Who makes the most expensive flashlights?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
With regards to it as an investment.... No.
Invest in Gold and silver. (Especially silver).
Invest in one of the more popular Rolex watches.
Keep everything! Box, papers, the receipt. Everything!
GMT, Submariner, Explorer II, Yacht Master. Those models.
Some odd reason, practically everyone thinks they're worth the money.

strideredc

Enlightened
Holiday EDC
received_817400576312195.jpeg

strideredc

Enlightened
With regards to it as an investment.... No.
Invest in Gold and silver. (Especially silver).
Invest in one of the more popular Rolex watches.
Keep everything! Box, papers, the receipt. Everything!
GMT, Submariner, Explorer II, Yacht Master. Those models.
Some odd reason, practically everyone thinks they're worth the money.
Yes it's the sports models in stainless steel. The first one I brought many many years ago was for £1800 then sold it years latter (it was my daily wear so it was well worn!) For £5500! My reason for liking them is my dad always had one and I wanted it badly as a kid 😃.
I never thought of sliver? I did have a Krugerrand but sold it when gold went noup years ago. What do buy the silver in 0.5kg bars?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh no, no bars. Junk silver coins. No collector's value. Just the value of the silver itself. Mainly Pre-1965 U.S. quarters and dimes. 90% silver. Yes, at one point in time our money had actual intrinsic value. I keep those in labeled coin rolls.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not an original, just a fairly basic replica. You can look up the 1840 "heavy" cavalry sabre from Windlass online. I say "heavy" because the US never had heavy cavalry. Its nice for the money & fairly accurate to the original. Doesn't come sharp tho (which was actually accurate for many originals aswell lol).

Oh that's cool. I've heard of Windlass because I recently have been watching a YouTube channel by Matt Easton (scholagladiatoria).

There was recently a batch of six or so historic replicas that Matt worked with Windlass to develop.

I really want that 15th C. two-handed sword but I don't have any space big enough to swing that beast! :D

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt is great, Ive picked up most of what I know about swords from him over the years. Sometimes I wish is was legal to carry one around. I usually take night walks around 11 to midnight & with some of the dubious folk Ive ran into Id feel a lot safer lol. Kinda kidding, but also not really. Carrying guns in Germany is a no-go as you might know. Honestly even with everything around today, a sword is still the next best thing to a gun after all those centuries. Even batons are banned from carry here, but luckily I always have my Hound Dog ;)

strideredc

Enlightened
View attachment 35112
Tri-v 3b, it's a great light but a bit chonky to carry around in the pocket. Also I didn't pay anywhere near $8k… but that was years ago.
I must admit that is one nice light, as I said I always liked the concept of the spy and I was almost there when the first ones were being discussed and I think there was a pre order (can't remember if that was correct) my concern was especially back then LEDs were moving ahead so fast that I didn't want to pay loads for an out of date light. In hindsight it wouldn't bother me so much now..... Nice SD I had one just like it untill I got the deep-sea, couldn't afford to have two!

strideredc

Enlightened
Matt is great, Ive picked up most of what I know about swords from him over the years. Sometimes I wish is was legal to carry one around. I usually take night walks around 11 to midnight & with some of the dubious folk Ive ran into Id feel a lot safer lol. Kinda kidding, but also not really. Carrying guns in Germany is a no-go as you might know. Honestly even with everything around today, a sword is still the next best thing to a gun after all those centuries. Even batons are banned from carry here, but luckily I always have my Hound Dog ;)
What about a cold steel blackthorn staff aka walking stick.... I remember you saying how bad your back was and a good stick really helped with it 😊😊

Elmie

Enlightened
I must admit that is one nice light, as I said I always liked the concept of the spy and I was almost there when the first ones were being discussed and I think there was a pre order (can't remember if that was correct) my concern was especially back then LEDs were moving ahead so fast that I didn't want to pay loads for an out of date light. In hindsight it wouldn't bother me so much now..... Nice SD I had one just like it untill I got the deep-sea, couldn't afford to have two!
I recall when Cool Fall just releasing their first light, I think the 005 for pre-order and I did put my name down for one and Dave reached out to confirm and pay. I got cold feet as the light was over $500?!?!?! or more. Agreed on the concern with outdated LED's and while this light is far from being the brightest one in my collection, but it's the most versatile. The only thing keeping it from being an EDC for me, is the lack of waterproofing. Deep sea is a nice solid piece!