What did you use your flashlight for today?

silverman57

Newly Enlightened
Used my LL Police Tech Focus on Friday night when the electric shower tripped the whole house power.
Used it again yesterday evening when taking my tools back to the shed after installing the new shower.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Not so much what we used them for but more what we did with lights today, ok so no exactly flashlight's but I did use me HEADLAMP to install Xmas lights XD

Ishango

Enlightened
We were on holiday last week on a sailing boat round Turkey with a group of other people. One night I dropped my 4Sevens Quark 123 under one of the beds and we couldn't reach it any longer. I first tried using the magnet on the Olight S15 tied to a length of paracord, but didn't succeed. After a lot of attempts, I used the paracord with a paperclip attached to it and with my Photon Microlight II to "fish" for it, since I figured I could catch it on the clip. Luckily it succeeded immediately.

Another night we went out for dinner in one of the ports and part of the route (along the water) was very dark. My daughter used my Olight I3, I used my Olight S15 and my girlfriend used my Foursevens Mini 123 to guide the other people on the boat to the restaurant. It was great to use my lights. I also lend out my I3 to one of our fellow travelers since they would return later from the restaurant. Upon receiving it back they told me it had been quite a useful light on the way back to the boat.

YAK-28

Enlightened
neighbor stopped over tonight with a little problem, he was having a contractor stopping by tonight for an estimate on some brick and mortar work and was running behind schedule. he thought i might be able to help. i brought over a tk70(to much of a spot), tried my ld50(better), hit the little blue switch on a tm26-"i think that one will work". an hour latter mission accomplished. my hand was starting to get a little warm.

OCD

Enlightened
Used my Ultrafire A10B on strobe inside one of my homemade wooden coffins along with the fog machine to test the effect for Halloween. Worked great. Put batteries in the color-changing led puck lights made for jack-o-lanterns to illuminate a skeleton inside another homemade coffin.

zipelgas

Newly Enlightened
Last few days I have been using my flashlight to look down my throat:)
I had a tonsillectomy few days ago and I like to see how the healing process is going.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mental exercise in OCD therapy. There is in fact a nick on my new light the size of a pin. I will not be looking at it. It does not have any power over me. I can cope, Im doing a good job.

"You're not your job. You're not the car you drive. You're not your Flashlight. You're not the content of your CR123 stash, You're not your runtime. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." - Tyler Durden

Just have to find my power animal.

"SLIDE!"

:duh2:

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I took a friend to view a range rover vogue,he had already sorted the deal out with the expensive wheels. He had not viewed the vogue and was dark,luckily i had my Roche F8 in glove box,more than enough,checked over the motor ,checked all the bits you do from bubbles in exp bottle to condition of oils etc to build a picture of how its been looked after.Only surface rust on the IS underneath,sub frames needed cleaning up and under sealing so the budget light saved £200 knocked off the price for him, which was already knocked down before we left:) After all your best light is the one with you:thumbsup:

jimhoff

Newly Enlightened
I used my new Armytek Wizard with the forbidden 17670 cell to install a kitchen faucet and a thermocouple in two different houses.

buds224

Enlightened
It's Halloween right now in Japan, so I got to sport my SRT7 with a diffuser cone. Got to use the various colors to signal my kids to my whereabouts since it was really crowded here on the Navy base. I had forgotten how much throw this light has too. The gentlemen on base, including the Japanese nationals, looked on with quite a bit of curiosity as my diffuser cone changed from Red, to Green, to Blue, then police mode to gather my kids. :thumbsup:

Taz80

Enlightened
Went out on a wire down call last night. Used my wildcat to find the downed wire and get an idea of what I had to do, and my H600fw to reattach it to the pole and house.

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
Used my new Convoy C8 to take the dogs for a walk great amounts of throw! Saw five dear on walk!

ven

Flashaholic
For our haunted sleep over i took my v11r mirage(one of my coats edc lights) tm15,srminVN,tn35vn

I only ended up using the tm15

iirc the mill that her studio is in was built around 1840 ish..........plenty of stories/hangings etc back then..........
Fire on in lounge set

Bed for the night

:thumbsup:

Little bit of exploring in the dark,no bumps in the night though:thumbsdow

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary 250 used to get my clothes out of the new top-load washer in my apartment building's laundry room.

Last edited: