• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: HDS Rotary

cagenuts

Enlightened
It's not clear from the OEM site whether or not this light will take 16340s? I assume so as it takes 123s?

I also note that we've all been referring to protected 18650 incorrectly. In future we need to use the term R19670 :shrug:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aren't there various strength version of this light?
Is this the strongest of them?
170/200/250

cliwilnew

Newly Enlightened
Aren't there various strength version of this light?
Is this the strongest of them?
170/200/250

The different outputs are specific to the generation of the light and the LED used. 250 lumens is the max output for the latest cool white and 170 lumens is the max output for the latest neutral white. I think aside from emitter, they are exact same light. I think the stock cool white is an XP-G2 and the stock neutral white is a Nichia 219B. I don't know if the XP-L vn lights will have a higher output than the XP-G2.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The different outputs are specific to the generation of the light and the LED used. 250 lumens is the max output for the latest cool white and 170 lumens is the max output for the latest neutral white. I think aside from emitter, they are exact same light. I think the stock cool white is an XP-G2 and the stock neutral white is a Nichia 219B. I don't know if the XP-L vn lights will have a higher output than the XP-G2.

+1 mines started life as the newest 219B

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
whats the fuss with these lights? My curiosity has been tingling about hds for a while.. I really dont run cr123 lights very much personally but I think I might have to handle one at least one in my life time :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You can run IMR16340 too. I don't like this light much mostly because of the size and price. Other than that the quality, beam and UI is truly the best. 4000K XPL is my choice.

whats the fuss with these lights? My curiosity has been tingling about hds for a while.. I really dont run cr123 lights very much personally but I think I might have to handle one at least one in my life time :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think if it was $100 cheaper I'd try one but $280 is excessive for a 123 size light for me.

gunga

Flashaholic
Just remember stock is $270. This is nicely modded for only $10 more.

Edit: okay, maybe $30 more. Are you an Hds dealer now Vinh?

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've always thought they looked really nice but never totally understood why people would pay so much & wait so long for one :)

My modded 4sevens mini123 on 16340 is still my fave light in this category.

Not dissing - just curious.

dollar

Newly Enlightened

According to the comments on this forum, HDS is one of the most bombproof lights made. I've been wanting one for a long time but going to hold out a little longer to see if Vinh makes any additional mods.