Actual nighttime flashlight use (unusual for me)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday night, I was sitting here at my computer when I heard a loud woof from just outside my window. I remembered that the neighbors' temporary foster dog had dug his way under the fence a couple times while I was away for the weekend, so I knew what the deal was. I shone my VB-16 gen. 4, TL-3, and Auroralite Minimag out the window, but I didn't see the dog. I heard another bark, so I got the VB-16 and TL-3 and went outside.

After playing with this wonderful, sweet, affectionate, soft, friendly, lovable snugglebug for about half an hour, I decided to see if I could get him back home. I got a 712L headlight and a RR lantern (and a leash), and I took the dog out of our yard, to the neighbors' house, and through the neighbors' backyard gate.

He came straight back through the same hole he had come through earlier.

To make a long story short, we just left the opening wide open so that he could come and go, and we all went to bed, trying to ignore the heartwrenching "pet me, love me" whines.

I had a great time that night/early morning, because I got to meet a completely wonderful dog as well as play with a wide variety of flashlights.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's also important to mention that I used lower levels when availabe - using the TL-3 was out of the question when I nearly blinded myself with it upon shining it at a wall about 25 feet away. Multi-level lights are quite valuable for night-adapted eyes.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gee, Tigerhawk, what kinda' story is that ! ? ? ?

Not one mention of beam artifacts, runtimes, lumens, tints,

Cree/SSC/Luxeon, reverse-clickies, SOS modes, or even Discharge Curves ! ;)

Glad to learn that the dog was friendly.

I'm a dog-lover myself, so was happy to read yer' message. :grin2:

Latest posts