What does your EDC weigh?

scout24

Flashaholic
I answered a question in another thread today regarding how much a Haiku weighed, and it got me thinking. I generally carry a Haiku and an EO1 for backup, totalling 4.22 oz. The rest of my pocket carried gear brings me to just shy of 1 pound.
Two wallets, one for ID, one for cash/ cards
XM-18
Leatherman Sideclip
Small SAK/mini bic on splitring w/EO1
Cellphone
Generic ballpoint
Work keys/doorpass

Let's hear what your edc with lights weighs!

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
in my pockets i detest carrying stuff other than my bunch of keys, so i got only:
RIGHT: 1 minimized bunch of keys with keys and a 1x AAA light, e.g. iTP A3 w/ unprotected 10440 (...g total)
LEFT (eventually): a 1x AA light, e.g. quark aa w/ 14500 (=45+21g)

the 66g in my LEFT are about the maximum i am willing to carry in my LEFT. i carry it because i like lights and not because i need it over my AAA light.

i would never ever carry a loaded HDS at or in my trouser pockets. never. too heavy, too bulky for my taste. Haiku Ti? .. erh .. it's a nice looking torch :D

money, cell, cards? in front pockets of my jacket, motto "if i dont wear a jacket, then i dont need money, cell, cards" lol (*joke*). i am thinking of getting a leatherman one day .. but no for *everyday* carry.

Last edited:

flashflood

Enlightened
When my aluminum iTP A3 EOS died, I replaced it with a Fenix LD01 Stainless. I was surprised by how noticeable the difference is. The iTP was 9g, the LD01 SS is 35g.

fyrstormer

Banned
Jetbeam TC-R2 w/ stainless "mini blunt" bezel__100.0g empty__118.2g w/ RCR123
Muyshondt Aeon Ti______________________________ 33.2g empty__ 43.8g w/ CR2
McGizmo Sapphire 25____________________________ 15.0g empty__ 22.6g w/ Energizer Lithium AAA

While I'm at it, allow me to complain about this forum's automatic removal of extra spaces. Maybe I want those extra spaces there.

yifu

Enlightened
I answered a question in another thread today regarding how much a Haiku weighed, and it got me thinking. I generally carry a Haiku and an EO1 for backup, totalling 4.22 oz. The rest of my pocket carried gear brings me to just shy of 1 pound.
Two wallets, one for ID, one for cash/ cards
XM-18
Leatherman Sideclip
Small SAK/mini bic on splitring w/EO1
Cellphone
Generic ballpoint
Work keys/doorpass

Let's hear what your edc with lights weighs!
You scared me when i thought you EDCed a 4Sevens XM18... It's the knife and not the 15 000 lumen light is it :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
You scared me when i thought you EDCed a 4Sevens XM18... It's the knife and not the 15 000 lumen light is it :)

Why not? 2 straps to the shoulders, point it back, get on rollers skates and... well... at best you'll be alone on the road in no time.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The iTP was 9g, the LD01 SS is 35g.
btw you ve quotes manufacturer specs. they are really off (itp is more like 14g and ld01 22 is more like 53g, see the many detailed google reviews) but i do agree.

ld01 ss is a bit heavy for keychain carry!!

R28

Newly Enlightened
Pro Tac 1AA 3.97 inches - 2.3 oz. (65 Grams). Very nice EDC light, very happy. R28 :)

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until my HDS ship comes in it's a Malkoff Little Twisty at 150+ grams with 2 Eneloops. HDS should be closer to 100g.

Lux-RC

Banned
my favorite baby

T35-weight.jpg

it's 89.080 grams equipped with a AW IMR 18350 fully charged battery (see the green indicator, I do believe that the charged ones weight more :) and a hand-made leather short lanyard. Providing about 900 lumens on full it's about 10 lumens per gram.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My normal EDC consists of a carbon fiber Spyderco Chaparral knife, titanium Klarus MiX6 on a titanium chain around my neck, and an elactic sleeve in my pocket with a ti Preon 1 light, ti Inka pen, and a ti AG Russell 3.0 lockback knife. Total weight of all that is 5.6 oz. Barely even know it is there.

fyrstormer

Banned
my favorite baby

T35-weight.jpg

it's 89.080 grams equipped with a AW IMR 18350 fully charged battery (see the green indicator, I do believe that the charged ones weight more :) and a hand-made leather short lanyard. Providing about 900 lumens on full it's about 10 lumens per gram.
I don't think I've ever seen one of those before. What is it?

JAYKAY75

Newly Enlightened
Hey fyrstormer, look who posted it ;) It's Lux-RC's own creation, FL33, wanted to get one some time back, but need to save some money, buy some other lights first, save some more and then maybe one day ;)

flashflood

Enlightened
btw you ve quotes manufacturer specs. they are really off (itp is more like 14g and ld01 22 is more like 53g, see the many detailed google reviews) but i do agree.

That's just water weight and time of the month.

ld01 ss is a bit heavy for keychain carry!!

Indeed. It's a great light, very well made, but not a purchase I'd repeat for that reason. I try to keep the keychain very light.

fyrstormer

Banned
Hey fyrstormer, look who posted it ;) It's Lux-RC's own creation, FL33, wanted to get one some time back, but need to save some money, buy some other lights first, save some more and then maybe one day ;)
Sorry, with only 7 posts I didn't pay much attention to his name. Is there a thread about this light?

JAYKAY75

Newly Enlightened

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
All the above seem to be heavyweights, my Photon Freedom Micro weighs 6.3 g by itself or 8.8g including necklace & clip.

My ITP A3 EOS sans clip but with eneloop (no point carrying a light without a battery, right ?) weighs 21.6g

Last edited: