Solution for people who want to use RCR123 in the E1B Backup

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy the KX2-BK and put it on that E1B body (or black E1e) and it'll work great! I put a 3.7 v AW RCR123 in there and no flickering problems and it seems pretty bright. You'll just end up with a reverse UI (low first, then high).

Then sell off your E1B original head in the MarketPlace, or get that modded by milkyspit. :grin2:

The KX1 head won't work because it has issues with 3.7 v rechargeables.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I like the look of this light but couldn't live with that ugly two way clip.
Norm

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of this light but couldn't live with that ugly two way clip.
Norm

You could just leave the normal clip on there if you like. But the two-way clip makes it a lot better to clip to the inside of your pocket, since all that's sticking up will be a little bit of the tailcap, as opposed to the entire length of the head if you use the old clip.

rtt

Enlightened
Great idea ttran97! I have a black E2E and E1B and was just thinking about getting a KX2-bk dual output head for the E2E. Since I have a 17650 cell that fits the E2E, I could use the KX2 on both bodies using rechargables:thumbsup:.

Do you have an estimate of the run time on high with the KX2 head on the E1B?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea ttran97! I have a black E2E and E1B and was just thinking about getting a KX2-bk dual output head for the E2E. Since I have a 17650 cell that fits the E2E, I could use the KX2 on both bodies using rechargables:thumbsup:.

Chao said that he got 30 minutes regulated and then 85 minutes to half brightness...here.

Chao

Enlightened
I did the runtime test with one 3.7V RCR123A, the first 30 minites was regulated, and at 85 minute to 50%, not bad.

Nice combo and great picture ttran97!:twothumbs

SPECTER6

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the head it came with and Tenergy 3.0v RCR123s. I just use it on high for about 2 minutes to get the voltage down and then it works fine on low as well.

Latest posts