New release Fenix P1

frank777

Enlightened
Can you post a copy of the e-mail/text? I would be interested in seeing what they said.

Dobbler

Enlightened
Isn't that already the P1D-CE? It's only 1mm wider and 5mm longer than a P1 already.

Burgess

Flashaholic
If this is true,

(a simple model, with no "fancy digital innards"),

then i can't wait for Fenix to upgrade their Civictor V-1 to a Cree !

happy14.gif

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pokerstud said:
Are you talking about a simple 1 stage original P1 with a Cree emitter with no digital circuitry?

Yes. It's a tad longer than the P1. 90 fully regulated lumens!
More info to come! :D

T4R06

Enlightened
i ditch all my fenix, just one left and it will be a keeper. the P3D.
i want dramatic changes :D

18650 body and 1A power plus a textured reflector.

lightbug

Enlightened
Don't we already have tons of those P1 clones with CREE?
Nothing exciting about it anymore.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think just adding an SSC P4 to the P1 would be nice as seen in other mod posts. Wonder why Fenix has no lights with the SSC P4 or KLC8 yet?

Looks like its going to be a nice light tho!

:popcorn:

LGCubana

Enlightened
light_emitting_dude said:
I think just adding an SSC P4 to the P1 would be nice as seen in other mod posts. Wonder why Fenix has no lights with the SSC P4 or KLC8 yet?

Looks like its going to be a nice light tho!

:popcorn:

7777s posted (somewhere or the other) that Fenix has chosen CREE for it's longevity; over SSC P4.

waTom

Newly Enlightened
If I hadn't put a SSC in my P1 yesterday I would be really interested in this light :)

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an owner of a P1, P2D and Cree chinacheapo, I would be interested mostly dependent on price. For me, it would have to be alot less expensive than the P2D.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now... they say 90 lumens.... does that really mean 81 lumens? Fenix lights never ever hit their documented brightness. all tests have shown that if you want that brightness they stats that you need certain rechargables and even in that case the light will not stay at that level.. 15 mins it settles to the "normal" lm range. 130 lm = 109 and 160 lm = (i think) 120

Why dont they do what surefure do, and state a figure it will definitly hit, but might be even better? the P2D CE should be rated at 100 Lm and P3D CE should be rated 115 Lm

i took the stats someone on cpf took that 109 was the average of the p2d and i used that in my equasion of the flashlightforum figures and found the P3D was 119 (statistically) i have not tested and have no method. but even though you can see by the fact the actual stats show 109 is what you get standard with the p2d ce..

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless they realyl make a change, my official Guestimate of actual lumen output is 75 Lm for the new 90 lm p1

Dobbler

Enlightened
Maybe Fenix should stop producing more CR123A light variants (what would this make, 5 or 6 now?) and focus on making meaningful upgrades and changes to existing lights. More knurling (that can't cost much) and a forward/tactical clicky option/upgrade come to mind.

I'd bet 90% of the Fenix owners would rather see a P1D-CE/P2D-CE/P3D-CE with a lower output low setting long before a constant output CR123A light at 90 lumens.

Latest posts