What did you use your flashlight for today?

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
I LOVE this idea! I might try that during my next dentist visit.

yeah, i might work for regular dental visits. just happen that my E2L on on my belt holster so the idea just crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I would do that, as I doubt my dentist would appreciate being hit by 500 lm from 2 feet, especially when he's wearing magnifying lenses to assist his vision. In fact, I reckon

strobe = mad dentist = bad idea
blinded dentist = pain x 10 when his drill slips and makes a new hole in the wrong tooth :green:

LOL

huh, the E2L single stage Cree is only 45 lm, its the version with the constant 9hr runtime.

the dentist is looking at my teeth (or mouth) at that time & the light was at my chest level. it wasn't a blast of lumens directly into the eyes. the light above on the dentist's chair was also switched on, so i guess 45 lm isn't that blinding. :cool:

OCD

Enlightened
Well I didn't get to use it, but.....

While going through the metal detector at the local court house, put my keys, Maratac AAA and HDS 200 in the little basket. After walking through the metal detector, I turned around just in time to see the officer turn the business end of the HDS up towards him and turn it on!:ohgeez: His response was "wow that's bright!" All I could chuckle to myself. Good thing for him preset A is only 45 lumens, not the full 200!

2many

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman v10r ti to track down a gas line in a crawl space.

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
I'm a medical student and use my Preon 2 Black Edition every day in the hospital

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Standing behind a fellow working on some telecom wiring in a dimly lit area. I pulled out my P3D, set it to high and turned it on, aiming over his shoulder at the wiring. I got a "Wow - thank you!"

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
A workmate was repairing a printer, and came the usual call - "Hey you got your torch on you?"

Then later last night took my High CRI modded Ti Quark AA on a nighttime geocaching run. Let me tell you, the High CRI emitter makes every bit of difference when hunting tupperware in the bush!

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
bought some pvc tubing from a resale store, drilled some holes every few inches, connected them together for a very cheap gerbil playland. Used my Rotary and my Haiku to shine in the drilled holes to spot where the little rodents (i mean pets) are. The girls LOVE it. I'm assuming the gerbils do too . . .

Xacto

Enlightened
Used my Surefire L1 the other night to extradite a grasshopper from the bathroom and later to shove a spider of the window frame and out of the window. I never squashed an insect intentionally in my life and it was too late fire up the vacuum cleaner.

Cheers
Thorsten

Last edited:

newless

Newly Enlightened
I was fishing last night and heard two barred owls screaming up a storm at each other. If you've never heard one they are loud and scary at night in the woods.
I seen the two to my left land in a tree. I used my Fenix Tk21 to light the tree up from a distance and they both took off. Probably blinded for the rest of the night.
That's the first time I've used the TK21 away from city lights and with no moon out. I was floored by the output. The big wide beam is awesome to get around in the woods at night.

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
I was at my job, doing an event at a hotel. I loaded some stuff in a large closet, and there was plenty of light. Then late at night we had to get the stuff out. I couldn't find a light switch on the wall, but I did have a swiss tech keychain flashlight on me. It got the job done, but I was really wishing my Martac AAA that I ordered last week had arrived.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I took my daughter to see the new Harry Potter movie. Used my quark on moonlight mode to check my watch.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Thrunite Neutron 1C to track down a missing ghost crab in my aquarium and also to disorient a gnarly suckerfish that was trying to drown my turtle.

Shao

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built new HD battery cables on my car. I crimped the lugs and installed military style battery terminals. + and -.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Last night I dreamed I won a Leaterman Wave and a Leatherman 2AA flashlight in some contest. Just looked that up and there actually IS a light like that, the Monarch 500.
The Wave was black anodized and looking way better than the one I own.

Also used my Sunwayman V10R aluminum to check the alarm clock display if dreaming doesn't count.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got into work today, say my hello's, sit down and look at the docking station on my desk.... the docking station for my laptop that I left at home. DOH! I asked around and fortunately there's an extra PC in another cube. I haul it over and set it up on my desk for today, fish a spare powercord out of my desk drawer and slide it down the cord hole into the darkness under my desk. Get down on my hands and knees, Surefire L1 in my mouth, and find the cord and plug it in.

Geez, I didn't even get to 9am today without my light!