What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

scott011422

Newly Enlightened
You guys are making me feel I need to update my flashlight game!

I always have lights on me one way or another so I only carry 1 extra light in my truck. I have my first LED flashlight, A Coast I believe, 1x AA in a small pelican box with batteries removed and stored separately in the same box.

On me is always my MH23. I have a EC4GTS, EC25 Cobra and a Weltool M7 in my daybag.

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm…
Energizer tactical 700 rechargeable, Surefire g2 with a Dereelight 3 mode drop in, KD 21700 host with a sst20 triple, Sofirn hs05 headlamp, Sofirn d25lr headlamp, Energizer s1000 rechargeable, Peak Eiger SS 10180 on my keys.
Most times I also have a Milwaukee m18 flood light too.
I'm probably forgetting something, and I don't remember what's in my wife's car except for a Quark 123 modded to 4000k high CRI, a stock Mag 3d led, and some random headlamp.

3_gun

Enlightened
I keep a cheap zoomie usually powered by 3 aaa batteries in a carrier but I use a 18650 in mine, it's in my tool kit. It's crap but it has worked every time I've tested it over the last year. Doubt it will ever be used by me since I 99.98% of the time have my EDC[d4v2], key chain[e01v2], Leatherman[e12v2] & back pack[sc31pro] lights with me. It will most likely be left with someone I stop to help who doesn't have one

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep our cars simple. I have a Fenix 2AA light in each of our cars fed by Lithium primaries, and there is a spare set of cells for each one. We don't use them unless we need them, so they are extremely rarely used. If I'm in the car I almost always have my 21700-powered Fenix TK22 TAC clipped to my pocket, so that is usually what we'd rely on anyway. On longer trips I bring my backpack with some gear, and then I also have an old 18650-based Armytek Wizard Pro Warm headlamp which would be my light of choice for fixing something.

I also commute via bike a fair bit, and I have a Fenix BC30R headlight as well as a 350-lumen taillight.

TPA

Enlightened
EDC18 w/diffuser and a PALite. I'm kicking myself for not buying more PALites back in the day. They've earned their place by glowing 24/7, making them easy to find in the dark, which also serves as a confirmation that the batteries are still good.

After I realized the Princeton Tec headlamp I bought really wasn't all that spectacular but was still useful regardless, it was relegated to F250 center console duty. Glad to say, I haven't had to use it yet. Also glad to say, it's there if I need it.

I'm curious what flashlight folks are keeping in their vehicles. I'm undecided what to keep in mine, so curious what you keep in yours and why.
I'm sorry to say that I've only got Made in USA lights in my truck! ;)
1 - Malkoff Hound Dog on MD4 body w/ lanyard and loop holster (because I plan to survive in a horror movie)
2 - Surefire 6P running a Nail Bender XP-G2 drop-in (decent throw w/o having to dig out the Hound Dog)
3 - Elzetta Bravo w/ Hi-Lo Tailcap (The old model with neutral tint) (because its bomb proof and a great do-everything edc)
4 - Malkoff MD2 w/ High/Low bezel running an M61N drop-in. (for finding stuff I dropped under the seat and reading old maps like a pirate)
5 - 2 Surefire G2X's (old 320lm models) with orange wands on bezels to act as "electric road flares"
6 - Surefire G2X (old 320lm model) dual output with white wand on bezel to act as lantern
7 - Surefire Minimus headlamp (because I don't have a kid to yell at for holding the light wrong) w/ battery removed to avoid parasitic drain
8 - Otter Box full of 24 fresh CR123 cells (Also because I plan to survive in a horror movie!)

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Eagtac 2AA with Energiser Lithiums plus Olight M1T Raider (1 X CR123) plus spare batteries. Plus of course I always have a small 1 x 14500 in my pocket and a 18650/21700 in my coat pocket. Plus my EDC which is a Maratac AAA on my keychain.

Same in my wife's car. No Alkalines!!

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Normally I'm wary of leaving anything with a li-ion cell inside a vehicle, but since I've been parking only in the shade for the workdays, I've been keeping a Convoy M2 in my car. With an SST20 it's a very nice compact thrower.

Bob A

Newly Enlightened
I suppose I should keep lights in my vehicles, but I find good flashlights so useful that I always have at least one or two in my pockets at all times.

Plus that way I don't have to worry about them getting swiped, unless of course I'm being robbed myself. Life in the raw, in the big city.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I suppose I should keep lights in my vehicles, but I find good flashlights so useful that I always have at least one or two in my pockets at all times.

Plus that way I don't have to worry about them getting swiped, unless of course I'm being robbed myself. Life in the raw, in the big city.
Keep one good headlamp in the vehicle. Should cover things.

Poppy

Flashaholic

Among other lights I keep in my car I have at least these two. IMO it is important to have a traffic safety wand in the car to warn oncoming traffic of danger. Especially around the corner of a blind curve, or a crest of a hill.

1701697456315.png

That yellow 2D cell light came in a road safety kit I bought at walmart years ago.

I also added a Sofirn D25L headlamp that I put in the glove compartment. It is hidden from sight. It is currently only $27 with 18650 battery included, so it would not be a big loss if it got swiped.

1701698062014.png

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Nitecore MH27 in my truck. It has the blue/red flashing police warning mode. Is it safe to keep li-ion batteries in the glovebox?