Huntlight FT-01 PJ XR-E (beamshots and runtime)

Chao

Enlightened
FT01-1.jpg
FT01-4.jpg

This light was purchased from JSB, and I have had this light for month now, definitely love it. Post lux reading, beamshots and runtime graph as followed,
Lux at 1m
Level 5: 3600 lux
Level 4: 2560 lux
Level 3: 1900 lux
Level 2: 1170 lux
Level 1: 400 lux
You can find other review and lux reading results in TigerhawkT3's review page. http://www.geocities.com/tigerhawkt3/ft01xsep4.htm

Beamshots at 5m, left to right, FT01 Cree, surefire L4, fenix P1D CE
FT01-5m.jpg
L45m.jpg
p1dce5m.jpg

Beamshots at 10m, left to right, FT01 Cree, surefire L4, fenix P1D CE
FT01-10m.jpg
L410m.jpg
p1dce10m.jpg

I only did runtime tests with CR123A and 18650 at level 5(high), for more imformation, as you know, Chevrofreak did excellent job of runtime tests with different batteries and levels in this thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/147329
FT01runtime.jpg

Chao

Enlightened
Hi TJZ, according to you and Chevrofreak's test, FT-01 XRE using 3.7V RCR123A seems brighter than using CR123A, I just did the test with 3.7V RCR123A, the lux number was as same as primary cell did:thinking: , I don't know if my 3.7V RCR123A batteries are too old, they were bought almost two years ago, maybe it's time to get new batteries ;)

TJZ

Newly Enlightened
Chao said:
Hi TJZ, according to you and Chevrofreak's test, FT-01 XRE using 3.7V RCR123A seems brighter than using CR123A, I just did the test with 3.7V RCR123A, the lux number was as same as primary cell did
thinking.gif
, I don't know if my 3.7V RCR123A batteries are too old, they were bought almost two years ago, maybe it's time to get new batteries
wink.gif

Hi Chao, That's interesting! I thought for sure your lux number would be
higher with 3.7V batteries. There is an extra 1.4 volts with the
rechargeable batteries over standered CR123.
If your 3.7V RCR123A batteries are fully charged there should
be a lux increase I would think, unless there no good anymore or
not holding a full charge/voltage.

I don't have anything to measure lux or I would be glad to
compare readings with you.

Maybe Chevrofreak can give you a pointer on this one.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED forward voltage could be lower on Chaos light which would account for the longer runtime on the primaries. I suppose it's possible that may have some effect on the brightness with 2 RCR123's, or perhaps there could be some circuit variations.

daveman

Enlightened
Nice pics as Chao. The FT-01 Cree seems obviously brighter to me, but does the L4 have an larger flood overall? Or does the FT-01 emit some spill that the camera can't pick up?

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a couple of my beamshots for comparison.

[font=ARIAL, VERDANA, HELVETICA][font=ARIAL, VERDANA, HELVETICA]Huntlight FT01XSE XR-E Cree P4
shothlcree015.jpg

[/font]
[/font]
Surefire L4
shotl4016.jpg

Streamlight Stinger LED
shotstled014.jpg

daveman

Enlightened
Thanks, Light Dude. I guess the FT-01's brighter output somehow spreads out to match the L4's wider spill?

That Stinger LED ain't half-bad either.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
to mention that Quickbeam (flashlightreviews.com) announced yesterday he will do a review of the Huntlight.

as I am sure most here know, though, it might take a while for him to get to it now that he is on a reduced reviewing schedule.

he announced on February 6, for instance, that he is reviewing several CREE-based Fenix lights and that review has not appeared yet.

but it is anyways good news that the Huntlight stats will eventually get to be added to the database! (ie, stats will be produced according to Quickbeam's standardized methodology)

daveman

Enlightened
JonSidneyB said:
I guess I need to dig up his address and get him the new reflector

Please do, Jon, I'm very anxious to see how well the textured reflector will smooth out FT-01 Cree's beam.

@light emitting dude: Nice job on the Stinger, it definitely has more throw than the other 3 lights.

Latest posts