Yanks v Fish (Cubs vs Red Sox)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cubs vs Red Sox

I don't think so. I think the Sox will pull out Game 7 vs. NY. They have the momentum they need and I like Pedro vs. The Rocket in this one.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Baseball update...

The game against the BoSox and the Yankees is about to start.

Pitching: It's Pedro Martinez for the Red Sox vs. Roger "The Rocket" Clemens for the Yankees.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
I don't think so. I think the Sox will pull out Game 7 vs. NY. They have the momentum they need and I like Pedro vs. The Rocket in this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he can dodge the C and D cell batteries that Yankee fans have been known to wing at players they don't like. If he loses his cool, it's all over

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
KC2IXE said:
If he can dodge the C and D cell batteries that Yankee fans have been known to wing at players they don't like. If he loses his cool, it's all over

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh yes... I remember "John Rocker Battery Night" at Yankee Stadium not that many years back. :O

Oh, it's 4-0 BoSox in the top of the 5th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Edit) Now it's 4-2 Boston in the top of the 8th.

(Edit) Now it's 5-2 Boston in the bottom of the 8th.

(Edit) Crap! Now it's tied 5-5 in the bottom of the 8th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

(Edit) It's still 5-5 after 9, so we're playing extra frames.

(Edit) It's still 5-5 after 10, so we go to the 11th...

(Edit) Well, son of a diddly... the New York Yankees just hit a homer in the bottom of the 11th to advance to the World Series. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So it looks like the Yankees and the Marlins will be going to the big dance.

For what it's worth, game 1 of the World Series will be Saturday (10-18) at 4:30pm Pacific time at Yankee Stadium.

RevDavid

Enlightened

I am glad you are posting scores Craig. I cannot get updates that fast on CNN/SI.
Their website is probaby overloaded right now. Think what would happen to CPF traffic tonght if everyone knew we had the current score!

David <><

Greta

Flashaholic

Call me goofy but what would be wrong with turning on the TV to see what the score is?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened

YESSSSSSSSSS

Not that I'm a baseball fan, but all those Red Sox fans are driving me crazy! And they don't believe me when I tell them they're cursed.

RevDavid

Enlightened

Well, I heard it here first.
Sasha, the TV is in the other room, and frankly the programming on CPF is superior to what we get out here on TV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But I've gotta say... I am really excited about next year. I think the Cubs and Red Sox should have an excellent chance of meeting up in the 2004 series! Here's hoping and waiting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And furthermore, it was a great year for both teams after all. They had great seasons, and it was fun!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

David <><

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Baseball update...

3-1 Florida in the middle of the 5th.

(Edit) 3-2 Florida in the bottom of the 6th.

(Edit again) Still 3-2 Marlins going into the top of the 9th.

(Edit) Final score 3-2, Florida Fish. So the Marlins win game 1 of the World Series.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Looks like the next game will be at 4:30pm Pacific tomorrow (Sunday), and you know who will be here posting scores. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Thank you for the thank you, David! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Baseball update...

The Marlins and Yankees are about to start in game 2 of the World Series. Please stand by... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
At Yankee Stadium, it's 48°F (9°C) at game time. A bit on the nippy side, but not unbearably so.

(Edit) It's 3-0 Yankees going into the 2nd.

(Edit) It's 4-0 Yankees going into the 3rd.

(Edit) It's 6-0 Yankees in the bottom of the 4th.

(Edit) It's 6-0 Yankees going into the 6th.

Looks like the fish are on their way to the Osaka Seafood Concern... you know, "knife goes in, guts come out, that's what Osaka Seafood Concern is all about!" You had to have seen the Simpsons episode where they visit Japan to get this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(Edit) It's 6-0 Yankees middle of the 7th.

(Edit) It's still 6-0 Yankees middle of the 8th.

(Edit) It's still 6-0 Yankees going to the 9th.

(Edit) It's now 6-1 Yankees top of the 9th.

(Edit) It's over. Yankees win 6-1 to tie the series at 1 game apiece.
The next game will be this Tuesday, at 5:00pm Pacific.

RevDavid

Enlightened
Re: Yankees vs. Marlins

This is turning out to look a lot like the two LCS so far...

Craig said,
"Looks like the fish are on their way to the Osaka Seafood Concern... you know, "knife goes in, guts come out, that's what Osaka Seafood Concern is all about!" You had to have seen the Simpsons episode where they visit Japan to get this. "

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

David <><

Latest posts