What weapon light are you using on your AR15?

AmnestyC3

Newly Enlightened
I am using the SF X300 for now but I would like something with a bit more modularity and brightness while remaining totally rugged without spending the ridiculous sums Surefire wants for what is basically a KL4 with a pressure switch.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Im using a guide gear light and laser system works flawlessly the head can swivel to put the laser very close to the barrel The light is incan and around 180 -200 Lumin nice hotspot and spill so far this unit has performed great on my M4 the laser stays perfectly sighted even when removed and replaced on the weapon here are some pic's
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa010.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa012.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa017.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa004.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa016.jpg

Joe

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind I live in Canada. So this is my paintball marker.
Marker - Tippmann x7 with mods
lights.
Surefire M6
Surefire M4 with KT4-CB and SW01 fatty
Surefire C3 with KT1 and Z59
Surefire E2DL with E0-7 pressure switch and M78 picatinny clamp.
Total lumens, 500+350+60+200= 1110
4tsnx5.jpg

algjua.jpg

2yvw6y9.jpg

lightplay22

Enlightened
Just have to say WOW to that paintball gun! It will even give "baked on enamel" finish lol. That is one well lit machine.

Roger999

Enlightened
Keep in mind I live in Canada. So this is my paintball marker.
Marker - Tippmann x7 with mods
lights.
Surefire M6
Surefire M4 with KT4-CB and SW01 fatty
Surefire C3 with KT1 and Z59
Surefire E2DL with E0-7 pressure switch and M78 picatinny clamp.
Total lumens, 500+350+60+200= 1110
For that much weight you'd probably be better off with a Hellfighter lol.

Wattnot

Enlightened
I have the Elzetta with the Malkoff M60 and the ZORM mount and LOVE the way it looks and doubt I could beat the way it works! Holding the rifle naturally, a slight forward push with my left hand gives me momentary light. I could not even imagine a better setup! I wish I was as happy with the optics!

img1169rf.jpg

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just sent an X400 back to Surefire the laser / light selector switch went flakey.........man I must have the worst Surefire Luck.....I think almost every one I have owned has needed warranty service.

Mac

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight M3X with the led upgrade works very well as I also use a headlamp.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Kel-Tec SU-16c. It wears an Olight M21 with the XM-L LED; sometimes I put my Quark 123 Tactical on it for its smaller size. I love the new Olight M21. It is smaller, brighter, & throws better than my Olight M30 Triton.

PursuitSS

Newly Enlightened
I'm running a Surefire M600 Scout light with the TNVC TX4 600 lumen head. In addition I am using the Tango Down vertical grip that perfectly holds the Surefire "tape switch" without resorting to rubberbands, Velcro, etc. to mount it.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
No photo's just now, but I mounted a Klarus XT-10 to my duty carbine and a fenix TK-21 to my back up gun.

I will probably make a few changes to the mounting style's later down the road. So far everything seems to be good. I need to do some extensive live fire testing before I certify any of the lights as "duty ready".

Put

Newly Enlightened
I'm using a Streamlight TL-2XL on my home defense weapon. Works very well and handles the recoil of a 12ga

krichbaum

Newly Enlightened
Surefire 6P with Malkoff drop in is on my primary AR15.
Surefire G2X Tactical is on another 'go to' AR15.

I have parts on order to put together a Surefire 3P clone to use on the AR's. The dedicated weaponlights on the market are nice but don't seem worth the money for me. Both of my current Surefires were aquired at really good prices, so I'm very happy with them...especially the 6P. But, I'm looking to go to a single cell lighter weight setup without spending hundreds, so I'm looking forward to building the 3P clone.

Mark-60

Newly Enlightened
203179576_VykWZ-M.jpg

Surefire M5?? I just put a after market turbohead on it so now it's much brighter and an LED. I use this for Practical rifle night matches and such. I have it semi ready for "bump in the night" issues too.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I'm torn between a gear sector E series mount and a Vltor mount for an L4. Gear sector certainly looks alot more durable, but we're talking 5.56 in a light duty rifle, so it shouldn't be that bad should it?

Last edited:

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
Fun to see all the gun owners come out on CPF! I don't have a pic here at work with a light on my rifle but I thought I'd put up a pic and say which light I run on the rifle. Anyway, I use my Quark Turbo X with a Vtac mount. The setup is ok but I'm looking to upgrade to something more bombproof(my HDS raised my standards). I've been looking at purchasing a Surefire from overready.com, probably a bored 6P but don't have the funds right now. I would also like to upgrade to a Larue light mount on my next night setup.
cea94104-a6ae-5075.jpg

As for the rifle:
Bravo Company Recce 16" Mid-Length
BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle
Troy 11" quad rail
Geiselle SD-E trigger(not pictured)
Magpul Miad grip
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul Gen2 Mbus
Magpul AFG 2
Aimpoint Comp3
Larue LT150 Mount

Edit: Sorry about the crappy pic quality. I hosted it via tapatalk on the iPad and apparently it uploaded a very small compressed version of the image.

Last edited: