You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Re: You Just Know You're A Flashaholic When......

...when you go to the beach at night and you notice most of the non-flashaholics actually have decently bright LED lights... and when they shine them at you, you return fire from a 1000L+ Oveready XML2 DD M2 head on a bored C2!

(You know you're a flashaholic when you have the brightest flashlight on the beach at night!)

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast

... Your Nichia 219 is your go to dermatology vanity light (acne issue).
... Your 18650's are in constant rotation through the charger during the daytime.
... You've repurposed an empty popcorn bag as a 1,700 lumen SF C2 lantern when exiting the movies closing credits.

dna89

Newly Enlightened

When you & the wife are laying in bed. Ceiling bouncing the lights that arrived earlier in the mail.

Vish

Newly Enlightened
When you buy the exact same flashlight model in multiple quantities coz you like it and you are afraid that they will not be always available.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
... You look at your post count.
... You ask your girlfriend to get a SureFire tattoo across her lower back.
... You look at the SureFire logo on the tailcap and experience another genius tattoo idea.
... Anonymous online flashaholics are probably your best friends.
2isv0j6.jpg

TEEJ

Flashaholic
... You look at your post count.
... You ask your girlfriend to get a SureFire tattoo across her lower back.
... You look at the SureFire logo on the tailcap and experience another genius tattoo idea.
... Anonymous online flashaholics are probably your best friends.
2isv0j6.jpg

You need to call them up and go out and play sometimes.

That's one of the reasons I go to Photon Fests and so forth.

:D

Ishango

Enlightened
When you read a new product announcement on Facebook from a certain manufacturer and instantly check here on CPF how the heck you could have missed it (and find a topic you have not seen yet).

OsheasTorch

Newly Enlightened
When all the ladies at work tell you they've seen your flashlight a thousand times... No pun intended.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
... ... Anonymous online flashaholics are probably your best friends.
2isv0j6.jpg

You need to call them up and go out and play sometimes.

That's one of the reasons I go to Photon Fests and so forth.

I organize GT's myself. I even PM members from more distant areas and find out a lot of them have family in the area and try to match GT dates with their trips whenever possible.

But Norm is on the bottom side of teh Earth
2z7ipzl.jpg

You need to find a reason for a trip to Australia ;)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
... muscle memory has you deftly changing batteries out in total darkness.
... you've snubbed your nose up at the Grabber Hand Warmers on sale in the dusty bargain bin this year.
... you've aimed 4200 lumens worth of lights at your mouth to see if the dental bleaching gel works any faster (FAIL).
... you wish the front facing screen mode of your flashlight app had a color picker for tints.

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened

When watching cop show (CSI, NCIS, Bones, Warehouse 13) you analyze the brightness, beam tint and profiles of the flashlights they are using on the show.

True Story: Was watching an episode of Warehouse 13 and the two cops were using their flashlights. I noticed that his beam was very purplish while her's was cool white. Five minutes later, in another scene, they pulled out their flashlights again and this time her's was purplish, and his was cool white. Prop guy just handed them each a flashlight before shooting each scene and never tracked whos was whos.

buds224

Enlightened

...when you won x2 lights during the Crelant giveaway and doubled, or even, tripled your post count trying to win them all hours of the day and night.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you wonder why none of your coworkers carries a flashlight with them @ work.Seems like a simple idea...(I mean,even a Mini-Mag 2 AA LED would be more than enough around a university if the power went out..

On that note...why doesn't the power go out more often in Portland?

(Looking for an excuse to use my lights at work around PSU's campus.)

(that's Portland,OR,FYI).

Last edited:

wjv

Enlightened
I'm just 20 miles north of you (N of Vancouver) and we almost never have any power failures either. . .