What did you use your flashlight for today?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
My usual daily trip to the oil room of our plant which today I was checking out the beam of a M61 in a MD2 host.:) A pretty boring day at work.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dunno about this, it may be the first mention for this use...

Headlight for vacuum cleaner!

Got tired of not seeing all the debris on floor and the headlight on powerhead makes a M@G solitare look bright. SO.... I strapped my UF R5 to the handle and VOILA! Nice & bright, got all the dust & dog hair in one pass, saved me time, effort and looked funky.... maybe there's a market for this sort of thing?

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not today, but this past weekend I went on an after dinner walk with my girlfriend at night. We went to the usual high school running track to burn off dinner. This was the first time that I got to use my new Fenix TK45 in a large open space, so I brought it along.

It lit up the track beautifully with its extremely wide beam pattern. It turned night into day and made my girlfriend feel safe even though it was pretty late at night to be walking around. It definitely does not throw as far as my Fenix TK40, but that's to be expected.

I've done night walks with both the TK40 and the TK45 and I honestly can't say which light that I like better at this point. They both are really good lights built for different purposes.

strinq

Enlightened
Went swimming the other day.
Tossed my Eagletac T100C2 into the water, dived with it to about 1.5metres for about half an hour.
Turned in on and off. No problems so far. :)

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I used an E2e with LF EO-E2R lamp for cleaning up a juice spill in the kitchen in the small hours this morning.

I was watching Clint Eastwood's film Invictus and decided I needed a drink. I happened to have the E2e in my shorts pocket and didn't bother to switch the kitchen lights on. Putting a couple of measures of cachaça (a Brazillian spirit) and crushed ice into a glass, I opened up a new Tetra Pack carton of orange, mango and guava juice to pour in. The pack had a plastic spout in the top. Unknown to me, when I twisted the sealed cap to open in, the spout pulled out of the carton slightly to create a gap. When I poured, the thick juice not only came out of the spout, but down the carton and off the corners too. I didn't notice until I shifted position and it went on my feet. Much cursing ensued and juice sploshed around as I quickly made for the sink. :hairpull: Although I then put the ceiling lights on, it was very difficult to see all the juice without using the E2e at an acute angle to the floor. It was all over the place and had to be washed thoroughly for fear of ants. Who knew juice had such aerodynamic properties?

By the way, the film was good. (And so was the drink!)

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mouth held a Streamlight Microstream yesterday while replacing a couple parts on the bimmer.

The Microstream is an excellent light for this kind of task. Very lightweight for doing the mouth hold, and bright enough to use under the hood during the daytime.

redbike

Newly Enlightened
I use my Ra Clicky every night after the others have gone to bed. I'm a nightowl and stay up at least 2 hours after my wife and son have retired. I like to prowl around with the light on its lowest setting so I don't wake them up.

Today at work, though, I used all the power the G5 Maelstrom possesses to locate and then dig a cat out of a wall where it had hidden. Brilliant!

JonN06

Newly Enlightened
My cat was making a ridiculous amount of noise around 1 or so this morning. :tired: So I lit her up to see what she was doing. I still don't know what she was doing. Oh well...

ToNIX

Enlightened
Went bouldering (climbing) at dusk/night in the woods.

Used my Malkoff MD2, Fenix TK11 and 4Sevens Quark to illuminate the boulders in different angles to minimize the shadows. It was amazing! I'll post some pics tomorrow :D

First boulder. Fenix TK11 on the bottom, Malkoff MD2 on the right.
99jPDh.jpg

Fenix TK11 on the left, Malkoff MD2 on the right (which is actually on the first boulder)
IwCqhh.jpg

And now, let's break the magic on the first pic haha.
8IS7qh.jpg

Last edited:

stallion2

Enlightened
technically this was last night. i made my friend a "firecracker" w/ 2oz of black powder (i never would have taught myself how to do this if cherry bombs and silver sleuths hadn't been outlawed before i was old enough to enjoy them). he was acting timid and didn't want to set it off on ground level but rather in a small hole about a foot deep. i gave up trying to rationalize w/ him and stood their w/ my light shining on the hole so he could see where to drop it once it was lit. it was still pretty loud but could've been much louder.

*Dusty*

Enlightened
Last night I was negotiating a graveyard of all things.

Not really spooky or anything. My good friend's son is buried there, I sometimes go up to remind myself that life's not as bad as it sometimes seems and others are often far worse off.

sigh

Newly Enlightened
Moving the kids late last night.

Used moon mode on my NW Quark, which to be honest, was still too bright. For my next light I will look for an even lower low...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Clearwater P7 to fix a cracked U pipe under the sink... I didn't find any diamond rings in there unfortunately. Of course like a complete idiot I turned the faucet ON with all the plumbing removed. Accidentally water-tested the light... and the bathroom floor:ohgeez:. I can definitely say its water-splash resistant.

I like this light. It measured a little over 300L, but it only draws ~1.55A from an 18650. So it runs cool. I just tail stand it under the sink, leaving it on for most of the afternoon worry free.

dscn5872k.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got confused for a second there. And then realized you meant Solarforce, instead of SureFire.

Yeah, it's definitely sharp enough. Recently replaced the bezel ring on my Solarforce L2 host with a slightly scalloped, stainless steel, ring. Gives it a classy look.

Buckles

Newly Enlightened
Got confused for a second there. And then realized you meant Solarforce, instead of SureFire.

Yeah, it's definitely sharp enough. Recently replaced the bezel ring on my Solarforce L2 host with a slightly scalloped, stainless steel, ring. Gives it a classy look.
ive got one of the smooth SS bezels on the way for it. it is way to sharp lol

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not today, but last night I went to the Rush "Time Machine" concert at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA. (GREAT SHOW - fantastic set list!) After the show, I used one of the porta-potties at the back of the lawn seating section. In order to see in that dark thing, I clicked on my Fenix LD20 and put it in my shirt pocket. The bounce off of the white ceiling provided enough diffused lighting to see in there.

After I got back to my truck in the parking lot, I used my new modified 2 D Maglite with a Terralux TLE-300M-EX drop-in to check under the tires to look for bottles.

Bierkameel

Newly Enlightened
Found a toad in the garden and some time later it was gone, used my RA Clicky to find it again and it was hiding under some bricks.