What did you use your flashlight for today?

fire-stick

Enlightened
Havent used one so far today, but on an interesting note, my niece and I played played "disco dancer" with our 2 flashlights at 9:30pm last night. The lights go off and she and I take our flashlights and flash them and wave them around and hop up and down and spin around (ok that's not really dancing.. :), the chosen song for said night was "london bridge is falling down")

my light: brinkman of the 50 lumen veriety (the one at walmart with all the colored filters FUN)
her light: 3 coin cell keychain flashlight of the YMCA veriety (says it on the side)

I have on one occasion made the mistake of letting her use a brighter light just for fun (200 lumens) I seen spots for 20 minutes and she "accidentally" shined it in my eyes when we were playing FUN TIMES!!

RoBeacon

Enlightened
To see the level of water in the Christmas Tree without getting on my hands and knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a4d

Enlightened
Well according to USPS my ArmyTek Predator has arrived so I will be playing with that in the woods tonight. Plus I'm fortunate enough to be able to play with a light everyday at work HAHA.

**I meant ArmyTek Barracuda!! I don not know why I have been calling it a predator. I'm in my own world half the time, but it's nice here!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Went in the old pack stock area in back of factory at 6am(very dark,no windows) the lights did not auto come on...........luckily had my t7 in my pant pocket,admittedly i was a little underwhelmed by the flood.Light the huge crate up which needed to be undone for a shaft fine,just wanted the area light up:D so a new work torch in the new year is on cards,coming up to 3 or 4yr old now so change is good.

FourBin Labs

Newly Enlightened
Did some electrical work in a basement.

Clipped my ST11 to a staple in a floor joist for light to keep it shining into the panel.

Used my Preon P2 to light up the ST11 when I took the pic :D

pa0z.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my Lowe's 2C task Force LED model to find a clear plastic small lid to a plastic container. Lid went missing in the dry basin next to the kitchen sink. Found it instantly.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used H51FW to install a new lock.

The old one was a real cheapo where you don't really need to get the holes 100% right and I have been digging the deadbolt faceplate hole for an hour trying to align the housing. Then, after I started to write this post, I followed my adopted advice of "when all else fails, read the instructions." Turns out there is a piece that could be discarded and I had the bolt set at the wrong length. The bolt hole strike will require a tad of filing tomorrow (or perhaps installing the one from the new lock might fix the slight grinding), but I'm much more secure now: grade 1 lock VS el cheapo crapo that aligns in just about any bad hole. I might even be able to reinstall that extra piece that definitely insures no one could bypass the lock from any angle :devil:

AA#5

Newly Enlightened
Every evening in winter when it gets dark early, I use a light to find the right house key & the keyhole.

Also every evening I go outside with my Yellow Lab with the TK45 on Turbo. (coyotes around here at night).

pompous_ass_captain

Newly Enlightened
work! I'm a security guard, work at night (currently at work now), and I've been using it to do my patrols. Wish it was brighter.

Treeguy

Enlightened
I used mine to make money. :thumbsup:

Sold my XL50 – with two sets of fresh batteries no less – for $25 to my buddy. I just ordered a new Surefire and the money from my old flashlight will help pay for the new one.

wjv

Enlightened
Monday night: I get out of work at 5:30 and it is already dark. Start driving home when I notice my Low Tire Pressure light is on. Pull over to the side of the road and I can't see diddly. Black tires on a black road in the dark. Pull out my Mini-ML and in 10 seconds I was able to find the low tire. Pumped it up and made it the rest of the way home. Had it fixed at the tire shop a few days later.

Wednesday night: Wife owns a on-line seafood business and we store shipping boxes in our barn. We went out there to get some more boxes. There is no electricity out in the barn and it was 10 at night. used my PD32UE and my Mini-ML to light up the entire barn.

f-light

Newly Enlightened
I used my UV flashlight to verify a piece of vaseline glass. It was not the usual light green color, sort of blue-ish, but under the UV flashlight, it was the typical bright green vaseline glass color. Sweet.

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
Last night we were playing wide games with the explorer scouts they had to steal the other teams potatoes and give them to us. While they were attacking each other we just stood at the top of the hill with my custom Mag and EA4 lighting up the whole area, was good fun! :)

cirrusly_fast

Newly Enlightened
Used Thrunite Catapult V3 on a perimeter, welfare check, and traffic stops. Used Eagletac for some traffic stops too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
With my S10-L2 Baton, burned through some RCR123's on medium + high, to see what they're made of. One 'no-name' LiFePO4 cell had mediocre capacity (~400 mAh), but able to use most of that under high load. Two Sibeile "Li-Mn" 600 mAh 16340's had much higher capacity, but much of it not available @ high discharge. Judging from those results, I doubt they're Li-Mn cells, more likely ordinary LiCo cells w/o protection pcb.
I hate companies that label their products falsely just for profit. :barf: So I'm not buying those again...

Starting to like my Enedepots A8 charger. Too bad it's so difficult to get hold of one, :sigh: imho this charger is highly underrated.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my H51FW for disinfecting under the bathroom sink, but that's just routine stuff for me.

The real reason I'm posting is that I just saw a guy across the street tend to hid BBQ on the balcony with an LED flashlight. Probably a store brand as the tint was wayyy on the cool side.

ven

Flashaholic
Being clumsy i dropped casserole dish and shattered into millions of pieces,picked up,cleaned up then turned kitchen light off and uses xeno s3a to spot a further 4 shards.