What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Office chair at work felt odd. Lean in the chair to the right, it dips.
Guessing one of my co-workers broke it. Flip it over. Inspect it.
No cracks, no breaks. Everything looks normal.
Used my Powertac Sabre 2AAA penlight to do the inspecting.
239 rated lumens on high.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have a couple of Ruger Mk II Targets.
Thanx for prompting me to correct myself. My arachnid special is in fact the MK II version of the same gun, not the Mark IV. It lacks the ambi-safety / releases and pushbutton takedown. 2, 4, ...math was never my strong suit. I did, however do well with Boolean algebra, where '1 + 1 = 1'. Go figure...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Two-fer tonight. Started off with my Thrunite TT20 LED on Turbo inspecting a possible leaking roof. Then realized after 30 seconds the head was getting too hot. Switched to my Feit Electric 3C LED on the flood setting. Gave me a better look. No leaks.... until just before 5:30am.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Actually it was my daughter who used my flashlight for the past few nights.

She used a S2+ to light the three pumpkin tier on the left. It'll run all night on low. Thank God for rechargeable batteries.

Plug in led lights will arrive tomorrow.

1697069588943.png

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
S2+ takes 18650's
Young kids usually don't pay for batteries, so they don't know what is expensive, so I could just imagine a "Leave it to Beaver" situation with some kid using a lot of really expensive batteries to light up their Jack o Lanterns with. Didn't mean to infer anything regarding your situation.

Poppy

Flashaholic
ONIC Oh Now I See. LOL.... yeah, kids often have no concept.
My kids, when they were kids, burned through D cell batteries in a boom box, when there was a 120 V outlet only a few feet away.

I told my daughter that I posted that picture. She laughed. She said, yeah I used one of your forty flashlights, I thought that you'd never miss it. LOL. She's right.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually it was my daughter who used my flashlight for the past few nights.

She used a S2+ to light the three pumpkin tier on the left. It'll run all night on low. Thank God for rechargeable batteries.

Plug in led lights will arrive tomorrow.

View attachment 50616
Sitting patiently behind Snoopy and Woodstock.. At first glance I wasn't sure if he was part of the window arrangement (-:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Dang it is getting dark by 6:30 already. That's about the time I get home from work.
Poppy my friend, I'm a little envious honestly. In the southern side of Earth, we're getting more and more light, to the point that where I am there's daylight even before 5AM, and the abolished daylight savings time equals no dark hours while I'm out and about. My flashlights all remain unused.

No use for the Husky for checking the bins?

Poppy

Flashaholic
Poppy my friend, I'm a little envious honestly. In the southern side of Earth, we're getting more and more light, to the point that where I am there's daylight even before 5AM, and the abolished daylight savings time equals no dark hours while I'm out and about. My flashlights all remain unused.

No use for the Husky for checking the bins?
The shortened days means that I do more driving being harassed by the glare of oncoming headlights. I haven't made the move yet, because my Grand Marquis isn't depreciating anymore, but I plan to get into a vehicle that sits higher on the road, and my line of sight is above the headlights of many vehicles.

Regarding the Husky, yeah that would have done fine for checking the bins. It was a glove box light, but since I prefer LEDs for their longer run times, I gave it away. I already have better lights in the car.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Olight M1T Raider.
Start of the night, checking out a weird noise I heard in the technically not underground, indoor parking structure where I park at home. 500 rated lumens, turned out to be nothing.

End of 3rd shift, my relief got there early. But the lights in the parking lots are designed to switch off at 6:30am. At this time of the year, that means about half an hour before the Sun is up. Used my Raider to navigate my way to my car.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dragged the trash dumpster out to the road this morning shortly after 6 a.m.. Used my Princeton-Tec Apex to provide my illumination. It appears, I may have gophers in my yard, (the little furry creatures, not the golfers!). Lines of soft, raised soil, with tiny, about 1/2 inch in diameter air holes every now and then. Tempted to hook up a garden hose to a vehicle exhaust pipe and gas whatever it is. Probably violate all kinds of laws, though. Any lawyers here willing to give a little free advice?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Dragged the trash dumpster out to the road this morning shortly after 6 a.m.. Used my Princeton-Tec Apex to provide my illumination. It appears, I may have gophers in my yard, (the little furry creatures, not the golfers!). Lines of soft, raised soil, with tiny, about 1/2 inch in diameter air holes every now and then. Tempted to hook up a garden hose to a vehicle exhaust pipe and gas whatever it is. Probably violate all kinds of laws, though. Any lawyers here willing to give a little free advice?
I'm not a lawyer. But, if you're going to do something like that.... Don't openly discuss it on a public forum!

Big knife reviewer on YouTube, Cutlery Lover. Many years ago, used to be one of us. Quit CPF to concentrate on his channel. Awhile back, he posted having issues with a couple of squirrels. So, he shot them, skinned them, and made a video about it. One of his subscribers didn't like that. Knew the law where Jeff lives. I'm assuming the subscriber lives in the same neck of the woods as Jeff. And, snitched on him. Apparently some wacko Animal Rights advocates also collect knives. Jeff made a video about how two officers stopped by his property to talk to him about the incident.

Had he not uploaded that video or never made that video in the first place, no one would have known. Some things are best done, quietly. Behind closed doors. Involving no one else. And, they don't need to be talked about; after the fact.