You become a true FLASHAHOLIC when?

Dan_GSR

Enlightened
when your walking the streets of NYC
test out your surefire M4, on the tall buildings, and someone from that building throws a AA battery at you.....
lol

true story

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I think it's sometime long before the point where you have enough nerve to call a cop back after he's started walking away from a stop just so you can get his comments on his SL Stinger...

Or when you go for a walk with a friend in a cemetery late at night and a sheriff pops out from behind a tree and shines his light on you, you casually blast him back with a ROP without even pausing the conversation you're having... about the the pros and cons of various lights and, at that exact moment, the incident above.

I guess you have to get used to dealing with law enforcement in this hobby.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
You panic and rip your house/apartment apart if you can't find your EDC...

You venture out in sub-zero weather... just so you can get a beamshot.

Your friends always know that a flashlight will be on your person, even if your billfold/checkbook might not...

When at a thrift store you buy any flashlight you find, even if it couldn't hold a candle(power) to your EDC.

You design reflectors/optics that would best work for a ceartain situation

turbodog

Flashaholic
And you pay for overnight shipping for the $280 U2.

Then you sell it for $200 because you can't remember why you bought it.

Then you buy another one because you can't remember why you sold the first one.

Then you sell it.

Then you buy a final one.

Then you keep it, not because you know why you want it, but because you at least remember that buying and selling is netting you a negative cash flow.

cbxer55 said:
Let's see you clip one to a thong!:grin2:

You become a flashaholic when you spend $280 for a Surefire U-2
without giving it a second thought.:whistle:

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.

mudhole

Newly Enlightened
When you're somewhere at the wrong time and a cop shines his 4D mag at you and you pull out your C3T on him Him blasting him in his eyes while yelling,

"I CAN DO BETTER!!!" . . . . .

he didn't like that at first,but now he carries a surefire 9P:grin2: thanks to me.

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
When your 4 year old nephew (who you've only met once prior to) asks you within 3min of greeting you at the airport, for a flashlight. It must be genetic :ironic: .

zk188

Newly Enlightened
When you look over this entire thread and find out all the things you were going to post have been posted already.

KentuckyMike

Enlightened
When you have to go back and read this thread from Post #1 on every time it's brought back.

Well...I can't tell you how many of those I've had happen to me. And here's a few more from one day...

...when someone in your office building who you've never met (or even laid eyes on before) comes to you during a power outage out of all 1,500 people there to say, "Hey...aren't you the guy with all the flashlights? Can we buy a couple for the security guys to use?"

...when you reply, "You can't afford these."

...when, being a good guy and all, you let this stranger borrow a light....a $200 flashlight instead of your $100 EDC because, well....you'd just be naked w/o your EDC. :ohgeez:

--Mike

Last edited:

Vermonter73

Enlightened
When you look at the moon glowing through the clouds on an overcast night and think "Nice Beam Shot".

When you have dreams of flashlight duels.

When you spend so much time researching lights that if you'd done work instead you could have just bought most of them.

jarobi

Enlightened
When you realize your four-year-old son insists on reading the Little Red Caboose and Sailor Dog with the lights off by flashlight held by him! He has figured out 3 of the 4 HDS B42 settings.

Robert Perkins

Newly Enlightened
You are on call at night, you have to decide which light or lights to take in addition to the one or two, that you already have in the truck, then after a minute of thinking about it you just grab another, ya know, just in case.

Hopeing that someone will drop something on the floor so that you can pull out your "insert your light here" to help them out.

you give your friend a hard time because he bought cheap batteries for his mag, then after replacing his batteries with yours, you offer to gives him spare batteries.

Arranging your lights on the shelf according to throw, coolness and which one what what job.

redranger97

Newly Enlightened
When you're in the college library "studying" and you realize you've been reading this thread for the past 45 minutes and think it can't get much worse than that. Then you notice your EDC is sitting on the table next to the keyboard for no apparent reason.

Last edited: