Yanks v Fish (Cubs vs Red Sox)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Cubs vs Red Sox

Baseball update...

The Marlins and Yankees are about to get started at Pro Player Stadium in Florida.
More as the situation warrants.

(Edit) The Marlins now lead 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st.

(Edit) Now it's tied 1-1 in the middle of the 4th.

(Edit) It's still tied 1-1 in the middle of the 5th, but it's begun to rain. Either the rain stops pretty soon, or there will be a delay or postponement.

(Edit) 7:03pm Pacific time... there goes the tarp, so the game has been rain delayed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(Edit) 7:46 Pacific time... the rain delay has been over for about 10 minutes. We're playing ball again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We're now in the top of the 6th. Still tied 1-1.

(Edit) Still tied 1-1 going into the 7th.
Oh oh it's starting to rain again. :O

(Edit) It's now 2-1 New York in the top of the 8th.

(Edit) Now it's 3-1 New York in the top of the 9th. :O

(Edit) Crap!!! Bernie Williams just hit a 3-run homer. Now it's 6-1 Yankees in the 9th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

(Edit) Yankees win game 3, 6 to 1. They lead 2 games to 1 in the series.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ya gotta like Bernie Williams! Craig, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was detecting a decidedly anti-Yankee attitude... Shouldn't a good Mariners fan root for their American League counterpart in the Series?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Phaserburn said:
Ya gotta like Bernie Williams! Craig, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was detecting a decidedly anti-Yankee attitude... Shouldn't a good Mariners fan root for their American League counterpart in the Series?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess you don't know better. I'm rooting for the Marlins, because the Yankees have won too many World Series already...and like that fast food restaraunt commercial goes, they deserve a break. A break from winning another World Series, that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Now, if the Marinators got this far, I'd be rooting for them, instead of the fish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see! I understand rooting against the favorite or longtime champion/foe. I have no doubt you'd root for the Mariners (re: Seattle colored leds decorating your person when at games!) over the Fish!

I root for NY because they are my local team and I grew up with them. The fact that they have been really good since the late 90's is just a nice bonus!

There seems to be 3 kinds of teams for alot of people:
1. Your Team
2. All Other Teams
3. The Yankees (viewed in the same way you view them, or worse)

On the other hand, I think there are more NY fans around the country in other teams areas than any other. One reason is because there are more transplanted NY'ers. The other is because they do have alot of history, so that gathers more fans (ala Dallas Cowboy fans in the northeast).

JOshooter

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
If I remember, the Marlins pitcher walked the bases loaded in the 1st, and a Cub hit a grand salami to make it 4-0 then.

[/ QUOTE ]

A grand salami??? I didn't know there was a term like that in baseball. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
brite one said:
A grand salami??? I didn't know there was a term like that in baseball. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Mariners announcer Dave Niehaus came up with that one some number of years back to describe a grand slam home run.
If we hit one, he'd yell something like "Get out the rye bread and mustard grandma, it is grand salami time!".

Oh, the Marlins and Yankees game comes on TV in about 33 minutes... better finish up testing LEDs by then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Baseball update...

The Marlins got a 2-run homer to lead 2-0 in the bottom of the 1st.

(Edit) Now it's 3-0 Marlins, still in the bottom of the 1st, still with 2 outs.

(Edit) Now it's 3-1 Marlins, top 2nd.

(Edit) Still 3-1 Marlins, going to the bottom of the 5th.

(Edit) Still 3-1 Marlins, top of the 7th.

(Edit) Still 3-1 Marlins, going into the 9th.

(Edit) Still 3-1 Marlins, top of the 9th, but the Yankees have two on and the go-ahead run at bat.

(Edit) F***, now it's tied 3-3 in the top of the 9th, and the go-ahead run is now at 3rd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Some fartknocker hit a 2-out triple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

(Edit) Looks like this game is going to extra frames. Still tied 3-3 going into the 10th.

(Edit) Still tied 3-3 going into the bottom of the 12th.

(Edit) Alex Gonzales<sp> just hit a homer, winning it for the Marlins 4-3, tying up the series at 2 games apiece. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The next game is at 5:00pm Pacific time tomorrow.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dang! Bottom of the 12th the Marlins hit a homer that was a few feet from not going over the fence and a few feet from being fowl. Dang. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
Some fartknocker hit a 2-out triple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... I guess I don't watch as much baseball as I thought... I never heard that one before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Technical term I guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

David <><

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
RevDavid said:
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... I guess I don't watch as much baseball as I thought... I never heard that one before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a word I picked up watching Beaver and Butthole on MTV, some number of years ago when I had cable for a brief time.

Baseball update...

New York and Florida will be starting game 5 shortly...please stand by...

(Edit) It's 1-0 Yankees in the 1st with 1 out.

(Edit) Now it's tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 2nd. Wait - two more runs just scored, so it's now 3-1 Marlins. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Edit) It's still 3-1 Marlins going into the 4th.

(Edit) Now it's 4-1 Marlins in the bottom of the 4th.

(Edit) Now it's 6-1 in the bottom of the 5th, with 1 out.

(Edit) Now it's 6-2 in the top of the 7th.

(Edit) Still 6-2 Marlins, top of the 9th. Wait - the Yankees just hit a homer, so now it's 6-3, with 1 out.

(Edit) Now it's 6-4 in the top of the 9th with 1 out, and the tying run is coming up to bat.

(Edit) Marlins win game 5, with a final score of 6-4.
Game 6 will be at Yankee Stadium Saturday at 4:30pm Pacific.
If necessary, game 7 will be Sunday at 4:30pm Pacific.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Baseball update...

Game 6 between the Marlins and Yankees is going to start shortly...please stand by.

(Edit) OK, it's 0-0 going into the 2nd.
Bernie Williams hit a long double to center, and Hideki Matsui busted his bat while hitting to right for the last out in the 1st.

(Edit) Still no score going into the 4th.

(Edit) It's now 1-0 Florida in the 5th.

(Edit) Still 1-0 Marlins going into the 6th.

(Edit) Now it's 2-0 Fish in the 6th.

(Edit) Still 2-0 Marlins bottom of the 7th, but Horhay Posada <sp> just hit himself a leadoff double.

(Edit) Still 2-0 Marlins in the middle of the 8th.

(Edit) Still 2-0 Marlins going into the 9th.

(Edit) The Marlins need just 1 more out to win the World Series, 4 games to 3.
2 out, bases empty.
Posada just got tagged out to end the game, and the Florida Marlins win the World Series!!!

See ya all next spring (very, very late March or early April) when the Marinators start playing again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts