What did you use your flashlight for today?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Currently facing a power outage at home after a severe rainstorm. Blown transformer, from the sound of it. Whole block is in the dark.

Got an S2 (XM-L2 4C, not sure of color temperature) on ceiling bounce duty to light up the living room and kitchen, and an S2+ 2700K here with me as I lounge on my bed.

The one other apartment that I can see out my window that isn't totally in the dark has a candle lit :au: I'm positive my flat is the only one in the 160+ apartments of the complex that has even a single flashlight.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Currently facing a power outage at home after a severe rainstorm. Blown transformer, from the sound of it. Whole block is in the dark.

Got an S2 (XM-L2 4C,not sure of color temperature) on ceiling bounce duty to light up the living room and kitchen, and an S2+ 2700K here with me as I lounge on my bed.

The one other apartment that I can see out my window that isn't totally in the dark has a candle lit :au: I'm positive my flat is the only one in the 160+ apartments of the complex that has even a single flashlight.
I hope your power comes back on soon. Good for you for being prepared. (y)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a Streamlight Protac 90 light to examine, then replace a submerged sump pump.
protac90.jpg

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I got to test out my brand new sf edcl1-t for a while tonight as a makeshift headlamp clipped on my hat while we finished up a job. It was on high the whole time and I just about used up the battery. I also used it earlier in the day in a crawlspace on the low mode. The low mode seems twice the brightness than what the specs would have you think, which I am very much ok with.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
IMG_20220313_163857.jpg

Been studying lots for a job opportunity. Have to do it at the dinner table as it's by far the best place at home to sit for this, but the position of the ceiling lamp sucks fumes through a straw. So I've been using the Tool AA with an old Thrunite T10 diffuser tip to light up my notebook. (I lost the Tool's rubbery one a long time ago.)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Last night I was at work and using my PD-36R to manuever around in a dark building when an impromptu tour group walked in. I used my light to help them find their way in and out of the area safely. They appreciated it. Right place at the right time.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I used my convoy s2+ with 3000k 219b to do some kitchen drain and faucet repair at a friends house. Such a nice beam that comes out of that light.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Used my gift Convoy S2 (XM-L2, rosy 4C tint, not sure whick Kelvin rating) to walk to the oriental food cart one block over to fetch some pastéis (big fried square dumplings) for dinner. The narrow spill of the S2 was perfect to light up the sidewalk and conquer the tree shade that blocks the streetlamps' light.
I used my convoy s2+ with 3000k 219b to do some kitchen drain and faucet repair at a friends house. Such a nice beam that comes out of that light.
I have an S2+ with a 219C and can confirm, the beam profile on it is pretty much perfect. Just wish mine had the 7135x8 driver, not just x4, so 1% mode would be more useful. Maybe a future purchase; for now I'll live with what I have.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Used my gift Convoy S2 (XM-L2, rosy 4C tint, not sure whick Kelvin rating) to walk to the oriental food cart one block over to fetch some pastéis (big fried square dumplings) for dinner. The narrow spill of the S2 was perfect to light up the sidewalk and conquer the tree shade that blocks the streetlamps' light.

I have an S2+ with a 219C and can confirm, the beam profile on it is pretty much perfect. Just wish mine had the 7135x8 driver, not just x4, so 1% mode would be more useful. Maybe a future purchase; for now I'll live with what I have.

On all three of my S2+ 219b's I went with the 7138x8 and smooth reflector. The 1% mode is extremely useful, it throws well and has good spill.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I used my Alonefire SV18 365nm UV light to inspect a damaged equipment cabiinet for the source of water ingress. Found it via a trail of fluorescing schmutz coming from a conduit.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After randomly walking about 17 laps inside my house it dawned on me it's Spring. Time to go outside and walk around. Thing is the wind chimes on the north side of my house were playing the Jack Frost Boogie.

Toss on a Maglite stocking cap, a warm hoody and some gloves……(wife doing same), grab a few flashlights…forest green 3 cell Maglite ML50LX, battleship gray 2 cell ML50 for the Mrs, Elzetta Bravo hi/lo, yellow SureFire G2x Pro, 1 cell gray Icon Rogue, 1 cell Icon Modus and 2 Maglite Solitaire LED's and off we went.

Jack Frost cranked up the wind machine on max so the jaunt was short and quick, but nevertheless still fun.

hsa

Enlightened
I've been out barking at coyotes with my dog. We take turns so she doesn't get a sore throat. Wowtac A1s, neutral and a Nitecore P30. I gave up Maglites for lent. It ain't easy.
I think I've been doing this for too long. I didn't give up Guinness Stout.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Still on the study routine from last post. Been alternating between my old S2 (XM-L2 4C) and the black S2+ (SST20 2700K) for use as a candle.

One of the fun things I found is, the diffuser cap of a Lumintop EDC01/Tool AAA fits exactly inside the inner bezel of these two models. I'll post a photo later; for now, just trust me, it's a great kludge!

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I discovered a pretty nifty use for an adjustable lanyard today. The rubber grip ring also gives it additional traction to stay in place. Just point and shine.

494D32AF-CEB3-41BC-8517-37CE11012760.jpeg

chip100t

Enlightened
With the uk about to go into an energy crisis which will leave many people struggling to pay the bills I now use my olight I3t on 5l using an Eneloop to navigate my house at night rather than turn on the lights.

Spending my evenings sat in the dark is new to me as I was that person you would have to follow around turning off all the lights I left on in my wake otherwise I would be be sat down with my whole house lit up like a Christmas tree.

Last edited: