What did you use your flashlight for today?

Richub

Enlightened
I was BBQing tonight at a friends place, and had my TK15 with me. After dark I was scanning his big garden for bats and hedgehogs with it. Found quite a few, including a big rat. :)

My friend picked up his old & trusted incan Maglite 2D and joined me. His conclusion after a few seconds: "I definitively need a better flashlight." :devil:
So I showed him a few on the internet, and he ordered a Fenix LD40. ;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Handful of nights ago, I turned onto a busy side-street, hoping to clean off a bit of bird poop that had fallen on my baby. Turns out the busy side-street was nearly dark as Hell. Pulled out my Maratac AA polished stainless steel model, switched on medium mode, and was able to properly see. Got out the automotive glass cleaner, and the car polish spray, along with several soft paper towels. Done in no time. Couldn't see $#!% otherwise. (And I mean that literally.)

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
I played "scare the chidren" last night with my Ti PD-S. . . only it didn't scare them. "Silly Mommy" was their direct quote. But they wanted to learn how to do it too . . . . so, NOT SO SILLY! I shone the light into the mirror which reflected back and up to the glass covers on the ceiling fan. That then cast a shadow onto the ceiling. To me, the shadows looked like the creatures from ALIEN the movie. I thought it was creepy. The girls thought the shadown looked like Marge Simposn and one of the Smurfs. . . NOT SCARY. But it was fun. We then told Alien stories under the covers with an occasional blip from the PD so the youngest didn't get too scared! I think she was more scared of the cat who was on top of the covers. He was playing "under the covers MONSTER". He likes that game. . . "Silly Cat".

yio110

Newly Enlightened
I used my streamlight PT1L flashlight for my daily inspection and walk around the aircraft. Its a great EDC light that i can hang on my id around my neck. a must buy :laughing:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night my wife and I were working on a project outside, refurbishing some old windows to use for various decor, and as it got dark, we set up a few Xeno E03's to light our workspace.

Acid87

Enlightened
I used all my lights to hold a vigil for my lost and beloved Surefire E1L great light gone too soon.....

Lost it up in Aviemore in Scotland if anyone finds it please return the wee man safely.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
I used my eiger to get some Blue Bell ice cream out of the deep freezer earlier. Yes it was really good if you're wondering.

Sent from Colby's Samsung Infuse 4G

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Went for a night run, took the dog and my Fenix LD 10 as wells my HDS Tactical 170. Attached the Fenix to my cap to light up the road. Used the HDS to illuminate myself as cars approached me. Most cars seem to respond well as they tend to move towards the center of the road and away from me.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Stainless steel Maratac AA model on high to check the roof of my car for dry moisture spots that needed cleaning. Had to shine the light from the side to see the spots.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I notice a lot of late night car polishing and cleaning from you 'Crom. ;)

My baby takes care of me. I take care of her. You won't find a thick layer of dust on the outside, nor any bird poop either. There's a technique for removing $#!% without scratching up the finish. I know hate is a strong word, but I honestly hate birds. Filthy, disgusting creatures who mindlessly eat and poop; and sometimes crash into planes.

nbp

Flashaholic
Remind me to tell you about the incident I had with my baby and some turkeys not so long ago. Turkeys are now on my blacklist.
:rant:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Remind me to tell you about the incident I had with my baby and some turkeys not so long ago. Turkeys are now on my blacklist.
:rant:

Oh . . . I have a writer's imagination. So what's in my head is likely 100 times worse than what took place.

Used my Maratac AA model not too long ago to check for damage at night to my passenger's side mirror. Let's just say that Bayside has a ton of narrow side-streets that should be immediately converted to one-way streets. Alternating block to block. Naturally the other guy's driver's side mirror was perfectly fine. Our mirror's barely touched. Thankfully it was the type of damage that could easily be fixed with a small bottle of Touch-Up paint. Ironically, I had a bottle from the Mazda dealership. They swore it was a perfect match. Doing a quick comparison, it definitely was a shade too dark. This time I went to Wal-Mart, found the lightest shade of silver they had. (Made for Ford vehicles BTW.) Turned out to be the perfect shade. Fixed it myself. Good as new.