You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There was a story on our news the other day about crime deterrance. One of the things the reporter said was "watch out for people carrying flashlights." I think we're all in trouble! :laughing:

Taz80

Enlightened
Unfortunately people, the police included, listen to reporters and actually believe what they say. I've been questioned by the police before because of the bright lights. If I didn't want to be seen would I be walking around with a couple of thousand lumens lighting my way? I really don't think criminals are very likely to advertise their presence that way. Anyway, does this mean we're all going to have to become closet flashaholics? If so, at least they will be well lite closets, just be careful of all those artifacts and rings they will drive you crazy.

Xiphex

Newly Enlightened
On the day of Eclipse last month, I was on a school playground, below is the field, a hill path in the middle. Some one on the field risers called the cops on me when they saw me shine 4000 lumen of light to guide a family walking down the hill. Maybe they thought it was used as a search light and an actual police actually came by walking across the park.

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
I really don't think criminals are very likely to advertise their presence that way.

Totally agree with you...it is completely ilogical thinking. It's the exact opposite... you use flashlight to deter criminals. Some people have just "simple" way of thinking. I am really affraid that in future some politicians will want to band carrying powerful flashlights around, because of....... (you can cause an epileptic shock to someone... you can blind someone... burglars using a flashlight when they are commiting a crime... and etc.) Complete non-sense! :-/ And I am being polite here... That's also a reason why I don't like such titles of the reviews of flaslights saying (maybe even with funny hyperbole) "It is so bright, it should be illegal..." :-( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-T-bdtQMs

bdogps

Enlightened
Totally agree with you...it is completely ilogical thinking. It's the exact opposite... you use flashlight to deter criminals. Some people have just "simple" way of thinking. I am really affraid that in future some politicians will want to band carrying powerful flashlights around, because of....... (you can cause an epileptic shock to someone... you can blind someone... burglars using a flashlight when they are commiting a crime... and etc.) Complete non-sense! :-/ And I am being polite here... That's also a reason why I don't like such titles of the reviews of flaslights saying (maybe even with funny hyperbole) "It is so bright, it should be illegal..." :-( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-T-bdtQMs

He is just kidding, I know his channel pretty well. He loves as flashlights as much as us that are here.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
When there is an xkcd comic about people like us and your lab mate immediately thinks of you and posts it on the wall of your desk when she sees it. Check it out if you haven't seen it already!

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Yeap! Recently I got 10x Olight S1 batons now, 12x NiteCore Tubes, 4x NiteCore EC11, 3x Fenix PD35, 3x Fenix PD22 UE, 2x Fenix TK16 (planning to buy one more) :D I need serious help! :(
Wow... I guess I don't have such a big problem after all :sick:

markr6

Flashaholic
You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

You post in an online forum thread titled "You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When"

*Should be You're

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
when you think you are "cured" of the flashaholism as you basically havent bought single flashlight in almost a year.. (ok maybe one or two to four cheapos that dont really count actually.. not really.. right.) but as soon as summer ends and autumn and winter darkness arrives you suddenly get an urge to buy new flashlight or few, then just happen to browse to cpf casually by accident just to see whats new and cool happening in flashlights and then realise you get the urge to reply into something you see written in here and then realise that you actually have forgotten your password and need to go and search the notebook where it might of been written down ages ago when you last time forgot it and had it renewed and didnt dare to renew it again by sending an notice "i have forgotten my password, again".

and thanks markr6 for mentioning that so i dont need to.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know when you're a flashaholic when you go to great lengths to prep for a timed sale. Those of you who have prepped will know what I'm talking about.

Set multiple alarms before a timed sale in case you doze off at unearthly hours (Ah, time zones)
Prep yourself by clearing your bladder and bowels in advance.
Notify your significant other and family that you will be busy securing an important asset.
Verify that you have a reliable Internet connection beforehand.
Most importantly limber up and stretch before it starts. :)

Learningtobeprepared

Newly Enlightened
Yeap! Recently I got 10x Olight S1 batons now, 12x NiteCore Tubes, 4x NiteCore EC11, 3x Fenix PD35, 3x Fenix PD22 UE, 2x Fenix TK16 (planning to buy one more) :D I need serious help! :(

I have never met you, but you are a flashlight hero. Now, about that last will and testament [emoji23]

Learningtobeprepared

Newly Enlightened
When you search the candle power forum looking for new group deals, not because you need a new light, but you are overly excited to build your collection to try a new light every month and to learn more. (Not an exciting answer, but true)

Last edited: