twisty 100 hi-cri from my Maxpedition bag where I noticed the MD2 was a little dirty and a nice bath would do the trick to clean her right up. Down in the soapy water it went and after scrubbing the body for a minute or so my pinky finger made a startling discovery on the head....THERE IS NO FREAKING LENS!!!! After 10 seconds of yelling, similar to Gale in Raising Arizona after losing the baby, I jerked the light from the water and took it outside to dry. After 30min. the light came on and everyting was fine (didn't realize it was potted).

As of this moment I am sitting here cleaning the threads on the Twisty. And yes, I did check for the lens :D.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I had my Ren & Stimpy moment today ( you iidiioottt!!! :D). I decided, starting today, that I was going to clean and lube a random pair of flashlights over the next few days (Spring cleaning, if you will). Out comes the Malkoff EMS Md2 and Ra Twisty 100 hi-cri from my Maxpedition bag where I noticed the MD2 was a little dirty and a nice bath would do the trick to clean her right up. Down in the soapy water it went and after scrubbing the body for a minute or so my pinky finger made a startling discovery on the head....THERE IS NO FREAKING LENS!!!! After 10 seconds of yelling, similar to Gale in Raising Arizona after losing the baby, I jerked the light from the water and took it outside to dry. After 30min. the light came on and everyting was fine (didn't realize it was potted).

As of this moment I am sitting here cleaning the threads on the Twisty. And yes, I did check for the lens :D.

You didn't realize . . . or you forgot?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very well. No problems at all so far. :)

Bored as heck right now (on night shift babysitting the plant, alone) so I went outside the plant to *play* with some of the lights I have on me:

Ra Twisty 100 hi-cri
LF2xT
Mako flood

I guess I'll watch another movie (watched Children of Men earlier and it was pretty good) to pass the time.

Vesper

Enlightened
Sat in the Walmart tire center waiting for a hole to be patched. Turned my E01 on and off a few times. Looked at the ceiling a bit. Good times. Good times.

Samy

Enlightened
I used my Sunwayman V10A to light up my daughter's scorpion tank:

Scorpion01.jpg

cheers

Richub

Enlightened
I was fixing the PC of my friend's dad, and that house has a big cellar without any decent lighting in there.

As I told him I had a flashlight hobby, my friend's dad immediately asked if I had any lights with me. Yes Sir: My Fenix TK15. PD31 and E05. ;)
So while I was fixing that PC, my friend and his dad finally were able to get a decent lighting in that cellar using my TK15 and PD31.

They were already planning to do so for quite some time, but neither of them had a decent walklight or flashlight, so they kept postponing it. Now they finally have decent lighting in there. :)

Waterman123

Newly Enlightened
I use my daily, or should I say nightly when I 'walk around' the aircraft before and after our flights.

b1a0af17.jpg

a6373dd7.jpg

343c49bf.jpg

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my TN11 to get a teenage girl to stop videotaping a private property with a cellphone camera without authorization.

She standing a few meters away from me when I told her to stop, but either she didn't hear or was ignoring me. I waited until she and her camera was facing towards me and blasted her and her camera with my TN11.

The scream and pained expression on her face as she turned away was... Priceless.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Surefire Minimus to replace the PRAM battery in my computer.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my Dorcy 2AA LED light w/ fish-eye optic to check inside a loaf of bread. I was making sandwiches and found a long, wide, hole inside the loaf. (Hate that. Makes it nearly useless for making small sandwiches.) Anyway, hole went on longer than expected. Used the light to check to see how long it went on. Sure is great spending money to buy an air-bubble with a thin crust around it. :rolleyes:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Multimode P7 Maglite - Used (last night) to illuminate bathroom (in candle mode) as the light socket had become old, fragile and had eventually broken.

Last edited:

T45

Enlightened
Used my Quark MiniX to help out the appliance repair guy that came to fix my fridge. He did have an old Maglite Mini Mag on his belt, but didn't bother to pull it out with all the XM-L photons my MiniX was producing :naughty:

ledmitter

Enlightened
Just got done jumping out the 2nd floor window with a hefty cinch sak parachute. I skinned my knee.

USSOCOM command night parachute training with my XT-11 clipped to my sling.

Just floated down onto the lawn holding the cinch sak strings.

Neighbors feral cat chased me down and I had to abort the landing.

Yes I was wearing my pillow helmet.

Yes it saved my life.

Will solo jump again right after I finish owning this peanut buster parfait.

Richub

Enlightened
I went to visit a friend yesterday, and we went for an evening walk with his dog.

Suddenly he asked me if I had a flashlight on me. Yes, ofcourse. ;)
There were a few bunkers from the second world war nearby he wanted to explore.

So we visited those bunkers, and my Fenix TK15 and PD31 did a nice job lighting our way in there. :)