• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 1450L M*g 2-1/4D 8x14670

Quickstrike

Newly Enlightened
Adam, couple answers for you. First, great pictures!!!

Thanks! I just took a few quick shots. Glad they showed what I wanted.

Second, your bipin needs to go entirely under the retaining ring....so unscrew the serrated ring, drop the bipin holder inside the nickel tube, then put the ring over the top so that it is holding down the entire top flange of the bipin holder.

:ohgeez:Oh Dear! Not sure how I missed that. It seems so obvious now that you mentioned it! That will surely help out :).

Here let me take a couple pictures of my exact same light and will post them in a minute.....

Thank you! I look forward to seeing the pictures. :goodjob:

Quickstrike

Newly Enlightened
Refresh page, as I added my images to previous post.

Great pics! You have some nice lights :).

Just find it odd that it worked at first, but now it isn't.

I guess with too much spring, at times it can make appropriate amounts of contact? But if I were to shorten it, it should theoretically work all the time?

EDIT:

I decided to get out my multimeter and found out that the orientation of the batteries was off by a fraction... looked like the top column was twisted slightly. Made some slight alterations... measured the voltage again and the numbers started to climb :D.

Thanks for the help. I still might shave a little bit of the spring off. The sound it makes is terrible.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The thing that can happen with that much spring tension is twist the battery holder too much, affecting necessary alignment with the contact points.

Paypal sent for

one 2 1/4 D #14, gun metal gray...........135.00

three bi pin 14.8v bulbs 3 x 10............... 30.00

two potted 1131 bulbs 2 x 10................. 20.00

shipping.............................................. 10.00

total...................................................195.00

bill lafferty

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal sent for

one 2 1/4 D #14, gun metal gray...........135.00

three bi pin 14.8v bulbs 3 x 10............... 30.00

two potted 1131 bulbs 2 x 10................. 20.00

shipping.............................................. 10.00

total...................................................195.00

bill lafferty
Bill, as per Fivemega's quote above:
Grayed out items are not available yet (uncomplete) and possibly will be available if I can replace missing parts.

These are not available yet...
T

Quickstrike

Newly Enlightened
This light is amazing!

The spill is large w/ the MOP dual-function reflector, but it is actually useful because of the high level of brightness.

Great color as well. I was hoping it wouldn't be overly yellow and it isn't IMO.

This is definitely my Go-To light now.
And with the machined finish this thing comes with -- nobody will be taking this light from my hands anytime soon. :)

Nice work, FiveMega :thumbsup:.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Quickstrike, one more addition which really does make a big difference with this light if you have the money, is to get either FiveMega's Turbo 2.5" head, or his 3" head. They are both worthwhile additions, and universal for all his Maglite mods.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is amazing!

The spill is large w/ the MOP dual-function reflector, but it is actually useful because of the high level of brightness.

Great color as well. I was hoping it wouldn't be overly yellow and it isn't IMO.

This is definitely my Go-To light now.
And with the machined finish this thing comes with -- nobody will be taking this light from my hands anytime soon. :)

Nice work, FiveMega :thumbsup:.
I agree...this is one of my favorite lights and possibly my favorite light...I have one of FM turbo heads on this and it is awesome...used this light last night (Halloween) to stop a car from speeding down the street with kids walking all over....shined the light directly at the driver....the car slowed down and rolled down the window only for the lady to "complain" that my light was TOO BRIGHT and she said she "had to slow down because it was too bright"...I told her that was the point...she proceeded to complain MORE about the lack of visibility when I shined it at her...I told her to slow down and stop being ridiculous...

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quickstrike, one more addition which really does make a big difference with this light if you have the money, is to get either FiveMega's Turbo 2.5" head, or his 3" head. They are both worthwhile additions, and universal for all his Maglite mods.

Ditto from me. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take #15 HA Gun metal gray.
PayPal sent.
Thanks,
Tanasit
PS. And I'll take #18 red once complete.

Last edited:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
#15 HA Gun metal gray 2-1/4D M*g with battery holder arrived.

Thanks,
Tanasit

pete7226

Enlightened
PP sent for
2 1/4 gunmetal light
Vlop ref.
SS socket
5x14.8 bulbs
Boro lens
shipping

249.50 total, can you combine and ship this order along with the FM3V-2 head I also ordered. Thanks.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take #17 HA Gun metal gray.

:paypal:
Thanks,
Tanasit

Last edited:

Varriano

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I missed out. Any spares that match up with the FM3V-2 left over?

JV

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take #1 Chrome plated 2-1/4D M*g

PayPal is on the way.

Thanks,
Tanasit