You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

BrisketBBQ

Newly Enlightened
When you and the bride are in the backyard having wine with neighbors, one of whom is a doctor. You pull a Malkoff MDC out of your pocket to check something and the doctor mentions he misplaced his exam flashlight. This triggers a vague memory of a YouTube video, virtuovice, a doctor in Japan who hunts, fishes and talks knives, sharpening and flashlights including exam lights for doctors. I watch the video, took me a bit of searching to find the right one, and order his recommendation, Lumintop Pen Light IYP365 Penlight for Medical Nichia LED, from Amazon and have it in-hand the next day with free shipping. Of course, I bought one for myself as well. :)

The doctor is stunned when I gift it to him, lights it up and, though he does not know high CRI from a corned beef sandwich, immediately notices objects appear more "natural" than his old flashlight.

I may not be able to interpret INFRNL's runtime graphs but I think (hope) I qualify as a Flashaholic :)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...hread-Part-2&p=5311811&viewfull=1#post5311811

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you realize that we have arrived in June and have only bought two lights since the beginning of the year ..
Buy a third one immediately and plan a fourth light for next month.

KooDeRR Whistle

Newly Enlightened
When you lose a long time edc flashlight and want to cry like you've lost a loved one. lol left my preon 2 on a train one day at work, had it for years, was blue and all scratched to hell from years of pocket carry next to my knife. That was a sad day. Now i have a green one that is back to how the blue one looked, but still. RIP

DBO6

Newly Enlightened
.. you've just read 65 pages of this thread, only to find you can't disagree with any of them.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fell of a ladder at the Brewery today and cracked my head. The first thing I did when i got myself up was pick up my HDS and put it somewhere safe. The last thing I did before Mrs Yeti arrived to take me to Hospital was make sure my light was back in my pocket.
It's a worry isn't it?
P

No, I didn't bother to check if still worked, no point.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do know you could drink the beer and get the same effect as a head injury, but without the stitches. Hope everything is ok with you. Pay attention to any warning signs the doc tells you about. I had a brain injury (in 1999) that didn't show for weeks and I think I'm still recovering from.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fell of a ladder at the Brewery today and cracked my head. The first thing I did when i got myself up was pick up my HDS and put it somewhere safe. The last thing I did before Mrs Yeti arrived to take me to Hospital was make sure my light was back in my pocket.
It's a worry isn't it?
P

I hope you are well, Peter! Do take care. My father nearly fell from a ladder recently. Fortunately he regained his balance, but he dropped his HDS rotary onto the brick walkway. So glad that he's okay. Of course there was never any worry about the flashlight.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It's a worry isn't it?
P

Hope you heal soon.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, get better soon.

You know you're a flashaholic when a contractor comes over to give you an estimate on fixing some insulation issues at your house and he doesn't have a flashlight so he offers to go get one from his truck. Of course I had one (Fenix TK09) on my belt and just handed it to him instead.

It's been discussed here multiple times, but I'm still surprised at how often people don't bring lights with them for jobs like that.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
One thing I've noticed is in today's world the flashaholics have lights that you can't much find in stores that way outperform everyone elses lights in use. Too often people are fine with using their phone as they don't want to pay for a good flashlight and have to carry it around.
To put it short a flashaholic does EDC lights, with phonelights most non flashaholics don't EDC a light often even if they are a professional that needs a light daily. I'm still wondering why these uber phone models don't have a separate LED with optic on it and a real flashlight app with multiple modes and a respectable output plus some heatsinking builtin. It would probably cost less than adding 6 cameras and 5 speakers and a wraparound screen.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you use your light while having a pee, to illuminate the stream of urine to see if you can spot any PWM.
No I couldn't, maybe it doesn't work.
P