What did you use your flashlight for today?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Same boat! My kids go out for walks or go uptown and they absolutely refuse to take a flashlight. Got one on my phone is all they say. This generation is in big trouble.

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Struggled to diagnose a warning light in my car. The "parking brake engaged" light would come on intermittently when pulling away hard.

Having excluded a faulty switch, I thought I'd first check the state of the brakes. As the parking brake works on the rear brakes I started there. I detest drum brakes, and still do after having opened them up, but seemed they were still good. For good measure I checked the front, and they still had about 50% left.

After much headscratching, I decided to check the brake fluid level (I should maybe have started here). A great way to check fluid levels in these semi-opaque containers is to put your light on a high output (used my S1 on 500 lumens), and hold the lens against the container. Lights up the whole thing and the fluid level is very clear.

Turns out the fluid level was marginal, so when you'd pull off, it would wash to the rear, activating the sensor as "level too low", and then wash forward again as the acceleration eases off, restoring the switch and the light on the dash turns off.

Slight topup and the light now remains off.

Barrington

Newly Enlightened
It is 11:24 pm. I'm sitting in my garden because it is too hot to sleep in the bedroom. (This is England - heatwave- no ac.) I have brought a couple of torches with me. (Well you would wouldn't you.) I used my brand new Olight S1R II to see my way without tripping or stubbing my toe. What a fantastic little light this is! 1,000 lumens from such a tiny torch! Really impressive and thus my new edc. I am now using my Thrunite TC15 to watch the bats hoovering all the insect life on the wing above my garden. Well not ALL! There's still a LOT left! As a matter of interest why are moths nocturnal when they clearly can't see where they're going in the dark?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Past several days using my Lumintop IYP 365, along with my Olight M1T Raider or Fenix PD35 Tac. model to navigate my way into the building where I work my Graveyard shift job. Nothing wrong at all with the front of the building. But management in its infinite wisdom has decided to spend a couple of hundreds of thousands of dollars tearing up the front of it, pouring new cement and concrete to.... make it look exactly the way it did before! Did I mention there was literally nothing wrong with it, before.

Meanwhile, half the security cameras haven't worked in years. We're talking nearly a full decade for most of the ones that are down. And the North entrance doors into the building don't lock properly. One co-worker awhile back had to throw out a drunken trespasser who thought the place was an apartment complex where his buddy lives. Another one had to toss out a homeless man who decided the West wing ladies room was the ideal place to sleep for a few hours.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Used a Fenix E01 for fill light for this photo.

BDFA74D1-B21E-407E-9E88-4D718AD7B8C5.jpg

Wanted to highlight the sweat on the bottle and brand on the vape stick.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used Nebo headlamps strategically Around my boat to light it up. Spot light on the grill to cook by. Another pair on flood mode, until real dark then I switch them over to red.
And Nitey erc26. Great light for the boat. 18650 and usb rechargeable!

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Had a BBQ with fellow ex-pats in the park. Quite a nice turnout, and we had a good time meeting new people and hearing their stories.

Packing up in the dark, only one other person had a light. I'm sure some of the kids are missing a few toys today!

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I used a Rothrandir 2x18350 E-series "split-body", with an FM 1.5 base bulb reflector (holding a TL-3), attached to a LightMiser tailcap, to do some late night barbeque. Switched down to 50%, it was perfect for both the amount of light, and tint, for monitoring the meat.

Sos24

Enlightened
My car didn't want to start and so I used my light to check out under the hood. Discovered that the positive battery terminal for some reason was loose and not properly fasted down on the terminal post.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was using my PD35 today to inspect some communications wiring. While I had the flashlight sitting on a desk, a maintenance guy walked in, looked at the desk and said "Hey, is that a Fenix PD-35? I have two of them!"

You could'a knocked me over with a feather.

Karbon22

Newly Enlightened
Under the seat in my truck, trying to figure out why the massage feature is all wonky in my F150 Platinum??? Lost connection to seat control mod G!!!

BluGrass

Newly Enlightened
Had to use my Malkoff MD2 up in the attic to see where the drip was coming from upstairs. Water heater drip pan in the attic is shot. Awesome to come home to after 12 hour day lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk