Different Generations of SF M6

Team Member

Enlightened
There has been much talk about the loved Surefire M6 for the past days.

But how many different versions is there of the M6?

I´ve seen 2, The Guardian and the one that I have, CombatLight..

Is there some more...?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has been much talk about the loved Surefire M6 for the past days.

But how many different versions is there of the M6?

I´ve seen 2, The Guardian and the one that I have, CombatLight..

Is there some more...?

There are 3 that I know of.. The two you mentioned and the one that says "Millennium Series M6". I have that one and the MagnumLight one.

m6_first_two.jpg

And then there are the different bezels...flat, scalloped, crenellated. I only have the flat ones.

Last edited:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starflash gave me an M6 Millennium Series with the regular, flat, bezel. It only has four numbers after the A00 in the serial number. Would it be correct to assume that less than 10k M6s have been made?

How is the Magnum or Guardian version different?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Starflash gave me an M6 Millennium Series with the regular, flat, bezel. It only has four numbers after the A00 in the serial number. Would it be correct to assume that less than 10k M6s have been made?

How is the Magnum or Guardian version different?

Mine only has 4 numbers after A00, too. But I have no idea how many M6s have been made. They could always just add more numbers.

As far as I can tell, the Magnum and Guardian versions only differ in the name and engraving on the side of the body...and the bezel is probably updated to the scalloped/CB versions.

I keep confusing which one came first...the Mill Series or the Magnum. I just know for sure that the Guardians are the current ones.

Brozneo

Enlightened
There is another thread around here which details the different versions of the M6 - from memory there is only three versions...

Where's Al when you need him!

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
And here it is...all 3 generations of M6's! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent picture, ttran97 :twothumbs I had only seen the MagnumLight and Guardian M6 until recently. Which do you prefer? :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! I just picked up the Guardian today from OpticsHQ...great people, great prices! The new bezel is pretty cool looking, but I think I like the name "MagnumLight" better. The one that I actually use, though, is the "Millennium Series M6" one and I have a beam cover on it.

I took some quick pics of the case that two of them will sit in, protected forever and ever... It's a Pelican 1200 (also bought from OHQ).

Last edited:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not wanting to sell the Millennium Series M6 then? :D I prefer the looks of that one to the others. Nice and simple.

Regards,
Tempest

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So...any owners here of a MagnumTLight??? Yes, that's right, with a "T." If I recall correctly, it was a very early run of the M6 lights that contained a typo that didn't get caught. I guess "technically" it wasn't a different generation M6, just slightly different "name."

Illum

Flashaholic
Al told of improvements and modifications between generations....do you mind stripping your lights down and tell us if theres any differences on the inside?

nude shots of surefires...I can't wait :grin2:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not wanting to sell the Millennium Series M6 then? :D I prefer the looks of that one to the others. Nice and simple.

Regards,
Tempest

nah, I'm hanging onto all of these. Although I have a ton of lights, only a few of them have actual meaning to me. The "MSM6" one was my first and the "MagnumLight" one was a gift from Tactical Warehouse for working on their webpages all those years ago.

Plus, now I have a complete set of the series. No reason to buy a 4th M6 until Surefire makes some drastic changes.

The insides of all three look the same to me. Exact same battery holder, too. So I don't know what improvements there would be. Al will just have to get back from partying and clue us in. :)

DM51

Flashaholic
That's an extremely nice trio. Maybe you should consider putting a scalloped (not fully crenellated) bezel on to the MagnumLight - then you would have a complete set of variations of bezel too.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Compare TailCap switch contacts (for example)

I see what you mean, Al. Looks like they're different materials and the oldest one has a slightly different design.

From L to R: MagnumLight, Millennium Series, Guardian

Last edited:

Latest posts