What did you use your flashlight for today?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I was looking for something in a bag in my back seat, and the dome light wasn't cutting it. Used my A2's white LED's to find what I needed.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I was looking for something in a bag in my back seat, and the dome light wasn't cutting it. Used my A2's white LED's to find what I needed.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beside using my Ra clicky 200cn for inspecting a 16.6kv breaker I took the time after lunch to clean the threads & relube. Tonite I'll be using either the Nautilus or LF2xt.

jmwking

Newly Enlightened
I went "tactical" with my ZL sc31 to slow my son and his friend who were "attacking" me with toy rifles. :)

-jk

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A quick look with my P2D in a building where my Dad will be working several hours Thurs-Sat and there wasn't enough light to see what I wished to see.

I will do a bit of reading with Zebra before sleep, and a nightly bathroom run with ConneXion will almost certainly happen!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
. . . So the Gavina came through in all her beauty. It was a very quiet ride home . . . I think the little two could smell the tension and fear that the adults , and even their sister, had when we couldn't find them. . .
The little darlings are still sleeping. We will be having a long talk this afternoon though . . . right before we rake a huge pile of leaves and play a diving game or two. I'm sure a light will be involved. Stay tuned to the PICS thread for a snapshot or three!

Good to hear that everything ended happily.

Looks like a couple of kids are going to be stuck with extra chores for the next few years.

Illum

Flashaholic
Well, kind of silly but bear with me.

The last of the globe lights in the bathroom burnt out three weeks ago, but I didn't bother replacing them. my LED nightlight was originally a 5mm, driven hard blue that eventually dimmed, so I took a piece of scrap angle iron and for kicks soldered a generic 1W LED to the 5mm's legs, then cutting the 5mm off. It worked, and its about 3 times brighter. It has thus far ran for at least 2 years without any output degration, or any sign of thermal overload. The nightlight lights the bathroom just fine, until one day I decided to take a shower at night rather than the morning. Whoops, the shower curtain is opaque enough where I can't find the soap once it ended up on the shower floor.
ms2gls.jpg

So, I bought another shower rail, removed the twofish from my bike and came up with this:
23uu59e.jpg

Being on top of the shower curtain I can see where that light is at anytime. the P1 was modded [not by me] using a high CRI SSC and uses a madmax from the sandwich shoppe, proved to be an excellent battery drainer. I now take showers at night. it has thusfar chewed on a CR123A that was rejected by the kuku-dropin [failing to change modes] for 3 weeks, while its dim... it might continue to chew on it until it reaches around 0.8V.

Richub

Enlightened
I used my Fenix HL20 headlamp to fix my bicycle in an unlit shed. Worked like a charm, it was like working in daylight. I had plenty of light everywhere I looked until the repairs were done and I was locking the shed door.
The HL20 just shut off and wouldn't switch on again. After taking it off my head I noticed it was hot, way hotter than it would get by normal usage.
Ofcourse I always carry an EDC, so I wasn't left in the dark there. ;)

When looking (or rather sniffing) at the inside of that HL20 in my home, it became clear the circuit fried itself somehow. :(
Now I'll have to order a HL21 to replace it...

Byronski

Newly Enlightened
Being a nurse on night shift I don't really want to wake my patients therefore my photon freedom micro (red) came in real handy.

ericjohn

Enlightened
I used my Garrity R300G (which I have wanted for a long time and was given to me by a fellow CPFer) God bless him. Anyways earlier this evening I needed to hook up a Blue-Ray player to the TV. First I had to get behind the TV in a dark corner of the den and see where I needed to unplug the cables from the existing DVD player. It is really hard to see back there so my flashlight came in handy. BTW this flashlight was my favorite one when I was a kid but I lost it. Now I have one again.

silkuk

Newly Enlightened
Today, as a true infant to the mod world I tried to put my Mag 3D to better use by dropping in DX's 14413. Oh well, didn't work, burnt my finger on the little spring (I guess I'm shorting something out), and made me go hmm... Fortunately the DX LED still works- hooked it up very briefly to a car battery. I guess it's time for my first mod troubleshooting session!

ericjohn

Enlightened
I have a story about how a flashlight was used but it wasn't today. It was over 13 years ago, in August of 1998. I lived in a very close knit neighborhood, where whenever someone had something interesting to show; he/she invited everyone to see. (that's how us Cajuns are). Anyways a man who lived down the road from me had seen a giant (9 foot) rattlesnake by his swimming pool. he beat it to death with a boat paddle, and brought it over in a 5 gallon bucket to my grandparent's house. it was around dusk, so you needed a flashlight to see the dead menace. he worked for a chemical company and was apparently issued a safety flashlight (i know this in retrospect because it was one of those industrial styled flashlights, that was colored orange). he was shining his flashlight on the snake to show us and me being the flashlight enthusiast even back then, i pulled out my Garrity Mini Rugged Lite (which was much brighter) and also shined it on the snake. lots of people were amazed by the brightness of my flashlight. boy was i one happy 11 year old that night.

Websniper

Newly Enlightened
This morning, since the lamp on my dresser died a few days ago (lamp is dead, tried a new bulb, no dice), I used my new ZL H51Fc to pick out a pair of black socks from the assorted black, navy and brown socks in the drawer.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Lit up with the SC50w+ the raccoon that comes almost nightly to clean up the bird seed I put on the deck railing. Later I'll probably be using the Photon Rex for some reading in bed.

Geoff

Larbo

Enlightened
Took the whole crew out food shopping and the store was dark due to a snow storm and lots of trees down, we had a L2, a cr2 mini Ti quark, a Ti aa quark with a lithium rechargable, a sst50 pocket rocket and a quark123 with us, needless to say we got plenty of looks as we lit the place up.

headers

Newly Enlightened
Some snow in NE US. I used my M91 in a 9P to run around and de-snow lines and trees, also to take this picture.

30mtnbackyard201110.jpg

Lots of trees down, power lines down, chaos here. We are very lucky to still have power, net and such.
Though I planned my dinner around only having gas.

I have lights everywhere in the house and my trousers.

Latest posts