How do you store your lights?

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
Where do you keep them all?

I'm struggling to keep them in one place, in an organised fashion.

This is what I am currently using, but it's not the best the solution, because it's not all that high quality.

Ideally I want something like Maxpedition hook & Loop Ammo thingy-ma-bobbers, but they don't offer something similar for lights. Help please? And how do you keep all your batteries together?

case.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lots of folks use Pelican cases.

I use leftover Amazon boxes, bubble wrap sacks and a sharpie to label the boxes.
Those Amazon boxes are generally the same size whether you order a battery charger or several flashlights. So storing them is easy.

For transporting lights when travelling I place them in labeled bubble wrap sacks in a 15" laptop bag. Extra stuff like chargers, batteries etc get tucked into the accessory areas.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Flashlight drawer of course,where else would I keep them?

163e5344181d2d9fd1eec685945c6c71.jpg

If I store them away somewhere I won't use them and I buy them to use them.

I also have them scattered all throughout all vehicles,campers and bags that I carry all the time and I can tend to lose track and have to re-find them a lot,hazard of the Hobby I suppose!

I also have kept them in Pelican style cases but it seems sort of silly,they are not fragile at all and take up a lot more space if foam seperated.
The most practical for travel and access fo rme is larger tackle boxes with pull out drawers but these are still sort of a waste of space to me.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Agreed.
When I first set out to actually collect them it seemed like display was an all important feature. But it didn't take long to figure out that could quickly become a hassle.
If I had the wear-with-all to stop at a dozen it would've been ok. But as I type this, like AV said they are scattered about in various locations to ensure there is at least a couple of backups in case the few I have on my person konk out.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
My issue is I don't have a spare drawer to keep my flashlights in.

Might consider looking at a pelican case and remove the foam, and make that my portable miniature "flashlight drawer".

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights(and headlamps, batteries and other accessories) I have practical use of are in my security cabinet. The collectors are on shelves in the kitchen and living room. And of course a few lights are always in the jacket pocket.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a flashlight in every habitat-ed room in my house, and each hall . I have not had a single outage since moving to TX. In Ohio it seemed like outages were dang near a daily ,,,,,, ok weekly thing

bla2000

Enlightened
Plano 2-3620.

Fits multiple flashlights and batteries as it has adjustable compartments. Surefire C2 or Blf SS X6 and anything smller will fit. The latch seems strong.

These are only $6 at Walmart in Canada. This is the one.

Mine was "made in the usa" but I bought it about 7 years ago so I don't know if they still are.

Last edited:

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
Plano 2-3620.

Fits multiple flashlights and batteries as it has adjustable compartments. Surefire C2 or Blf SS X6 and anything smller will fit. The latch seems strong.

These are only $6 at Walmart in Canada. This is the one.

Mine was "made in the usa" but I bought it about 7 years ago so I don't know if they still are.

That looks useful, thank you.

Last edited:

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOVE the photos, everyone!!

My lights are scattered throughout the house, but they 'belong' in a bookcase that I'm trying to use as a combination display, storage and sorting device. I'm not sure it's working, though...

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lights(and headlamps, batteries and other accessories) I have practical use of are in my security cabinet. The collectors are on shelves in the kitchen and living room. And of course a few lights are always in the jacket pocket.

Wow, super neat! Love it.

MX421

Enlightened
Have mine scattered around for the most part for near where they are expected to be used. However, i have some of them on a shelf that i rotate out in my EDC. My drop-ins i store in a sectioned box similar to the Plano clear case above.

By the way, for you guys wanting to know how I was able to lay claim to even a modest amount of living room cabinetry, I used the inch by inch procurement method. The key to success is patience and integrating your soldiers with the local inhabitants.

At first I just chose a convenient place to leave my EDC when not being carried. It came and went every day, so The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner didn't think it was actually taking up residence. After all,it was absent more than it was present. Pretty smart, right?

However, I think the cat was on to me.

Hf4XwnG.jpg

Then a few more, and a few more, all the time being sure not to move the indigenous residents. Sorry I don't have more early settler pictures.

Then, before she knew what had happened, and definitely too late to do anything about it.

UiZdJG0.jpg

61B2LYx.jpg

As seen in my previous post, six short months later, imminent domain. :wave: See ya.

And that Boys, is how it's done. :takeit:

~ Chance

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think it kinda comes down to volume and style of items. If the accumulation is not more than say 6-12 general purpose users then a nice padded case with slide in points is great for transporting and imaginitive displays throughout living space is pretty fun.

But in the case of say... member magellan something of a museum display is in order. One just has to figure their style and merge it with the volume of the collection, whether it be watches, knives, old Hot Wheels cars, flashlights or a combination.

To me the word 'store' implies ones to be set aside for part of ones estate or just stashed in case of need someday. But if one travels often and likes to carry a supply of items then the word 'store' takes on a whole new definition.

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
To me the word 'store' implies ones to be set aside for part of ones estate or just stashed in case of need someday. But if one travels often and likes to carry a supply of items then the word 'store' takes on a whole new definition.

Apologies, in my case when I asked in OP, I meant the latter (almost).

I go for weekly evening camp fires, where we sometimes hike a small bit. And during these weekly excursions, I like to take a bunch of lights with me to try them all out, since the excursions usually happen in different settings almost every week.

So ideally I want to be able to store them at home when not in use, but when I'm going out I just want to grab a whole bunch and leave.

I've ordered a Maxpedition Beefy Organiser, which will allow me to store 7 lights in there at any given time (and also possibly some batteries). Will see how I get on with it.

Beefy 1.jpgBeefy 2.jpg