Yanks v Fish (Cubs vs Red Sox)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Cubs vs Red Sox

Ok, it's the Cubs 5-0 in the bottom of the 5th.
If I remember, the Marlins pitcher walked the bases loaded in the 1st, and a Cub hit a grand salami to make it 4-0 then.

The Red Sox lost today, so I think the Red Sox and Yankees are tied with 2 games apiece.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope; the Yankees lead 2 games to 1. Tomorrow's matchup is Wells vs. Burkett.

Oddly enough, I don't want a Sox/Cubs World Series, because then one of them HAS to win, and it removes some of the drama for me. I'd like a Cubs/Yankees series. That way, if the Cubs win, they can certainly say they earned it!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Indeed my boys, the Red Sox did lose today so tomorrow pretty much is a must win game. What a weird game including 72 year old Don Zimmer charging the mound against Pedro Martinez then later, Jeff Nelson and other Yankees attacking a Red Sox groundskeeper in the bullpen because he showed exuberance over an inning ending double play.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The Cubs won tonight. I didn't catch the score, but they won by a good margin. If they can squeak out just 1 more win, they'll go to the World Series.

RevDavid

Enlightened

It is looking good for the Cubs.
I am still hoping for the Red Sox, but I would still be pleased with a Cubs vs. Yankees World Series... lots of history there... mostly bad for the Cubs, but this could be their year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

One thing you can say for Zim... he still has the fire... lol. By the way, I saw they took Zimmer to the hospital afterwards. I hope he is okay.

Tomorrow could make the picture a lot clearer. In the meantime, I am still hoping, and having fun doing it!

David <><

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

I heard they released Zim from the hospital. He is not a very big boy and at 72 he needs to keep it in the dugout.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened

It's chilly and sleeting in Hades.
If the Cubbies win one more it wil start snowing.
If they beat the Red Sox in the series the whole place will freeze over...

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not so fast! Boomer 4, Red Sox 2. 3-2 NY, and back to Yankee Stadium. Will the Curse of the Bambino prevail?!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Baseball update:

It's Cubs 2 Marlins 0 top of the 7th.
If the Cubs win this one, they'll go to the World Series for the first time since 1945.

The BoSox lost today.

(Edit) Florida got 8 runs in the top of the 8th, so now it's Cubs 3 Marlins 8. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

RevDavid

Enlightened

"Hey did ya' see me almost catch that ball?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif
Bet they stop him at the gate tomorrow night.

For just a moment, I felt like I was going to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
but then I realized how funny it actually was.

The poor guy was talked to by security, but he decided not to leave with them. He probably saw the lights they were carrying, and his imagination went wild.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

For the rest of his life, he will probably keep hearing the story of how he sindlehandedly wiped out the Cubs.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

Unless.... unless they WIN tomorrow night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I am feeling better already.

David <><

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arrrggghhhh.......if he just didn't try to catch the ball!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

Dan

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Baseball update...

Marlins 9, Cubs 6, going into the bottom of the 9th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(Edit) Looks like the Marlins are going to the World Series.
Now, will they play the Yankees or the BoSox?
Tune in around this time tomorrow to find out. :O

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Now it is time for the sox to self destruct?