What did you use your flashlight for today?

scout24

Flashaholic
Used my Haiku high-cri as an under car droplight while cutting exhaust off my Son's Scion XB with my oxy-acetelyne torch in my driveway... :devil: Proper color rendition is important when cutting metal with fire... gotta see where the slag splashes, and find the hangers to drop pipe and muffler. It'll get used again tomorrow to re-hang new parts.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Stumbled onto a park by accident today when I had no place special to be. Decided to check it out. One of the crappiest parks I've ever seen. From the perimeter, it looks simply like a wooded, overgrown, undeveloped, area. Even the park's entrances are either hidden on side streets or overgrown when on a main street. Alley Pond park is rather huge though. Hidden jogging trail. Even an "adventure course." (Yup, that's what the signs say.) Decided to check out the course. It's basically the easiest hiking trail you will ever encounter. Started thinking that it would make an ideal place for any homeless folks to crash. (Most likely why all the entrances are either on side roads or allowed to be overgrown.)

I found the park late in the day. I did manage to get back out before it got dark. Later on though, I had to reach my car, and it did get very dark. Pulled out my Milky-modded, Seoul P4, KL1 head on a black E2E body with E2D tailcap. (All black.) Ended up using it to walk up the sidewalk safely.

Learjet

Enlightened
Was walking up the stairs tonight and about half way up was this 5 foot long snake. The XM-L lit him up quite nicely. I did have the outside house light on, but it just didn't seem to show it very well against the stairs.

dameks

Newly Enlightened
Used my Haiku to light my bike ride home last night after forgetting my bike light. Glad I had a little lanyard to keep it secure in my hand.

geomun

Newly Enlightened
last night used my d25a to check connections behind the TV at a friends house. And then this morning used it to leave the bedroom with waking the wives or the girlfriend. A little too bright on low, but my fingertip does a nice job of blocking some of the light. Edc came in handy as always!

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
last night used my d25a to check connections behind the TV at a friends house. And then this morning used it to leave the bedroom with waking the wives or the girlfriend. A little too bright on low, but my fingertip does a nice job of blocking some of the light. Edc came in handy as always!

How many wives and girlfriends do you have? Lol

Just used a Surefire M6 to check the front garden as my wife and I heard a noise.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I was out last night enjoying the changing weather in south Florida (finally!) and was walking through a park area with my 4sevens G5. I got approached by three punks who were "poorly intentioned". I hit them with the strobe full blast, backed up and racked my Glock. They ran like hell. Evidently really bright strobes are very effective in combination with the appropriate sound effects.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
we got a lot of firewood delivered today and stacked a part in the cellar.
It was not until we were nearly done that we noticed a small part of the wood was rotten, and we wouldn't have been able to discern the bad pieces without a proper flashlight, since the stack is in a poorly lit corner.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
On the theory "Go big or go home", used the TK 70 this morning to try to figure out where the fruit flies are coming from. Only a little disappointed that the beam does not cause them to catch fire and fall smoking to the kitchen floor.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my H51W to work on a mod project.
BoxCutterMod.jpg

ValeTudoGuy

Newly Enlightened
Flashlight: ITP A1 EOS
Used For: Looking for a leaking pipe while crawling through a tiny floor space with no other lighting.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lowes 2C Task Force light came in handy last night in checking on an elderly loved one.

Coop57

Enlightened
I picked my brother and his wife up from the airport tonight. When we arrived at their house needless to say it was totally dark and of course he never has any of the flashlights that I have given him. I walked them up the front steps using my Quark 123 to light the way.

yowzer

Enlightened
Helped staff a SAR training event this weekend. Lots of flashlight use, not all gratuitous, walking around at night on trails, campsites, and in cabins (We do it at a Boy Scout camp. Trainees have to make their own shelters; staff... well... RHIP. :) ) because I'm strange and would rather use a flashlight than flip a light switch. Massive, definitely gratuitous overkill in lights brought and used: Zebralight SC60w, Crelant 7G2-N, Thrunite Catapult v3 NW, Surefire AZ2... didn't even need to break out one of the headlamps I had in my pack. Everybody else thinks I'm strange.