You want a new G2 color...

chas9rr

Newly Enlightened
Hey Willabbott, that is very cool that you are alrready in the process of this idea. Do you know at all how much it would cost to have a light coated? Maybe even a ballpark figure? Do you think we should start an official interest thread?
Later
Charles

Last edited:

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Not a clue on price.. I assume much of the cost will reflect on how large a batch we run through... usually more quantity makes the cost go down.

I'm hoping he actually got to call, it's getting a bit late into the day to call now.

JimmyB

Enlightened
Cabellas had boatloads of Realtree Camo G2's on the rack last time I was in the Post Falls, ID store. I don't care much for that pattern or for camo lights in general but they're out there.

Edited to add that although the camo G2's were made by Surefire they don't appear near as nice as the Multicam.

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I've never been a real fan of the hunting patters like realtree. But multicam is pretty cool looking (and works). I think a G2 in that would be great.

(bring on DPM....there must be enough brits in here to do that one...)

Brozneo

Enlightened
I've never been a real fan of the hunting patters like realtree. But multicam is pretty cool looking (and works). I think a G2 in that would be great.

(bring on DPM....there must be enough brits in here to do that one...)

I'd be after DPM also!!!! :thumbsup:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Disruptive Pattern Material.

British pattern. Similar pattern is also used by some other European countries (Dutch for example) and New Zealand (with slightly different shades).

Brit pattern SAS Windproof smock in the left, Kiwi Ventile smock on the right.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
Anybody try painting one with Krylon fusion for plastic? I was going get a can of their pumpkin/saftey orange and try it out.

Last edited:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a group buy happens, count me in for at least two units. I'm open as to patterns; not wild about conventional camo; sorta prefer "tiger stripe" patterns, black/white or black/gray subdued type patterns... will still buy a woodland camo if that's all that's available though.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened
I was wondering about that plastic fusion paint as well! Time to go to Walmart!

They didn't have the pumpkin/saftey orange at any of the walmarts/home depot/lowes/hobby stores around here. I think the only way to get it is to order it online.

Brozneo

Enlightened
Go the Kiwi DPM!!! Haha (can you tell I'm a NZer also!)

Disruptive Pattern Material.

British pattern. Similar pattern is also used by some other European countries (Dutch for example) and New Zealand (with slightly different shades).

Brit pattern SAS Windproof smock in the left, Kiwi Ventile smock on the right.

jlomein

Enlightened
Did anything ever happen with trying to get an run done of multicam G2's? Found a pic on Milspec Monkey's Shot Show 2007 section that has me wanting one.

crye-005.jpg

jufam44

Enlightened
I sent another email to Lakota Industries to request a quote-Once I get the quote we can begin a groupbuy. Unfortunately, only camo will be available at first, but more colors are possible once the first camo run is done.

jufam44

Enlightened
Ok guys, quote is in. It looks like it'll be about 58 dollars for a new light with the coating, plus shipping. That's with a quantity discount. I'll start a thread in GB at CPFMP.
-Max

Last edited:

jlomein

Enlightened
Will they be producing it with the G2 head (nitrolon) or the the aluminum G2L head? I think I would prefer the aluminum with the P61L coming out.

jufam44

Enlightened
I can have it made with either, the cost is (light cost) + (24.95) + (shipping). It can be done on any light in surefire's line, excluding the M4, M6 (would be extra $, but technically can be done with the M6) the 10X, and the Beast.

Latest posts