What did you use your flashlight for today?

papershredder

Newly Enlightened
my nieghbor called me about a squirrel having a seizure by her garbages. i actually just tossed my 6p on the bed and thought i didn't have a flashlight. i patted my pockets and realized i put my rexlight 2.0 in my pocket, because i never knew you could use 14500 batteries in it. i turned it on and looked around for it, finding a dead squirrel under the shack where the garbage bins are stored. he was stiff as a board at this point, so i think he might have had rabies. the kids were fascinated for about half a minute before they ran off with my flashlight. this is why i always carry two. had to pick up the squirrel in the dark. which reminds me...where are those kids?

Squirrels typically don't get rabies. It's very rare for small critters like these to be carriers. Typically a larger animal that has the rabies usually kills the smaller animal outright. The smaller animal does not get a bite and then gets away.

alaskabushman

Newly Enlightened
Used my EDC Fenix L0D (the precursor to the LD1) to find a speck of dirt in a coworkers eye. He was very grateful.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dropped a 64GB Micro SD card... had to find it before the cats did! (and it had all my mp3s on it too...)

andyw513

Enlightened
Today, I used my Raysoon Cree XR-E Warm (which actually replaced my Solarforce L2, believe it or not) to shine on a faraway spot on the gravel at my house because I didn't know if it was a snake or not. So far, this light has paid for itself many times over by size, battery life and weight. I love it. Just the other day I used it to shine on a tachometer wheel at work to check o-ring wear, and it did perfect. I'm really taken a shine, no pun intended, to my new EDC.

PS... If I can get my lazy hind quarters to make a review I will. :nana:

marcham

Newly Enlightened
Used my predator X setup to tail stand in its lowest output mode as a night light for my kid since we were staying in a hotel.

Day before that used my Fenix ld22 while looking at homes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

creyc

Enlightened
Got my freshly opened Ultrafire 501B plenty greasy and grimey while changing out a serpentine belt and a starter over the weekend. It's nice to have bright throw around lights for tasks like that.

Roger999

Enlightened
Used my G3 to install a new clutch and rear main seal, it held up well to being dropped, thrown, dragged and stuck into odd metal places. There's still not a single sign of wear on the body.

markr6

Flashaholic
Tail standing my Xeno E03 Nichia 219 to install a kitchen sink faucet. One of my least favorite tasks of all time :mad:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
To find a holding collar on the end of a machine roller at work. Then to put it back. Then to find it after it popped off again.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Shined my 2C Lowes Task Force light last night into a drawer from across the room, so that a loved one could find her pills.

buds224

Enlightened
Had to repair one of my kid's toys. Lots of soldering and re-wiring involved. Couldn't be more comfortable with the lighting provided by the flood option of my Fenix HP25. Love headlamps now.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my M6 with MD60 to go see who my pitbull chased out of the yard at midnight while letting her out to do her business. Never did find them but we heard footsteps running up the gravel road behind the house.