Carrying the NDI

tcc

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I recently got the NDI and am loving it. So small/compact yet very bright for a AA flashlight.

I currently use it as my EDC along with all my keys but kind of find it cumbersome. Took a small length of chain from a car alarm key fob and used that to attach to my keys. Then got a nylon zip tie and attached the two. Didn't like the metal on metal contact that the lanyard has. I then put all my keys into my pocket and let the NDI hang outside (don't want to scratch it up :D).

How does everyone else carry it? Is there a holster that fits the NDI? I think this would be much better.

TIA

Centropolis

Enlightened
Hello All,

I recently got the NDI and am loving it. So small/compact yet very bright for a AA flashlight.

I currently use it as my EDC along with all my keys but kind of find it cumbersome. Took a small length of chain from a car alarm key fob and used that to attach to my keys. Then got a nylon zip tie and attached the two. Didn't like the metal on metal contact that the lanyard has. I then put all my keys into my pocket and let the NDI hang outside (don't want to scratch it up :D).

How does everyone else carry it? Is there a holster that fits the NDI? I think this would be much better.

TIA

I thought the NDI comes with a holster? The ones I see selling on eBay comes with one.

Well, I don't really have a EDC because I work in an accounting office and don't really need to carry one with me all the time. But walking around house at night or beside my bed.....i have my Maglite LED.

If I go out for a walk at night, lately I have been using the G2L.

pbs357

Enlightened
and you call yourself a flashaholic?!:twak:

:nana:

Crenshaw

LOL! Now, now Crenshaw - he's only at the Enlightened stage technically. It won't be soon before he's full blown Flashaholic! I work in a sales office so while I certainly don't NEED an EDC light, I carry one in my pocket (the NDI, or a Fenix P2D Q5). But have I used it in "need" before? YEP. Walking to the car one stormy night when the parking lot light power was out, and once when the elevator power shut down (that one paid for itself a million times over!).

That aside, I use my P2D holster sometimes, or my old Nuwai Q-III holster. But, I just found out that Litemania makes kydex holsters for the NDI. I got a "Duo" holster for my Q-III way back which holds the light and a spare battery, and it's awesome! I'm sure I'll be ordering another for my NDI. (Hey Litemania, any discounts for advertising??? LOL!)

Last edited:

Gunnerboy

Enlightened
My NDI is hooked to a skull-sinnet. It's usually in my pants pocket, sometimes in a coat/jacket pocket. No need for a holster since the lanyard normally hangs out for quick access.

My E0 is hooked to a set of keys and takes a beating, but still seems to be used the most.

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Now, now Crenshaw - he's only at the Enlightened stage technically. It won't be soon before he's full blown Flashaholic! I work in a sales office so while I certainly don't NEED an EDC light, I carry one in my pocket (the NDI, or a Fenix P2D Q5). But have I used it in "need" before? YEP. Walking to the car one stormy night when the parking lot light power was out, and once when the elevator power shut down (that one paid for itself a million times over!).

That aside, I use my P2D holster sometimes, or my old Nuwai Q-III holster. But, I just found out that Litemania makes kydex holsters for the NDI. I got a "Duo" holster for my Q-III way back, and it's awesome! I'm sure I'll be ordering another for my NDI. (Hey Litemania, any discounts for advertising??? LOL!)

ahh, true true...give it awhile, he'll be like the rest of us who can somehow justify carrying 5 lights on certain days. :crackup:

Crenshaw

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for mine to come. I ordered it on eBay through a store in Hong Kong so I don't think I would be getting it for another 2 weeks. Waiting anxiously.:popcorn:

I'll decide if I will edc NDI once I get it. I'm EDCing L0d and Photon Freedom microlight now, and that's more than enough light for me.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I'm wearing jeans I'll carry it with the light in my pocket, and the lanyard out. If I'm wearing my fleecy PJ pants around the house I'll just tuck the lanyard inside the waist band and let the light hang on the outside, that way no cold aluminum against any possible bare skin. :) If I need to move about the house when it's dark I can just turn it on and let it dangle about. Sometimes when I've been in the dark for awhile, I'll pop it on in tactical mode and it's amazing how much blinding light comes out of the thing. :)

tcc

Newly Enlightened
Well that's the thing. If I use the lanyard that came with the NDI and put it in my jean pocket, I have either keys in one or change in the other and I wouldn't want to dent/scratch/ding the nice looking thing :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could by the kydex protector for it. I just bought the kydex dual holster...

Crenshaw

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using the holster that came with my Fenix L1T ver 2.0

that one seems to work well

Francis
I use a Fenix holster, too. I have problems with the light in a holster that's snug because of the ring. The elastic on both sides works well. I don't particularly like the bulk of the Fenix holster, but it'll have to do until I have time to make one.

tcc

Newly Enlightened
Hrmmm....it says:
Nitecore Defender Infinity ;
- Cap clip : 13$
Clip.jpg

- Protector : 17$
Protector.jpg

- Holster : 22$
Single.jpg

- Dual Holster : 25$
Dual.jpg

- Dual Holster w/ Tek-lock : 32$
What's Tek-lock??

Am I correct with the pics?

How does the cap clip work? Snap in from the bottom?