What Do You Want The Next Quark To Be?

What Should The New Quarks Be?

• Total voters

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
This just in to the "For The For What It's Worth" Dept., I called them (4Sevens) about a 2 weeks ago and asked about the Quark AAA lights that might or might not be forthcoming in the near future, and the response was (I'm paraphrasing here) "David is out of town at the moment and I can't comment on that. He'll be back in this weekend and perhaps he will be able to make some news available about that when he returns". No further response.

I sent them an e-mail last week asking:

1.whether Fenix lights purchased when 4Sevens was providing a Lifetime warranty on them would still be "Lifetime Covered", and:

2. what might be on the horizon regarding a Quark AAA light?

The response I received was as follows:

1. "The lights you purchased from us prior to the change will be covered under our lifetime warranty."

2. "I really couldn't say whats coming up but you seem to be very happy with the 47 line. I would stick with what you like best".

If you go to the Manufacturer's sub-forums in CPFMP, there seems to be a whole lot of activity regarding badbeams3's thread "Any hope for a 250~300 lumen MC-E 4sevens brand light?", but I have been unable to find anything even remotely resembling anything referencing a AAA light except for that one devil smile in one of the first Quark posts from David. 4Sevens is extremely quiet and hush hush about it, or so it would seem. Don't really know why, and don't understand it, either.

I'm confused, but I guess they're really busy with the new line and everything. They must be overwhelmed with all the attention the Quarks are getting, plus trying to finalize everything with whatever new lights they might be fixing to release, trying to get it right the first time, along with everything else they normally deal with. Still, one has to wonder.........................?

:thinking: :popcorn: :confused: :shrug: :shakehead :banghead: :hairpull:

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This just in to the "For The For What It's Worth" Dept., I called them (4Sevens) about a 2 weeks ago and asked about the Quark AAA lights that might or might not be forthcoming in the near future, and the response was (I'm paraphrasing here) "David is out of town at the moment and I can't comment on that. He'll be back in this weekend and perhaps he will be able to make some news available about that when he returns". No further response.

I sent them an e-mail last week asking:

1.whether Fenix lights purchased when 4Sevens was providing a Lifetime warranty on them would still be "Lifetime Covered", and:

2. what might be on the horizon regarding a Quark AAA light?

The response I received was as follows:

1. "The lights you purchased from us prior to the change will be covered under our lifetime warranty."

2. "I really couldn't say whats coming up but you seem to be very happy with the 47 line. I would stick with what you like best".

If you go to the Manufacturer's sub-forums in CPFMP, there seems to be a whole lot of activity regarding badbeams3's thread "Any hope for a 250~300 lumen MC-E 4sevens brand light?", but I have been unable to find anything even remotely resembling anything referencing a AAA light except for that one devil smile in one of the first Quark posts from David. 4Sevens is extremely quiet and hush hush about it, or so it would seem. Don't really know why, and don't understand it, either.

I'm confused, but I guess they're really busy with the new line and everything. They must be overwhelmed with all the attention the Quarks are getting, plus trying to finalize everything with whatever new lights they might be fixing to release, trying to get it right the first time, along with everything else they normally deal with. Still, one has to wonder.........................?

:thinking: :popcorn: :confused: :shrug: :shakehead :banghead: :hairpull:

"A" for effort! :thumbsup:

I'm just imagining right now... a AAA light, with a clicky and twist capabilities (to change between modes like the current Quarks), and having a moonlight mode (10 day min. on a AAA light)... :naughty:

pano_maker

Newly Enlightened
I love my Zebralight H30. One even smaller run by one 10440 would be great. There really seems to be a lack of headlamps that support this battery type.

:twothumbs

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like 18650s the second best, after the 14500.

It's relatively cheap, yet has great capacity WITH PCB and is readily available in DX.

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I know. I sure wish something would leak out. I'm starting to see a AAA Quark running in moon mode in my dreams. I think I've got it (flashlight fever) real bad! :sigh:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
"mechanics version" just a different tailpiece or fixture for the current tailpiece with a super magnet in it so my quark will tailstand sideways on a frame rail whilst i change a starter? Other that that the 123 XP-G would be a nice step too.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
"mechanics version" just a different tailpiece or fixture for the current tailpiece with a super magnet in it so my quark will tailstand sideways on a frame rail whilst i change a starter? Other that that the 123 XP-G would be a nice step too.

I had never thought of that... That is a pretty good idea!:sssh:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
hmm...

i want a quad die flashlight that uses cr123a primaries..2-4 cell...in a similar host like the 6p... hoping by the time its released it'll be in the 700 OTF lumens? if possible?

i also want a AAA flashlight similar to fenix's lod keychain thingy...

i dont like to use Li-ion...

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this poll served its purpose! It's official! There will be a Quark AAA! See for yourself!

You guys are too funny. Unsubscribe this thread and don't come back and you'll be safe! :nana:

Prototype samples are on their way to me. Tthey were supposed to be
in my hands last week but there were some last minute adjustments.
Once they are approved, it'll probably be 2-3 weeks before announcement
which is when pre-order starts and 2 weeks before delivery. Thats pretty
much the standard plan.

Let's just say there won't be a smaller AAA light that is as bright and smart
as these. I personally am not a big proponent of AAA lights but we are
engineering it based on it only advantage - size. So we're going all out.
AND we're going to but the best LED in it so it's worthwhile to carry daily
without you noticing it until you need it.

Smallest AAA
Brightest AAA
Yes, we're redefining the AAA flashlight.

We're also working on a special surface technology - I'll see how it turns out hopefully this thursday.

Better hit the unsubscribe button before I tell you more... haha :D

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA Quark??? 10440???? clip???? :popcorn:

YES! I'm IN! I should just put 4 Sevens on "automatic bank draft" so he can simply debit and send the newest & latest 4 Sevens creation!

18650??? with a way to access strobe, or bypass. High, medium, low and really low.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just really hope it is not a twisty... if it is I may have to save my money and pass. If it is anything near a LF2XT, count me in for a few!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Multi-colored AAA's on the upper right hand side...

638024293_YXzMf-L.jpg

Last edited:

Charley

Newly Enlightened
A Quark AAA with moonlight mode, 10440 support, same functions as the Fenix L0D, won't get too hot like the LD01 on 10440, but with a clicky... kind of a deadly combo! :devil:
What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!