You become a true FLASHAHOLIC when?

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you remember this topic coming up in 2004 and you remember that you said it was when you were posting from a combat zone. And mentioning the civillian contractor that was running a small radio station in Scania at the same time.

When you come here for more than a review or two of a light.

Hellbore

Enlightened
Ah yes, I'm a flashaholic, I'm addicted to flashahol :D

jk..

But seriously, when you check this page more than 10 times a day, I think you are definitely a flashaholic :p

sylathnie

Enlightened
When you are waiting on parts for you next custom light assembly and you start shopping for "what's next" before all the parts for your current project even come in... :broke:

When you have serious explosion concerns about your battery collection and avoid storing them all in the same place. (Similar strategy to a fireworks manufacture).

When people ask you how much a light costs you avoid including all required accessories. (Charger, power supply, batteries, etc).

When you keep an ROP around just to remind yourself where you came from.

You don't even show new lights to others any more... it's not like they will understand. :sigh:

You dig through the recycled battery bins just to see if someone threw a lithium pack in there that you can salvage the good cells from. (Or the MOSFETs from the balancing circuit)

You scoff at the 55 watt rating on your car headlights when you change them.

You wish you were fatter so your belt were longer and you could put more lights on it. (And you seriously consider a bandoleer.:whistle:)

You "don't see" a light switch just so you have a chance to flip on your EDC and "look" for it. :sssh:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
You "don't see" a light switch just so you have a chance to flip on your EDC and "look" for it. :sssh:

Or you wander into the garage/basement/outside at night, there is a light you could turn on, but you don't see the point when you have a perfectly good EDC that will light up the area perfectly well.

You sit in the dark at home for over 30 minutes so you can test the low mode of your EDC with night adapted eyes, then test all your lights low modes so you know what you have available for the next camping trip.

You keep your flashlight collection out of site so that friends/flatmates/family don't realise just how many lights you own and you certainly wouldn't want to tell them just how much you have spent on lights & mods.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
You realize that you bought 4 new lights in the last month and a half before just about everyone else on CPF (PT EOS II headlight, 50 lumen EOS headlight, 45 lumen PT Quad headlight, Lumapower Encore). I might receive the Encore tomorrow.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
when 3 seconds after paypal-ing for a new light you are back looking at another light and SERIOUSLY considering buying it.

then buy it.:candle:

Packet-Storm

Newly Enlightened
you are a flashoholic... when you start calculating how many watts the kids power wheels jeep puts out to add some "real" headlights.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually have a pretty funny story, a little x-rated, TMI and crude maybe, but, I just had to share it with you guys:

So me and mrs. bullfrog are having some fun trying to make some tadpoles the other night (if you catch my drift) and she went into our nightstand drawer where she keeps a little "toy" and where I have a G2/M60L.

Anyway, the lights were out and she grabs what she thinks is her toy.

Now, as it turns out, her toy and my toy (the G2/M60L) have a remarkebly similar twist-to-activate switch. Long story short, she gets ready to use her toy, twists to activate and :poof: there is 140 lumens of pure malkoff goodness that blinds us both. She screamed and it took me a second to figure out what happened. 2 seconds later we were cracking up. :sssh:

I think this could ONLY happen to a flashaholic - and it definitely tops my other flashaholic moment of being called "special" by a lowes employee.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'd actually be surprised if it hasn't :whistle:

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
Ohhh My! bullfrog, that made me laugh so hard....my abbs hurt now form all the laughing.....for some reason I doubt that that has happened to anyone else

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Just be careful not to grab her 'toy' to EDC in your pocket. It could be a little embarrassing when you decide to show someone your 'light.' :laughing:

t3h

Newly Enlightened
When you arrive at the office and someone says "There's a package on your desk, but when I put it over there, it kept lighting up on the inside, what's in it?"

(50 pack of photon clones from DX)

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your friends and family beg you to get them something other than flashlights for birthday and Christmas presents because they have enough from you already.

fireboltr

Enlightened
When you bore your significant other enough with lights that she says (and I quote)

"So now we have the longest running, brightest, when are we gonna try high CRI. I'm tired of the blue tinted, flat world."

I almost died as I thought when I got excited about something I am into and she really isnt that she wasnt really paying attention, like I do to her.....

Now do I take this as permission to get my hands on a Sundrop??? Or just permission to get some high CRI seouls and mod the existing lights????