What did you use your flashlight for today?

Bedlam

Newly Enlightened
D25a Ti to mess around with when my girlfriend and her friend dragged me department store shopping, and then to light up the hotel elevator so we could see the buttons.

mellowhead

Enlightened
Yesterday I used my Sunwayman V10R and a soccer ball to give my 3 year old daughter a bedtime lesson on how the moon phases work, and where "the rest of the moon is" when part of it is dark. What a fun science experiment!

UnderPar

Enlightened
Used my Olight O'Pen to light the path going to the area where I parked my car. Don't know what happened to the street light coz its not lighted.

ven

Flashaholic
Well been edc-ing my roche f8 in work for a few days now,so used a bit so far,today inspecting hymo lift hydraulic leaks . It is a nicely made ,solid light for the money and surprised by a few comments " as that got strobe,wow" ...........dont know why :laughing: " thats nicely made how much was that?" and comments on brightness too(i need to take a vn light in work again :laughing: )

Classic last night,the misses said " my key light is rubbish,when am i getting a nitecore thingie" meaning tube!. I said why,whats up with your light (i3eos),good little light...........I asked her to show me and basically she has just twisted it once which the light starts in low mode. Now i did of course show her a while back how to work it,simple 3 mode twisty,low/med/high etc............ But forgot,so when i twisted it again it was quite a bit brighter,admittedly the high was not much different though. Swapped the cell for a fresh AAA and she was amazed as she has jumped from 2lm to around 70lm :laughing: . She said she had been struggling for a few month now at night locking up studio,trying to locate key hole etc with it being so dim..........

:shrug:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Classic last night,the misses said " my key light is rubbish,when am i getting a nitecore thingie" meaning tube!. I said why,whats up with your light (i3eos),good little light...........I asked her to show me and basically she has just twisted it once which the light starts in low mode. Now i did of course show her a while back how to work it,simple 3 mode twisty,low/med/high etc............ But forgot,so when i twisted it again it was quite a bit brighter,admittedly the high was not much different though. Swapped the cell for a fresh AAA and she was amazed as she has jumped from 2lm to around 70lm :laughing: . She said she had been struggling for a few month now at night locking up studio,trying to locate key hole etc with it being so dim..........

:shrug:

Hero for a day! :thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
:ironic: ironically i used my Hobi to "try" and find a small split ring that decided to depart it whilst attempted fitting...............It went with a ping and across the room somewhere,never to be found aga..........tonight anyway :laughing:

So found a slightly bigger split ring and smaller clasp

LedTed

Enlightened
This might be a first,

Long story short, I had to use my NiteCore SRT7 as a heater to thaw the frozen windscreen fluid in my car. Then I used the flashlight as an actual light; to help me add a little bit of IPA to my watered down windscreen fluid - so it wouldn't refreeze.

iShaman

Newly Enlightened
Velcroed my Surefire EB2 to my new pellet gun last night and popped a couple of tree rats out of my guava tree. I just found out why the bait stations I set for them haven't been working. Seems the rats in San Diego County have joined MENSA and have learned that eating vitamin K rich avocados serves as a antidote to strychnine-based poisons so I've essentially been helping to breed super-rats here. I figured I needed to get them out of the food chain stat. My neighbors must think I'm mental skulking around in the middle of the night with an air rifle and a tactical light looking like a survivalist. I don't care. I hate these damn tree rats with a passion.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I used my UST Moonforce keychain light to search my car for flashlight and batteries, so I could bring everything in the house to make sure it's all working and that the batteries were fresh (they are now).

By the way, that Moonforce was only $6 for a tiny 20-lumen (supposedly) light that I barely notice on my keychain. I bring a better light when I expect to need one, but that little thing has helped me out twice and I've only had it a week.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used my PD35 on high to charge up some GITD material in a store to check the brightness of the afterglow. The salesman seemed impressed by the output of the light.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Velcroed my Surefire EB2 to my new pellet gun last night and popped a couple of tree rats out of my guava tree. I just found out why the bait stations I set for them haven't been working. Seems the rats in San Diego County have joined MENSA and have learned that eating vitamin K rich avocados serves as a antidote to strychnine-based poisons so I've essentially been helping to breed super-rats here. I figured I needed to get them out of the food chain stat. My neighbors must think I'm mental skulking around in the middle of the night with an air rifle and a tactical light looking like a survivalist. I don't care. I hate these damn tree rats with a passion.

This is awesome

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went on another sunset hike today with a few friends in the snow. The high was 21 F so we brought some warm cider along as well as plenty of lights for the hike back. Used the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm and the Fenix TK45 as our main navigation lights. The Fenix PD35vn triple XPL was used a bit, the Fenix LD01 was my last-ditch backup (unused), and the Fenix TK75vnkt was my stunner light for showing off and for fun. One guy brought along his Fenix E21 as well but didn't bother using it. Basically we all had a good time hiking and playing with my lights and went out to eat afterward. It was a really fun day.

cappa

Newly Enlightened
I use my Wizard pro warm for return at home in the dark woods after see sunset at 1800mt

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
Used my Fenix LD60 to look down the tube of my Peak Eiger to see if I could figure out a battery rattle. Forgot the UI and blasted it on turbo. Little overkill. I'm an idiot.

lightknoob

Newly Enlightened
niteye msa10

today mostly played with the light flashing at the walls and what not but i did use it in the evening to take the dog out for a quick walk.

Latest posts